Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Personally, when it comes to water parks, it's quantity over quality of them for me. At the end of the day it's just water slides and you really can't do much with them. I'd rather go to wet 'n wild any day over Volcano Bay. I know some say the slide combinations are "unique" but they are only unique to Fla as pretty much every combo has been done in various states and countries. And I am saying this from a money prospective as there are a lot of great water parks in the US that offer more than VB for less than the price. I guess what is keeping me away is another tube slide complex and a family style water coaster.

Well VB is closing November 2 for the season until March 1. AP will be extended 2 months.
See attached
Is the extension only for passholders with volcano bay on them ?

It is being discussed here.

Is early park access to APs or only on-site guests?

Depends on the weather, but most likely yes. It's a Saturday and they've been hitting capacity most Saturdays.

I know the other two parks have been hitting capacity didn't see Volcano Bay hitting capacity on the weekends yet

Went on 11/1 and as you all forecasted it was crazy busy. So busy I didn't hang around, was uncomfortably busy. Any reason why the back two locker areas were closed? I really don't understand why those would be closed while trying to enforce social distancing. Really bothered me. Anyways still love Volcano Bay but will just try to hit it on less crowded days for sure, I can't believe that was a "lower capacity" it was wall to wall

Any idea what refurbs will go on (if any) during the downtime?

I'd love to say they'd work on that expansion but I doubt it. While it would be nice to add more space for social distancing, I think it would be smarter to leave the expansion until 2022. It could fill the void of having no major additions (That I know of but I have no insider knowledge) and offer a cheap addition while money is tight.

Man, if only it was 81 degrees, sunny, and busy in Orlando :( would be a great time to go to a water pa... oh.

Random question, but does anyone know how long it takes to fill something like that? I’m sure they use fire hoses or some built-in system but getting the chlorine level right probably takes some time as well.

Man, if only it was 81 degrees, sunny, and busy in Orlando :( would be a great time to go to a water pa... oh.

Random question, but does anyone know how long it takes to fill something like that? I’m sure they use fire hoses or some built-in system but getting the chlorine level right probably takes some time as well.
This week : High of 83. Low of 35. Here comes our 2 days of winter