Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So looking at this arial photo and seeing @Alicia say that there may be a Minion Land marquee in this area, it really makes me surprised that they did not turn that gift shop into an Illumination gift shop and integrate it into the land more.

Is the the shop that’s connected to Hello Kitty in Hollywood? This side was Betty Boop, and I think the center portion was misc. or already Illumination? Maybe they just swap Betty for Illumination in the order. They also removed the sign on it and haven’t replaced it with anything.

Is the the shop that’s connected to Hello Kitty in Hollywood? This side was Betty Boop, and I think the center portion was misc. or already Illumination? Maybe they just swap Betty for Illumination in the order. They also removed the sign on it and haven’t replaced it with anything.

That would make sense. They could essentially make it look like two different things. Illumination from the side (with related merch on that end of the building) and Hollywood from the front with Betty Boop merch moving to the center.

Reactions: Nico
No one posted the new concept art here yet?

View attachment 18905
one thing I've been meaning to ask our Permit Princess, the holy one, she who remains, will the moving walkway have some sort of divider situation to keep parties together and to prevent people from moving past you or continually walking backwards to stay in a certain spot for points etc? I imagine just like a little rail thingy to prevent that from happening... if not... I'm nervy for how people are going to behave haha

one thing I've been meaning to ask our Permit Princess, the holy one, she who remains, will the moving walkway have some sort of divider situation to keep parties together and to prevent people from moving past you or continually walking backwards to stay in a certain spot for points etc? I imagine just like a little rail thingy to prevent that from happening... if not... I'm nervy for how people are going to behave haha
Not that I’m aware of. You’re meant to stay standing in your spot after stepping on, and the hundred people standing in front of you and also behind you should probably dissuade you from attempting to move anywhere.

There should be railing on the sides of the moving pathway, but no dividers between guests.

No one posted the new concept art here yet?

View attachment 18905
Really digging this art. From what I gather from the image we will visit a gallery, underwater Alantis, and Space. Plus those two blocks to the right appear to be power ups. Though I have to ask from the video, what sources are you pulling from that claim VCMB won't be ready until August?
I’m… oddly encouraged it won’t be ready now until possibly August? I just feel this is going to be significantly better and bigger than we all expect.
I have the feeling already that this could very well have more effort put into it than Web Slingers.

Universal Orlando has provided a bit more information on Illumination’s Villain-Con Minion Blast.

If a guest is on a mobility scooter or in a wheel chair, I’m assuming they can just roll onto the moving walkway and off again without having to stop the ride system for load/unload like with many omni-movers. Is that a fair assumption?