What is your favorite restaurant inside USF? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

What is your favorite restaurant inside USF?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite restaurant inside USF?

• Beverly Hills Boulangerie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kid Zone Pizza Company

• Other

• Total voters
If they re-themed Lombards to Jaws cafe it would be my favorite...right now it would have to be Monster Cafe...love the sets and props

I chose Finnegan's. The food is great and not that much more money than quick service food. I love the atmosphere- it doesn't even feel like you're in a theme park in there. I like Louie's for pizza and I'll occasionally go to Mel's. The last time I went to Richter's was in '05... not a fan.

Haven't been to Lombard's yet, but that's next on my to-do list.

My vote went to Finnegans. We have made it a point to eat there on all of our trips to Universal. The food is great and the atmosphere is especially amazing when they have live entertainment playing. Plus the price is incredible for being in a theme park. My meals at Finnegans have cost me less then my meals at some restaurants on I-Drive.

We should sign some of Universal's counter services up for Restaurant: Impossible. lol Anyway, I voted for Food & Film Festival. I can't help it. That's Universal for me.

In honor of Jaws when i went to Finnegan's this week i ordered a Shark Attack (Coconut Rum, Blue Curaçao, Pineapple Juice, & Sprite)

I highly recommend it.
ccb95e15.jpg

Also Lombards has the best vegetarian dish between the two parks: pasta primavera
83b4b560.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised by F&FF's popularity. It feels so much like a school cafeteria to me :shrug:
I don't really need theming where I eat, but it is nice, as long as there is something tasty.
I like the variety and as I said before I love the Chicken Parm there. So my vote was for the place I eat at the most.
I like Louies, no themeing, but if the Pizza was more NY style it would be better.
Mels has very average food but a theme that is popular.
Monsters Cafe.... same as Mels
Personaly I don't do sit downs at the parks not sice the old Hard Rock, and I said never again.

In honor of Jaws when i went to Finnegan's this week i ordered a Shark Attack (Coconut Rum, Blue Curaçao, Pineapple Juice, & Sprite)

I highly recommend it.
ccb95e15.jpg

Also Lombards has the best vegetarian dish between the two parks: pasta primavera
83b4b560.jpg

Thanks for the recommendations! Definitely will try the Shark Attack and I'm eager to eat at Lombards the next time I'm at USF!

I don't really need theming where I eat, but it is nice, as long as there is something tasty.
I like the variety and as I said before I love the Chicken Parm there. So my vote was for the place I eat at the most.
I like Louies, no themeing, but if the Pizza was more NY style it would be better.
Mels has very average food but a theme that is popular.
Monsters Cafe.... same as Mels
Personaly I don't do sit downs at the parks not sice the old Hard Rock, and I said never again.

I totally get that. I just place a lot of value on ambiance since it's a theme park.
What do you mean about the old Hard Rock?

Does anyone know a really good vegitarian meal at the resort I know Moe's has good vegitarian meals & the vegie burger at Bubba Gumps is amazing!!!

Thanks for the recommendations! Definitely will try the Shark Attack and I'm eager to eat at Lombards the next time I'm at USF!

I totally get that. I just place a lot of value on ambiance since it's a theme park.
What do you mean about the old Hard Rock?
When I was at the Hard Rock, way...way back, we were rushed in and rushed out. I didn't find either the food or atmoshere worth the treatment we received or the money spent. IMO it is over rated and the whole expirence left with zero desire to ever try it again.
As bad as that was the HR store they had was even worse. I wouldn't buy a dollar for fifty cents if had the Hard Rock name on it.

Last edited:
When I was at the Hard Rock, way...way back. we were rushed in and rushed out. I didn't find either the food or atmoshere worth the treatment we received. IMO it over rated.
And the HR store they had was even worse. I wouldn't buy a dollar for fifty cents if had the Hard Rock name on it.

You should definitely give sit downs another chance. I eat at Mythos almost every time I'm in the park, and they let you take your time and really take in the atmosphere.

When I was at the Hard Rock, way...way back, we were rushed in and rushed out. I didn't find either the food or atmoshere worth the treatment we received or the money spent. IMO it is over rated and the whole expirence left with zero desire to ever try it again.
As bad as that was the HR store they had was even worse. I wouldn't buy a dollar for fifty cents if had the Hard Rock name on it.

Oh, that sucks... :(

You should definitely give sit downs another chance. I eat at Mythos almost every time I'm in the park, and they let you take your time and really take in the atmosphere.

^ I definitely agree with this ^

Does anyone know a really good vegitarian meal at the resort I know Moe's has good vegitarian meals & the vegie burger at Bubba Gumps is amazing!!!

83b4b560.jpg

^ What he said? ^ :p

Hard Rock is a terrible experience everywhere I've been. Don't knock Universal for that. I agree with Skip, give it another try. Especially Mythos. Or if you want a cheaper option, the Nascar Cafe Grille has imrpoved greatly in recent years.

they let you take your time and really take in the atmosphere.[/QUOTE said:
That is good to know, Haven't been in IOA in almost four years, maybe next time.

--- Update ---

Hard Rock is a terrible experience everywhere I've been. Don't knock Universal for that. I agree with Skip, give it another try. Especially Mythos. Or if you want a cheaper option, the Nascar Cafe Grille has imrpoved greatly in recent years.
Nascar has been hit or miss for me and for that reason it is not in the wheel house anymore.
Plus the GF like Moes... so thats where we go outside the parks.

That is good to know, Haven't been in IOA in almost four years, maybe next time.

--- Update ---

Nascar has been hit or miss for me and for that reason it is not in the wheel house anymore.
Plus the GF like Moes... so thats where we go outside the parks.

That's how it was for me, but it's been more consistent since the refurbs. I also just love thier pulled pork :drool5: