What to "add" to Islands of Adventure | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

What to "add" to Islands of Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Never going to happen (along with most of these ideas...this is a "blue sky" thread), but oh god if we could swap out Hulk for an FD clone and theme it to Iron Man...what a wonderful combo with VC (and Hagrid's) that would be.

Never going to happen (along with most of these ideas...this is a "blue sky" thread), but oh god if we could swap out Hulk for an FD clone and theme it to Iron Man...what a wonderful combo with VC (and Hagrid's) that would be.
Well, there was internal talk, according to some Insiders, to theme it to Iron Man when they did the refurb. If that rumor was true, then your idea even has more merit....Myself, I like Hulk better than IM, so it turned out for the best, for me.

Well, there was internal talk, according to some Insiders, to theme it to Iron Man when they did the refurb. If that rumor was true, then your idea even has more merit....Myself, I like Hulk better than IM, so it turned out for the best, for me.
Had no idea that was a possibility, glad it didn’t change. My guess is this is a “if it ain’t broken don’t fix it” type decision.

While it’s all just speculation and rumor stuff, IF, again, IF, the HTTYD show is cut, would this work in IOA as a stand-alone? I don’t see the show being cut in Epic Universe, buuuuuttt if they did, is there any reason it can’t fit here? I guess we’d need to see the show to see how central it is to the land itself, rather than the IP itself, if that makes sense. This park just needs a show desperately. It’s hard to rank it as the best park in the US when there is almost nothing to do if it rains, and the park is located in Florida....

Ahem.

So with the JWA out in Beijing, more discussion of Zelda lately, seeing some of KFP, feels appropriate to bring some discussion to this thread as all of these have been tied to IOA in some variation of rumors, ride permits, fan theories, etc.

KFP we have discussed for filling the need of an indoor area at this park, which it really needs as I do feel once Epic opens, on rainy days this park will be a relative ghost town unless they add something like this or more indoor attraction/shows. So, based on what you’ve seen of the land, how would you feel about this as a land at IOA? I’d assume replacing either Lost Continent, or maybe some of the available Toon Lagoon area. I say that because.......

I want Zelda, soooooo bad. I think KFP looks nice but if it can only go in LC, then I choose Zelda 10 times out of 10. Without question. Now if KFP can takeover some of the TL area instead..... sounds great.

Now that leads us to JPRA. I do not beleive this is still here in a decade. No way. 5-6 years even seems like a lot to me. So, do you want JWA? Or, Jurassic World River Adventure makeover from Hollywood?

If KFP and Zelda come, that gives us a relaxing boat ride, and a thrilling boat ride. Do we want a 3rd boat ride? I’m not against it but I know the TL rides are popular. I do feel it’s inevitable that land gets re-done eventually, especially post Epic Universe. But back to Jurassic.... I think JWA from Beijing should come frankly. That looks like a stunning dark ride and the park could use another one. Add a goodbye from Owen at the end and the ending is better.

So if you can’t tell I went on a long walk this morning lol, but I could see these 3 lands/attractions be the future of my favorite park so, worthy of discussion! What do you want, and not want? All for fun discussion, nothing too serious here folks!

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Ahem.

So with the JWA out in Beijing, more discussion of Zelda lately, seeing some of KFP, feels appropriate to bring some discussion to this thread as all of these have been tied to IOA in some variation of rumors, ride permits, fan theories, etc.

KFP we have discussed for filling the need of an indoor area at this park, which it really needs as I do feel once Epic opens, on rainy days this park will be a relative ghost town unless they add something like this or more indoor attraction/shows. So, based on what you’ve seen of the land, how would you feel about this as a land at IOA? I’d assume replacing either Lost Continent, or maybe some of the available Toon Lagoon area. I say that because.......

I want Zelda, soooooo bad. I think KFP looks nice but if it can only go in LC, then I choose Zelda 10 times out of 10. Without question. Now if KFP can takeover some of the TL area instead..... sounds great.

