WandaVision | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

WandaVision

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It wasn’t the story I wanted, but it was a story that is actually needed and puts Wanda in the correct emotional place going forward. Feige has made a point to say nothing can happen in these shows that would confuse someone who only watches the movies. That was our earliest tell that
Wanda wouldn’t go full villain or the multiverse and X-Men would be introduced. Someone who goes from [Endgame] to Strange 2 would get whiplash from the fairly underpowered hero Wanda suddenly becoming a reality-altering villain. If Wanda becomes a villain (again), it has to be seen in the movies. What this show did was give Wanda the closure (and motivation) she needs to work with Strange. Agatha name-dropping the Sorcerer Supreme is basically telling Wanda who she should go to for help. The issue is that Strange (being Strange) may view Scarlet Witch as a huge threat. It’s more nuanced (interesting) storytelling.

Although, I realized the whole Evan Peters thing is nearly identical to the Mandarin/Trevor story. Marvel loves trolling the fans with this stuff.

Feige has made a point to say nothing can happen in these shows that would confuse someone who only watches the movies.
This right here is very important for all of us to keep in mind going forward. I know a lot of people (myself included) here and on twitter got really high expectations of some big MCU characters being introduced. Going forward, we need to remember, these shows are meant only to give certain characters more depth.

If for whatever reason, you're an MCU fan and decide not to watch the shows though, there's absolutely nothing in these shows that will make the general audience member to ask "why are they like this now?" aside from maybe "when did Wanda get such a cool costume?" and if someone is asking that type of question, we now have a Scarlet Witch origin story for people to watch if they want, but again, it won't be *necessary* in order to understand the events of the films.

That's actually why I think we didn't get Mephisto in WV. If Mephisto does become a big part of MoM, you want to introduce him in the movie, not a show. The show laid a lot of groundwork for him, though. Just like in Loki, they're starting to explore the TVA. Awesome stuff to explore in a show (and it's getting a second season), but us as fans need to now keep our expectations in check as to how far they will go as far as new character introductions.

As much of a mystery/mindbender with seemingly so many possibilities as WandaVision was, it still in the end sort of came to Feige's "Keep It Simple Stupid" formula that he tends to follow successfully. That's not a bad thing, it's just something I think everyone needs to keep in mind. The most obvious outcomes and comic accurate things are typically what Feige tends to stick to.

Reactions: SeventyOne
lol

They can say you don't "need" to watch these to understand it all but I call BS.

I mean sure in a sentence Strange can sum up Wanda current place in life...but to really get what she is doing in the next movie you need to watch the show or will be confused.

They can sugar coat these but Ms Marvel will not be something on the side...she is literally in the next Captain Marvel movie. These arcs will affect the MCU and might even be teasing Secret wars...so yeah I think the show was 8/10 great. If you don't like it cool, I said after episode one this is not Mando its not made for Everyone and thats ok.

lol

They can say you don't "need" to watch these to understand it all but I call BS.

I mean sure in a sentence Strange can sum up Wanda current place in life...but to really get what she is doing in the next movie you need to watch the show or will be confused.

They can sugar coat these but Ms Marvel will not be something on the side...she is literally in the next Captain Marvel movie. These arcs will affect the MCU and might even be teasing Secret wars...so yeah I think the show was 8/10 great. If you don't like it cool, I said after episode one this is not Mando its not made for Everyone and thats ok.
You aren't getting the point.

Previously, the characters would've changed from movie-to-movie and like you said, someone like Strange would wisecrack about her having changed over the course of a short back and forth and then they'd move on. The only difference now is that we actually got to see what Wanda went through to get to that change.

Not everyone can afford Disney+, especially with the price increasing to $7.99/month on the 26th. So for those that can't afford to both see the movies and watch the shows (or simply don't have time) you most certainly will not need to see this series to enjoy SM3 or Strange 2, but having seen it will probably make you enjoy those more.

You aren't getting the point.

Previously, the characters would've changed from movie-to-movie and like you said, someone like Strange would wisecrack about her having changed over the course of a short back and forth and then they'd move on. The only difference now is that we actually got to see what Wanda went through to get to that change.

Not everyone can afford Disney+, especially with the price increasing to $7.99/month on the 26th. So for those that can't afford to both see the movies and watch the shows (or simply don't have time) you most certainly will not need to see this series to enjoy SM3 or Strange 2, but having seen it will probably make you enjoy those more.
If you don't care about why she has two kids and just accept it then cool. But think its important to see the why this time.

Also when Vision just shows up again...lol.

