Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Web Slingers (DCA)

So some lucky cast members got to preview the Spider-man ride.

The synopsis from the few CMs that got to ride it is that it was really good and it’s better than Midway Mania. I think it may be that they were just excited to do any sort of ride, let alone the newest one. Maybe it’s actually good. We’ll see.

The synopsis from the few CMs that got to ride it is that it was really good and it’s better than Midway Mania. I think it may be that they were just excited to do any sort of ride, let alone the newest one. Maybe it’s actually good. We’ll see.
So many factors make it hard to trust early CM reviews, but here's hoping.

EDIT: Finished reading. Article seems to suggest that the Spider-Man in the preshow is a hologram as opposed to an animatronic? It also seemed like they may have been talking about a different part of the queue.

Wonder how many of those CM's have visited IOA?!?

Still sounds incredibly underwhelming.

I mean...do CM's ever say something is bad? I'm sure they love GOTG take over of TOT as well.

The ride is going to underwhelm me...im sure it will be fun but I bet it has like no villains and Spiderman without villains? Whats the point it could have been anyone then

Considering Mission Breakout is heads and tails above ToT in the ride department, that's not quite the best example to use. Soarin' Around the World over Soarin' Over California would be a far more apt example.
I will have to go on it with a very...very open mind but to me it's like making Nightmare's Overall on HM year round and also if you turned a nice looking hotel into an ugly looking space Prison.

My point is Disney fans pretty much like anything Disney does....rare exceptions are changing things in Pirates or Small world getting Disney characters in it but even now no one really cares. The Falcon ride which I hear is good but really not something you need to do more than once even gets a pass because the land is so cool. I just don't trust the Disney sites or CM's to tell me the truth and this ride seems to be pretty unimaginative but yes fun for some so it will get a pass because "kids like it" and Disneyland is for kids even if Walt has quotes saying aiming for only kids is dumb.

Considering this is the first time any of those CM's have been on ANY ride in the SoCal region since at least Early March, I think there's a HIGH probability that their reviews a just a TAD bit skewed towards the positive simply by the fact that they got to ride something.

I will have to go on it with a very...very open mind but to me it's like making Nightmare's Overall on HM year round and also if you turned a nice looking hotel into an ugly looking space Prison.

My point is Disney fans pretty much like anything Disney does....rare exceptions are changing things in Pirates or Small world getting Disney characters in it but even now no one really cares. The Falcon ride which I hear is good but really not something you need to do more than once even gets a pass because the land is so cool. I just don't trust the Disney sites or CM's to tell me the truth and this ride seems to be pretty unimaginative but yes fun for some so it will get a pass because "kids like it" and Disneyland is for kids even if Walt has quotes saying aiming for only kids is dumb.
Guardians Tower is a prime example of don’t judge a book by its cover - part of the negativity around it comes from people equating DHS ToT and DCA ToT, which is most certainly not true. As for the ride, I view it as an inferior ToT that was replaced with a story that better matches its ride profile - it’s not an overlay like HM.

The point the review lost credibility for me was when it said the ride vehicle was similar to Transformers..... like, in that it’s blue and has a fixed lap bar? Better than TSMM sounds like a stretch to me too... I’m guessing the real split on that comparison will be closer to 50/50.

The point the review lost credibility for me was when it said the ride vehicle was similar to Transformers..... like, in that it’s blue and has a fixed lap bar? Better than TSMM sounds like a stretch to me too... I’m guessing the real split on that comparison will be closer to 50/50.
You really think it’s that much of a stretch that this could be better than Toy Story? I think that would be an easy competition. Better than Radiator Springs or even Transformers might seem like a stretch to me until I see it in person.

You really think it’s that much of a stretch that this could be better than Toy Story? I think that would be an easy competition. Better than Radiator Springs or even Transformers might seem like a stretch to me until I see it in person.
This is obviously all guessing at this point, but my thought is that it will be slightly better in the CGI department with screens that surround the ride vehicle more than the flat surfaces of TSMM, but give me a physical gun in an arcade shooting setting over reading my arm movements with sensors.

It will not be better than either RSR or Transformers.

This is obviously all guessing at this point, but my thought is that it will be slightly better in the CGI department with screens that surround the ride vehicle more than the flat surfaces of TSMM, but give me a physical gun in an arcade shooting setting over reading my arm movements with sensors.

It will not be better than either RSR or Transformers.

Oh, I see. For you, it’s more of a preference for the style of shooter. I get that. It’s a reason I even like buzz more than TSMM. I’m sure the visuals and story will surpass TSMM, but will it have the re-ridability that Buzz and Toy Story have is the real question. I know it will not be better than transformers or RSR, which is why I said I wouldn’t believe it haha. I’ll still have a hard time warming up to the ride regardless, since I feel having a shooter/screen based ride for this property when midway mania is just a stones throw away, feels like the wrong move.

Has anyone heard or seen regular guest reactions to this ride?

Not us theme park geeks, but the common man of sorts?

I realize that might actually be even harder to find at Disneyland than WDW since we have a lot of locals, but I am super curious if there is any buzz/excitement around this at all