1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Volcano Bay: Photos & Reviews

Discussion in 'Volcano Bay Water Park' started by Joe, May 24, 2017.

1. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Thanks

2. Frank Drackman

Frank Drackman Premium Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I swear, the more 'rock work' I look at (all around the park), the more 'faces/totems/Easter Island thingies I think I see

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
  3. JPRA513

JPRA513 Newcomer

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

4. Frank Drackman

I thought I had slipped into HHN territory when the daughter and I stopped by Volcano Bay for the last 40 minutes of the evening the day we checked into CBBR:

[​IMG]

ok, Vol. By or is that the nightly bye?

[​IMG]

5. Frank Drackman

here is the backside of the volcano from inside the park (as my camera saw it):

[​IMG]

maroonmol, Joe, Quint and 1 other person like this.
  6. SpatulaShack

SpatulaShack Newcomer

You can see from this pic that they've started to paint the exposed steel and crossbeams a purple color similar to the steel on the front of the volcano under the front platform. Whoohooo!

7. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Minus the steel and the weird lights I'm totally ok with the open backside

AliciaStella likes this.
  8. wizwit

wizwit Rookie

That picture from that perspective makes it look lovely! Great pic, Frank!

Take away those palms, though....

9. mcusi

mcusi Rookie

Shout out to @Skold for the advice on how to attack VB. I took your advice and my family and I conquered the park yesterday!

I've been to all of the water parks in Orlando including Adventure Island in Tampa. VB, in my opinion, is the best water park that I've ever been to. KEEP THIS IN MIND THOUGH. When I say that, it means that I was able to do everything in the park and not have to deal with the craziness that is Volcano Bay and when I say that, it means that I didn't deal with the craziness TOO MUCH... that is... Volcano Bay :lol:. Yes, multiple slides broke down, even several times during the day. Yes, the park is still being worked on. There are a few things that I can nitpick and say that it should be done better, but all in all, the park is TREMENDOUS. I still prefer TL's theme over VB, but the rides at VB are top notch.

The biggest con of the day was the Kohola Restaurant & Social Club. We went during rush hour, so we knew what to expect, but wowwwww was the service slow. Just the entire process of ordering and picking up your food was poor if we are trying to be nice. I do not recommend the burgers because I didn't feel like there was much flavor to the one I had, but the chicken curry was tremendous.

Work out the kinks Universal and you'll have yourself one of the best water parks in the world.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  10. Obi Ubamba

Obi Ubamba Veteran Member

How crowded was it? Did you feel rushed in trying to do all the slides?

11. Andysol

Andysol Member

What work is still left to be done on the park? What construction did you notice?
    Still curious about these aspects as updates have become all but nonexistent sans Dave and Tim.

12. Skold

Skold Rookie

No problem - glad it worked! :clap:

i'm curious to hear the sequence you hit everything, and when you had to start Tap'ing!

13. mcusi

mcusi Rookie

It was slammed this past Monday and yes, we felt rushed trying to do everything. Keep in mind that we had early park access from staying at Cabana Bay so that definitely helped us hit the main things for the hour and a half that we had.

From what I noticed, it still looked like they were working on the area under the volcano by TeAwa. Construction equipment was left there.

From what I noticed, it still looked like they were working on the area under the volcano by TeAwa. Construction equipment was left there.

EDIT: Sorry for double posting.

We got in at 7:30 due to staying at Cabana Bay. The aqua coaster was a ride now so we hopped on that. We did Honu after that and actually had to tap into it for a 20 minute wait. My family did Ohyea with another wait time similar to Honu. After that, we did the drop slide followed by the body plunge, each with a 30-45 minute wait. The rest of the slides were cake. Biggest issue of the day was the occasional slide breaking down and the lunch line taking us FOREVER.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2017
    Obi Ubamba and JoeCamel like this.
  14. King_K.

King_K. Member

Went with friends and open/closed this park this past week. While crowded, we never had to wait to go into any of the rivers and the wait times were incredibly manageable. The only attraction we weren't able to experience was Punga Racers, cause it went into some downtime, but a quick trip to the concierge desk and they were able to switch out the ride reservation to Honu and even gave it to us as a "ride now", which was great, considering it had a muuuuuch longer line than Punga.

For those who say the food lines are outrageous, we only noticed long waits at Kohola Reef and that's mostly cause it's right at the entrance of the park. All the other locations had a less than five minute wait. We decided to eat at Bambu instead and it was no wait at all. I think most guests tend not to look at park maps to see what else is available. Same goes for the concierge desks, the one right at the entrance is usually busy all day, while the ones around the rest of the park usually just have one or two people waiting to be helped.

Big props to the Team Members working at the park. Everyone we saw was working as efficiently as possible and the customer service was off the charts for us all day. (strong drinks at Dancing Dragons totally helps too!)

Andysol, Journey_On, 12th Man and 5 others like this.