I guess you can just not watch these but you are not getting the full picture Miss Marvel origins will be in a show....I guess you can say a sentence and people ge who she is but there will be im sure many moments they are missing out on and be missing much of the context around here.
Its like saying you can read the Avengers Comics but not the individual ones and be fine which is both truth but you wont enjoy the main story as much.

Reactions: Nick
If you don't care about why she has two kids and just accept it then cool. But think its important to see the why this time.

Also when Vision just shows up again...lol.

I guess you can just not watch these but you are not getting the full picture Miss Marvel origins will be in a show....I guess you can say a sentence and people ge who she is but there will be im sure many moments they are missing out on and be missing much of the context around here.
Its like saying you can read the Avengers Comics but not the individual ones and be fine which is both truth but you wont enjoy the main story as much.
Currently she doesn't have two kids. She has two kids who seem to be stuck somewhere (hell?) and I think it all ties to Mephisto, but that's just a guess. I think that can be explained fairly easily, probably by Mephisto himself.

Vision on the other hand I can see your point. But he'll probably end up back at the SWORD base next time we see him and it'll be explained through flashbacks (I'm not betting on him being in MoM). I'd actually be really down for seeing Vision have his own little story away from Wanda for a change of pace. Obviously he'd come back to her eventually, but his arc as a whole has been so tied to her that I feel like it could be fun to see him without Wanda. Possibly in Armor Wars?

Hmmm here's a thought I just had.

Was Agatha more of a hero then villain? Sure she wanted Wanda's power, but she saved the citizens of the city by showing Wanda what she did to them. If I was a citizen of Westview this Agatha lady not only freed me from the torture of being enslaved by Wanda, but she also tried to take the power from Wanda to keep her from doing it again to other people.

Hmmm here's a thought I just had.

Was Agatha more of a hero then villain? Sure she wanted Wanda's power, but she saved the citizens of the city by showing Wanda what she did to them. If I was a citizen of Westview this Agatha lady not only freed me from the torture of being enslaved by Wanda, but she also tried to take the power from Wanda to keep her from doing it again to other people.
I mean she could say she wanted to help them but she wanted the magic for selfish reasons and sure no good. Wanda did this all by accident while Agatha wanted power.

Not saying she is evil but she is no hero either. Also Wanda is also kinda villain, she isn't a bad person but for sure is willing to do what she must now and will never be able to just live on Earth again without being in hiding or under the protection of the Avengers

I mean she could say she wanted to help them but she wanted the magic for selfish reasons and sure no good. Wanda did this all by accident while Agatha wanted power.

Not saying she is evil but she is no hero either. Also Wanda is also kinda villain, she isn't a bad person but for sure is willing to do what she must now and will never be able to just live on Earth again without being in hiding or under the protection of the Avengers
Sure it was for selfish reasons, but at the same time, she also knows that the scarlet witch is extremely dangerous.

Sure it was for selfish reasons, but at the same time, she also knows that the scarlet witch is extremely dangerous.
And she knew Wanda couldn't control the power (at that time) and she felt she could.

Its a big ball of selfishness mixed with good intentions. Which means she's a mirror to Wanda, which is a MCU antagonist trope.

Well now Wanda has the book....soooo she might be able to control it more...or will destroy earth ironically because the only reason she has the book is because she confronted her

Really we had 4ish villains this season by the end and kinda two of them are put away for now but will reappear im sure which is nice...I am tired of the MCU killing villains off. Like grow like the heros...its why Doom would be exciting because he would be in more then a few films.

Well now Wanda has the book....soooo she might be able to control it more...or will destroy earth ironically because the only reason she has the book is because she confronted her

Really we had 4ish villains this season by the end and kinda two of them are put away for now but will reappear im sure which is nice...I am tired of the MCU killing villains off. Like grow like the heros...its why Doom would be exciting because he would be in more then a few films.
In the post-credits scene where Wanda is in her Astral-form studying the Darkhold, you can hear Tommy and Billy yelling for help, which for now I will interpret to mean that she's going to find a way to bring them back which will rip open the multiverse.

Parts of the Darkhold story has been told in Agents of Shield (Season 4) and Marvel's Runaway's (Season 3). Nothing good ever comes from reading the Darkhold.

Reactions: joelbryant11
In the post-credits scene where Wanda is in her Astral-form studying the Darkhold, you can hear Tommy and Billy yelling for help, which for now I will interpret to mean that she's going to find a way to bring them back which will rip open the multiverse.

