Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Playing Devil's Advocate, but aren't movies 100% ready on their release date?
Movie release dates get changed a lot. Especially if you're a smaller movie.

I get what you're saying though. There's something to be said about being perfectly ready to go on day 1. I think a lot of it comes down to operations. Movies don't change after day 1 (unless you're George Lucas!) Theme parks do because there's all kinds of operational issues you can't predict (which is half of VB's issues not all)

Playing Devil's Advocate, but aren't movies 100% ready on their release date?

Well, if everyone treated VB like a movie and just sat there and looked at it, the reviews would be great. But theres a huge difference in having something visually ready when you have 100% control of everything and having it ready to have people physically interact with it.

Reactions: adjjb
Movies are pushed back from their release dates all the time. The Last Jedi was supposed to come out in May, Pitch Perfect 3 in July, Avatar 2 this Christmas.. :lol: Not a great comparison.

Who knew running a brand new park would have issues!? I thought everything will be working correctly for a brand new park!

There's having opening issues which anyone would expect (ie Diagon opening issues) and then there was this. Which was/is major problems of their own making which could have been avoided and tested if they were more realistic in their opening date and construction.

Not if you're George Lucas.
Or James Cameron!

Just saw an online ad that was basically just Disney's different pools in their hotel resorts. To be honest they are all themed really well. It looked just as cool as Volcano Bay's ad lol.

The Poly pool does not.
I can't agree with this. For a resort pool- it's pretty cool.
While I preferred the earlier volcano vs the "blown out" look- the splash area and tikis they added are significantly better.
But looking at it in its own (not vs the old look)- it's pretty well-themed.

None of them are aulani - but what is. :D

Jeez! String lights apocalypse! :confused:

No, no... all complaints were dismissed as we were told they were "temporary" by a few here, remember?

I don't mind some- but it can certainly be too much of a good thing. I actually think too much takes away from the other light fixtures they have- which haven't been reported on much, but might be the best themed items in the entire park.

As a side note- we really only have two (arguably 3) active insiders on this forum that have consistently had good information- and then a handful of people that want to sound like insiders who end up with egg on their face more often than not. And they always speak in definitives- no "in my opinion" or "I think". Why they Act like that- I don't know- internet fame? :huh:

Last edited: