Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walking Dead Attraction: Stay or Go?

Do you believe TWDA should stay or go?

• Stay

• Go

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
You placing a bet?

Honestly, if Universal wasn't distributing those 3 films; then I would say it's going sooner than later. However..the fact that Universal has now put in money towards the IP in a massive way with AMC, makes me think it will not only stay; but will recieve updates once the films come out.
See Tom Cruise's Mummy: Also the franchise is dead. Movies will flop. Again my 2 cents.

They could save this if they found a way to make it interactive maybe?
Something like Knott's Scary Farm's Infected or just turn it into an attraction full of animatronics and you shoot them. idk

See Tom Cruise's Mummy: Also the franchise is dead. Movies will flop. Again my 2 cents.

I wouldn't necessarily consider TWD being a "dead" IP. Especially as they're seemingly keeping strong to keep airing the main series, FTWD, and now collaborating with Jordan Vogt Roberts on an entirely new spin-off series with the IP for 2020.

Should there be concern, especially as the Skybound comic series has ended? Yes. However, I don't think AMC is going to let the IP die so easily, and I do think the film trilogy's going to be in a bit of a larger scale than some may be thinking.

So apparently it may stay around longer? (No inside info here, just guessing from recent posts)

If so, cool, I guess. There's nothing they can really replace it with anyway as space is super tight in that building. If they insist on keeping it around a few years longer, it would be nice for them to add a few rooms/change them up.

So apparently it may stay around longer? (No inside info here, just guessing from recent posts)

If so, cool, I guess. There's nothing they can really replace it with anyway as space is super tight in that building. If they insist on keeping it around a few years longer, it would be nice for them to add a few rooms/change them up.

Honestly, if Parisain Courtyard goes (as seemingly rumored in the past), I'd argue a portion of TWDA would make as a nice bar. (with the rest being transformed into an indoor overflow queue for Pets) Otherwise, I'd assume the biggest changes would be a new finale and new queue videos with Andrew Lincoln (along with audio from him around the walk-through experience).

(Another) Nintendo souvenir shop?

They're finally investing in new Nintendo stores across the globe (with London and Tokyo getting new Nintendo/Pokemon stores, so I could honestly buy Nintendo being a major storefront for Universal Citywalk (also helps cross-promote with SNW)).

__

To bring this to TWDA, I do stand by the comment I made on the main TWDA thread, that they're going to wait on closing this until after UP releases the TWD films (with Andrew Lincoln). It's unfortunate, as I do think that location could be a prime venue for Pets overflow and flex-space.

Last edited: