Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Web Slingers (DCA)

I'm with you on Eisner. I thought he was just really stupid, but after watching Defunctland's sub-plot of him I realize he was a very creative man who was trying to navigate a very stressful business in which, after losing his friend and partner-in-crime, tried to stay relevant in a rapidly changing world and ended up with more failures than successes.

More failures than successes... after a certain point. I think his 1984 - 1998 tenure is pretty unassailable from a 30,000-foot view. Sure, we can nitpick weird ideas and projects here and there, but we can do that with anybody leading a giant business.

Even the biggest "failure" of that era -- EuroDisney -- was a creative (if not commercial, at first) success.

1999 - 2005, however, is pretty indefensible (Tokyo DisneySea being the lone triumph, though we know that had more to do with OLC letting Imagineering basically do whatever they wanted).

This is good news. I know they have been going back and forth with virtual queue and standby the last couple of weeks, but this is the right move for this attraction. Not sure if Rise of the Resistance will follow so soon, but on my last visit to the park a week or so ago it was very easy to get a spot in the virtual queue. The breakdowns throughout that day were brutal though. I have no idea if that is factoring into them keeping the virtual queue around or not but it is something I've thought about.

This is good news. I know they have been going back and forth with virtual queue and standby the last couple of weeks, but this is the right move for this attraction. Not sure if Rise of the Resistance will follow so soon, but on my last visit to the park a week or so ago it was very easy to get a spot in the virtual queue. The breakdowns throughout that day were brutal though. I have no idea if that is factoring into them keeping the virtual queue around or not but it is something I've thought about.
I don't know about ROTR Ca. breakdowns, but on Magic they've been talking about a good number of DHS ROTR effects out of commission most of the time lately, chief among them the guns and Kylo AA.

I don't know about ROTR Ca. breakdowns, but on Magic they've been talking about a good number of DHS ROTR effects out of commission most of the time lately, chief among them the guns and Rey AA.
There's a Rey AA? You mean Fynn?

Interesting. I went on Rise at DHA back in late September and everything seemed to be working fine when I went on.

There's a Rey AA? You mean Fynn?

Interesting. I went on Rise at DHA back in late September and everything seemed to be working fine when I went on.
These are Magic posts from the last couple of weeks. (Kylo Ren in b mode more often than not and guns down)

I don't know about ROTR Ca. breakdowns, but on Magic they've been talking about a good number of DHS ROTR effects out of commission most of the time lately, chief among them the guns and Kylo AA.

I can't speak for what the breakdowns are here, all I know is that they seem to happen very often. That day I was there, the virtual queue "paused" about 5 or 6 times throughout the day. We did finally get on it and the guns worked as we approached the scene and stayed static as we went through it. The final Kylo figure worked fine this time but the last few times I've been on it that scene has been in b-mode. Again, not sure if that has anything to do with keeping the virtual queue around but it would make sense to me if it did.

I can't speak for what the breakdowns are here, all I know is that they seem to happen very often. That day I was there, the virtual queue "paused" about 5 or 6 times throughout the day. We did finally get on it and the guns worked as we approached the scene and stayed static as we went through it. The final Kylo figure worked fine this time but the last few times I've been on it that scene has been in b-mode. Again, not sure if that has anything to do with keeping the virtual queue around but it would make sense to me if it did.
I don't really know anything about the tech, but the posters on Magic that seemed to know said the gun malfunction issue is what was causing the Orlando ROTR ride system to shut down. One Insider said that
Disney mgt. was so upset about the problem continuing that they told the techs to either fix the problem once and for all or shut down the gun effect for good.

I don't really know anything about the tech, but the posters on Magic that seemed to know said the gun malfunction issue is what was causing the Orlando ROTR ride system to shut down. One Insider said that
Disney mgt. was so upset about the problem continuing that they told the techs to either fix the problem once and for all or shut down the gun effect for good.

I seem to recall hearing issues about the turbolaser gun effect even back during construction, too.

I have seen this video spreading like wildfire on the internet…

With the way the building fell apart, that certainly looked like a safeguard/precaution in case this moment happened.

What I found intriguing was the dialogue of the show, since right after launch Spider-Man immediately says "[Name of A.I.], Airbags please!" , with the A.I. commenting the building does not have them. I don't recall hearing that dialogue in any video I've seen, so I wonder if that is something unique to when it knows there's a fault.

With the way the building fell apart, that certainly looked like a safeguard/precaution in case this moment happened.

What I found intriguing was the dialogue of the show, since right after launch Spider-Man immediately says "[Name of A.I.], Airbags please!" , with the A.I. commenting the building does not have them. I don't recall hearing that dialogue in any video I've seen, so I wonder if that is something unique to when it knows there's a fault.

Someone on Twitter confirmed via a source that the line is indeed a failsafe audio that can be triggered by a stage manager.

Someone on Twitter confirmed via a source that the line is indeed a failsafe audio that can be triggered by a stage manager.

Nice! Honestly a smart idea since something like that could always happen. And considering it was back up and running a couple hours later, all the precautions worked as planned.

Wait….this actually happened!?

This whole time I thought it was fake.

I can totally understand thinking it was fake since earlier someone did make a fake crash vid, but this one was real. Found a pic them repairing the wall which helps confirm it.