Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

^Well that's interesting. I'm a bit disappointed it wasn't for one of the areas mentioned earlier by us here. If that does turn out to be for a resort then I think it's at the wrong time to invest. There are too many other areas inside the park that need attention first, IMHO. A resort will be nice sure. However with all the plots with SBNO attractions, wouldn't it be better to get those together with something first to justify such a huge investment as a resort? Of course they could just be providing the land to a developer which would reduce costs from the company I suppose and still be able to do more attractions at the same time.

What is with parks that let close rides down only months/years later they sit and rot? Also, an RMC transformation of Gwazi would be a nice addition :D

Has anyone heard about this rumor? I’ve never heard of it until now and can’t see it happening

Has anyone heard about this rumor? I’ve never heard of it until now and can’t see it happening

I've seen it in various places. It was likely started back when they had it closed for maintenance and the area around had some work done as well. As we can see no building was built to enclose it since it has since been reopened. This doesn't mean one day they wouldn't. As far as concrete evidence? None I've seen.

^Well that's interesting. I'm a bit disappointed it wasn't for one of the areas mentioned earlier by us here. If that does turn out to be for a resort then I think it's at the wrong time to invest. There are too many other areas inside the park that need attention first, IMHO. A resort will be nice sure. However with all the plots with SBNO attractions, wouldn't it be better to get those together with something first to justify such a huge investment as a resort? Of course they could just be providing the land to a developer which would reduce costs from the company I suppose and still be able to do more attractions at the same time.
Agreed
Too many areas closed down to build a resort, they need a game changer giga, now that they have added two family coasters. Then a kick ass water ride.

Don't see BGT spending the money to build a show building around an existing coaster... although I guess they could then add some effects and rebrand it ala Kraken.

Still seems like a waste of money to throw at an already existing attraction. And simply a wild mouse, too.

Last edited:
What's the thought process behind it? Do they want an attraction that can continue to run in the rain unlike the rest of the park?

What's the thought process behind it? Do they want an attraction that can continue to run in the rain unlike the rest of the park?
That sounds like the only reason. Busch really does need more things to do during severe weather but this doesn’t sound like the best option

Personally, I would love to see Gwazi get knocked down and potentially an entire new land added when you consider the land that the coaster takes up and the land the concert yard takes up as well. I know this won't happen though due to how much money the festivals bring in for them in that concert yard.

That sounds like the only reason. Busch really does need more things to do during severe weather but this doesn’t sound like the best option
They could build an entire new attraction - something like The Curse of DarKastle or a more modern version of Europe in the Air (obviously themed towards Africa though, which could be really cool) for not much more than it would cost to enclose a coaster. A dark-ride is really lacking at BGT so anything like that would be very welcome.

I like the aggressiveness of the resort idea, but all of us can agree that both parks should be upgraded first and foremost.

Part of me is torn on what would be a better direction for them to head in. Do they go back to their old ways and design attractions like Falcon's Fury, or do they start going the Cobra's Curse route and build rides that have a story behind it?

So Busch is just adding their version of the Six Flags Dark Knight Coaster. Yippee.

Come on BGT...build us a Tampa equivalent to Escape From Pompee and another big boy Coaster to replace Gwazi...
Be patient it will come don't worry, I would guess a new coaster in 2020 or 2021 at this point now? Idrk what they're doing with those trees in the back though? Lets just get this coaster out of the way so they can move on to better things in the future. Maybe VR in 2019 on a coaster, that'd be cool!

Um...no VR (on a coaster).....thanks. I would prefer them open up a motion simulator with VR...like they are doing at BGW next year. VR and coasters just don't work well in reality. If they decide to do so however, since they seem to be enclosing Sand Serpent, put it on there. While I love the ride for nostalgia (it was my first Wild Mouse when it was at BGW), I could live with it on there since it's a clone I can ride at many other places. Otherwise, just say no to creating long lines/virtual waits for the sake of budget cuts to add something in an off year...