Parts of the Darkhold story have been told has been told in Agents of Shield (Season 4) and Marvel's Runaway's (Season 3). Nothing good ever comes from reading the Darkhold.

I don't think that was her in a astral form. They've established when in astral form your body goes unconscious. What we saw was something else.

The kids calling for help could also just be in her head....driving her mad. Or since they were made from a part of herself like Vison was they could be trapped inside of her.

I know Aaron Taylor-Johnson doesn’t like doing sequels, but if they offered him enough money he would’ve come back. Whatever they offered, they should have offered more.

Or they simply could’ve brought in literally any other male actor for the boner role.

It’s really too bad that such a preventable mistake regarding a supporting character is taking so much away from the amazing things they did with the lead character.

Iron Man 3 and WandaVision are great attempts at exploring mental health for Marvel, but they shot themselves in the foot each time by including a ridiculous stunt casting that dominated the headlines afterwards.

I know Aaron Taylor-Johnson doesn’t like doing sequels, but if they offered him enough money he would’ve come back. Whatever they offered, they should have offered more.

Or they simply could’ve brought in literally any other male actor for the boner role.

It’s really too bad that such a preventable mistake regarding a supporting character is taking so much away from the amazing things they did with the lead character.

Iron Man 3 and WandaVision are great attempts at exploring mental health for Marvel, but they shot themselves in the foot each time by including a ridiculous stunt casting that dominated the headlines afterwards.
If they wanted ATJ, they would've gotten ATJ. It's not like he's A-list. The head writer of the show (Jac Shaeffer) said they basically cast him to be the "recast character" that people just sort of ignore was recast in sitcoms from the 90's or so (Aunt Viv from Fresh Prince is a prime example of what she's talking about).

I'm not 100% convinced the door is fully closed on Evan Peters. Remember, the MCU is notorious for fake deaths and fake outs in general. Sure right now if you're asking, i'm gonna go with Peters is just Ralph, but they didn't 100% close the door, either. If they want to revisit it once the multiverse is open, they could easily just say that sure he was "Ralph", but no one inside of that bubble was actually that person. Ralph was just the role he was there to play, right? Even the photo Monica held up was literally a head shot.

Not saying it's going to happen by any means, they just didn't fully shut the door on it imo so if they want it to happen, it'll happen.

If they wanted ATJ, they would've gotten ATJ. It's not like he's A-list. The head writer of the show (Jac Shaeffer) said they basically cast him to be the "recast character" that people just sort of ignore was recast in sitcoms from the 90's or so (Aunt Viv from Fresh Prince is a prime example of what she's talking about).

I'm not 100% convinced the door is fully closed on Evan Peters. Remember, the MCU is notorious for fake deaths and fake outs in general. Sure right now if you're asking, i'm gonna go with Peters is just Ralph, but they didn't 100% close the door, either. If they want to revisit it once the multiverse is open, they could easily just say that sure he was "Ralph", but no one inside of that bubble was actually that person. Ralph was just the role he was there to play, right? Even the photo Monica held up was literally a head shot.

Not saying it's going to happen by any means, they just didn't fully shut the door on it imo so if they want it to happen, it'll happen.
I could also see him coming back...and my guess would be in a more villainess role. Upset his sister never brought him back.

That would just be my guess because him back as a hero I just don't think would do much for people....not saying Quicksilver isn't popular but that version is for sure on the lower list, I don't know anyone who loved that character. Also since Wanda story is not near done according to Kevin, think we for sure in someway will see him back maybe after Dr Strange 2.

I could also see him coming back...and my guess would be in a more villainess role. Upset his sister never brought him back.

That would just be my guess because him back as a hero I just don't think would do much for people....not saying Quicksilver isn't popular but that version is for sure on the lower list, I don't know anyone who loved that character. Also since Wanda story is not near done according to Kevin, think we for sure in someway will see him back maybe after Dr Strange 2.
It's hard to love a character that died in the same movie he was introduced (and died stupidly, imo - why did he take the bullets for Hawkeye instead of using his speed to push him out of they way, saving them both?)

Anyway, people loved Evan Peters' version of Quicksilver. I don't see a villain type of thing because he'd be so low-tier, Wanda knows he's not her brother and she's so powerful now what's the point?

I've been thinking and wouldn't this go against the whole mindset of "the shows are nonessential to the movies"? How do you explain the Bohner/Quicksilver mess in the movies without watching the show? Either the quote was more of a throwaway than serious (which is possible since the show explains things such as Monica and the skrulls interacting) or Evan Peters was quite literally stunt casted for a boner joke :lol:

Reactions: belloq87