Now that leads us to JPRA. I do not beleive this is still here in a decade. No way. 5-6 years even seems like a lot to me. So, do you want JWA? Or, Jurassic World River Adventure makeover from Hollywood?

If KFP and Zelda come, that gives us a relaxing boat ride, and a thrilling boat ride. Do we want a 3rd boat ride? I’m not against it but I know the TL rides are popular. I do feel it’s inevitable that land gets re-done eventually, especially post Epic Universe. But back to Jurassic.... I think JWA from Beijing should come frankly. That looks like a stunning dark ride and the park could use another one. Add a goodbye from Owen at the end and the ending is better.

So if you can’t tell I went on a long walk this morning lol, but I could see these 3 lands/attractions be the future of my favorite park so, worthy of discussion! What do you want, and not want? All for fun discussion, nothing too serious here folks!

My preferences, given your general parameters and just to play along:

1. Leave River Adventure alone! (Other than updating the animatronics). Build the JW ride in Epic Universe if it were to come to Orlando.
2. Zelda into Lost Continent (though I love Poseidon's Fury).
3. Put the KFP boat ride (just the ride, not the entire indoor land, even though it looks very nice) on the Toon Lagoon theater plot. It's a cartoon-based ride... involving water... I don't think that would break TL's theme too much.
4. Do any of this after adding 1 to 2 mostly-physical dark rides to Universal Studios Florida.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I want none of the Bejing attractions to come to Orlando or Hollywood, we should get *new* things with the same scope and quality.
I don’t disagree, I do feel Universal likes to clone things however so it’s more based on prior behavior. Orlando and Hollywood for awhile were switching off rides, now both will have SNW, so I’m not sure they will build totally new things. I’d love it but that feels more dream like to me. The new park will bring the totally “new” stuff.

I want none of the Bejing attractions to come to Orlando or Hollywood, we should get *new* things with the same scope and quality.
We're so programmed to think they will just clone concepts everywhere, but I agree

What works and is needed for IOA is not the same as what works over in Beijing or Japan

Obvious example would be Flying Dinosaur in Japan...I would much rather have Veloci than an actual quality flying coaster..

which is right down the road at SW anyway

Leave River Adventure alone! (Other than updating the animatronics). Build the JW ride in Epic Universe if it were to come to Orlando.
While I didn't like how JWTR turned out, Jurassic World is still part of the Jurassic Park franchise. They should just, however, keep the concept of Isla Aventura.

I agree mostly what others have said,

Suess Landing,

Update or upgrade the Cat in the Hat to maybe the Grinch who stole Christmas. I think it would be easy enough to do instead of the tent shape on the exterior have the mountain with the grinch and dog near the top. The ride can just tell the story of the Grinch. Or create a whole new ride because the Grinch is not represented in the park enough and he's the biggest character in the franchise. Update the other rides too in this area with newer animatronics.

Lost Continent,

Introduce a Zelda dark ride since I think IOA need more dark rides. Add a show

Toon area,

I would retheme the entire area to Sponge Bob. It has plenty of water rides and would fit the bill with addition with another dark ride of say Bikini Bottom. I feel that this area is very lack luster and most people do not know any of the characters. Everyone knows Sponge Bob.

Marvel,

Add an Avengers dark ride

JW/JP,

Just update the river adventure to the California version and call it day.

Potter,

Add more shows

Oh okay gotcha. I’m sure we’ve been over this before honestly haha
We have. I can’t find it, but I overlayed the KFP building on Toon Lagoon and it just works. They’d have to turn one entrance 90 degrees (Kong side), but it fits.

Although, frankly, just converting Toon Lagoon to KFP could work too. Make Dudley a retelling of the first movie (Legend of the Dragon Warrior), make Blutos a Furious Five “training session,” Wimpy’s becomes Ping’s, and The Olive is replaced with Master Oogway’s Play Garden. Add a flat across from the amphitheater (the balloon spinner) and put a martial arts stunt show in the amphitheater itself.

Boom.

Is there room for another dark ride in Seuss Landing? Or could they route guests from Seuss to Lost Continent area and use space there? I still think that's there biggest area for opportunity.