Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WaterWorld

I'm guessing that a photo like this has already been posted, but I figured I'd post this anyway. Here's another photo of the seaplane being lifted up and reset after a show today.

(Hoping that the image posts correctly!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that this is kind of a small detail, but I've noticed that the WaterWorld cast board has been gone for almost two weeks (according to an employee, they're replacing it with a new one). Does anyone know how often they do this? It's not a big thing, but I'm just a little interested in it as I haven't been able to recall most of the off-mic actors who I've seen in the show lately with it being gone.

Not sure if this is old news or not, but Brittany Servidio said that Waterworld is definitely closing for a month-long refurbishment in January. Again, sorry if this has already been discussed, but last I heard it was only a rumor.

Not sure if this is old news or not, but Brittany Servidio said that Waterworld is definitely closing for a month-long refurbishment in January. Again, sorry if this has already been discussed, but last I heard it was only a rumor.

Yup, we reported it here - but it's always good to get another confirmation.

^ I only think it's down for one month, according to what it sounds like after some WW cast members mentioned it, but I hope it's not down for three!

^ I wonder if guests think twice when Tiny comes out on a jet-ski. I know it looks funny to fans, but I'm curious if it impacts the show in anyway from someone that's not familiar with the show.

Well, I guess this proved to be true

During the time of refurbishment what do you think will change or improve? I think new LED lighting instead of fluorescent and a new speaker system though I'm probably wrong. Wasn't there rumors of an improved and redesigned queue? Anybody know any details?

Well, I guess this proved to be true

During the time of refurbishment what do you think will change or improve? I think new LED lighting instead of fluorescent and a new speaker system though I'm probably wrong. Wasn't there rumors of an improved and redesigned queue? Anybody know any details?

The queue will be redesigned to accommodate additional guests. As for lighting and audio, the show has a relatively new audio system so I'm not sure why it'd be replaced completely. I'm sure they'll do some touch-ups here and there, but don't expect a radical redesign. That already occurred when Action Horizons took over.

The 21 year old computer system that runs the show will be replaced.The pyro firing system will be updated. I'm sure lighting will be updated

Last day for a while (3 months?) will be Jan 9.

January 2nd is actually the confirmed last day at the moment, and yesterday I was told by a cast member that Waterworld will return around April 7th, so yes, it'll be closed for about three months. 

The 21 year old computer system that runs the show will be replaced.The pyro firing system will be updated. I'm sure lighting will be updated

Last day for a while (3 months?) will be Jan 9.

That "21 year old computer system" was changed out years ago. There are a few original parts like the main control panel in the booth that Bill (SET) uses and some hardware.