Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just saw a rumor online about the Minion Cafe opening in May, and Mel's going down for refurb?

If that's true.. whoa.
Yes, I've heard Minions Café opening in May, Villaincon in June (originally they were supposed to open simultaneously but Villaincon is slightly behind schedule)

Minions Café is supposed to be a popcorn stand on the corner where the old drink stand was, a walk up popsicle counter on the façade of the café, and the Minion's Café (along with Bake My Day bakery).

Yes, I've heard Minions Café opening in May, Villaincon in June (originally they were supposed to open simultaneously but Villaincon is slightly behind schedule)

Minions Café is supposed to be a popcorn stand on the corner where the old drink stand was, a walk up popsicle counter on the façade of the café, and the Minion's Café (along with Bake My Day bakery).
Ahhh of course. Just before our trip in May, just like we were at USO a week before Hagrid's opened.. Bad luck

Mel's needs it. I like how 2023 and 2024 seem to be the year of in-park improvements leading up to Epic. Glad they aren't ignoring some of the crumbling sidewalks and infrastructure that was in place and making it looks as good as possible for 2025.
The food in the park is seemingly getting a big upgrade too. We already got two new stands and the main Minions Cafe, now it sounds like we're getting an extra bakery and two more food stands? I'm really liking this!

That all sounds really awesome. I'm going to miss Bone Chillin' though. :sob:

Although, they just added freestyle machines to the new stands in NY, so we're still at a net positive of freestyle machines!

Reactions: Alicia

Yes, May kind of creeped up on us...

The cafe seems behind schedule as well, but idk it's hard to see

Reactions: HHN Maddux

I dunno about the Cafe being ready for May, but Villain-Con is probably June or July.

This is an odd question - but should Minion Cafe discussion be in here or in the Monsters Cafe Closing thread?
Has the cafe been officially announced? If it has it should have it’s own thread. If not, maybe the Monsters Cafe Closing thread should be updated as a “Monster’s Cafe Replacement” thread? We’d have to ask @Brian G. , @Joe , or @Nick .

Edit: Looks like it was officially announced back in December.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's not happening.
Are they trying to time the opening of Villain Con with the cafe and store to the right of the attraction? If that is the case maybe July? I assume that the attraction is pretty much finished on the inside.

Are they trying to time the opening of Villain Con with the cafe and store to the right of the attraction? If that is the case maybe July? I assume that the attraction is pretty much finished on the inside.
What store to right of attraction? Pretty sure Betty Boop is staying Betty Boop, they just refurbished the front while redoing the food kiosk out front is all. There will be an exit gift shop for Minion Blast across from the exit shop at Minion Mayhem. And a new bake shop and more attached to Minion Cafe.

What store to right of attraction? Pretty sure Betty Boop is staying Betty Boop, they just refurbished the front while redoing the food kiosk out front is all. There will be an exit gift shop for Minion Blast across from the exit shop at Minion Mayhem. And a new bake shop and more attached to Minion Cafe.
If a June opening is no longer happening, what is holding it up? Looks pretty much finished to me. Maybe the attraction is not fully finished on the inside then? Because if it is I hope Universal will do what they did with SLOP and at the very least provide us with pictures of the inside. I am dying to find out how this attractions turns out in person. At this rate as I mentioned above it looks like this will open in July or even August.

Do we know what the food stand in the corner of the concert courtyard is going to become? It's currently surrounded by Minions work walls.
My guess would be Freeze Ray Pops, which is another trademark filed recently. We’re expecting that, Bake My Day, and a meet and greet area to be added in addition to Minion Cafe and Minion Blast.

I think the meet and greet is along same side as Bake My Day, behind the Cafe, so that leaves Freeze Ray Pops as possible for this location.

My guess would be Freeze Ray Pops, which is another trademark filed recently. We’re expecting that, Bake My Day, and a meet and greet area to be added in addition to Minion Cafe and Minion Blast.

I think the meet and greet is along same side as Bake My Day, behind the Cafe, so that leaves Freeze Ray Pops as possible for this location.

Would be odd for them to remove 1 of the 3 symmetrical art-deco booths in the music plaza.

But at this point, the entire project is quite odd in terms of theming and placemaking