Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Resorts - Update & Rumor Thread

I've heard that rumor several times, including a rumor of it being very "exclusive" with its own entrance in MK in Adventureland. I suppose it's possible, it just seems like the plot on opposite side of the lagoon for the Mediterranean would be the better location for views and big money for those views.

This rumor also fits with the widening of Floridian Way and addition of more overpasses for the parking exit. All these improvements (walkway to GF, widening of roads/overpasses) are all long delayed and MUCH needed to help with all the traffic congestion on property.

I just have to wonder with all the new hotels and additions to hotels at what point they reach saturation? And will the construction of more high end hotels combined with the low price point of the new Universal hotels force Disney to really cut the rates for the glorified motels/"value resorts"?
I wonder if this is the S.E.A. themed boutique hotel?

Disney is decreasing bus service serving Pop Century to DHS & Epcot Resorts to encourage people to use the Skyliner more. Buses from Pop to DHS & Epcot will now have 1 hour intervals instead of the previous 20 minutes.

Disney is decreasing bus service serving Pop Century to DHS & Epcot Resorts to encourage people to use the Skyliner more. Buses from Pop to DHS & Epcot will now have 1 hour intervals instead of the previous 20 minutes.

Makes sense. It was always the plan until a little lightning.

Because some of these resorts are so sprawling, is it inconvenient to for some guests to walk to trek to the nearest Skyliner station vs where the buses are? Not sure of all the stations placement but I imagine it could be the opposite of where the "Preferred" rooms are some guests pay a premium for.

Because some of these resorts are so sprawling, is it inconvenient to for some guests to walk to trek to the nearest Skyliner station vs where the buses are? Not sure of all the stations placement but I imagine it could be the opposite of where the "Preferred" rooms are some guests pay a premium for.
Like AA, I believe there's just one bus stop. So basically it's a bit of a walk to either, unless your room is right next to the bus stop. The Skyliner station is in the middle of the bridge that connects Pop with AA.....We had a room that was in the AA Mermaid section which is the farthest from the Skyliner & the one Bus stop. It only took 4 or 5 minutes to get to either from our room. So Pop, with about the same resort layout, should be in a similar situation.

I think what many forget is that there are many people with severe fear of heights. The gondolas might seem convenient but for those with that issue this is just not an option. I remember when I was younger(10) my dad would have himself, me, and my brother surround my mom just to help her take an escalator. I know this sounds strange but for some it is this difficult, now my mom since then(25 years plus later) has been able to fight these fears but I can tell you the skyliner would still be a struggle and 25 years ago not a damn chance. Convenience can mean different things for different people and so for some this really might not be.

This is more of a general WDW Resort thing rather than any specific hotel or something like that, but also didn't feel it warranted a thread. The McDonald's near DAK is being rebuilt and I thought it noteworthy that they went with a 100% solar roof. idk why more places in Florida don't do this:

This is more of a general WDW Resort thing rather than any specific hotel or something like that, but also didn't feel it warranted a thread. The McDonald's near DAK is being rebuilt and I thought it noteworthy that they went with a 100% solar roof. idk why more places in Florida don't do this:

They had to put the tiles from Energy somewhere :grin::bolt:

It’s right next to the all-stars and the only McDs on property so I’d imagine quite popular, but the charge more here than a regular McDonalds.

Well, McDonalds is McDonalds but it is nice to be able to get food that doesn't cost me a ton of money.