What's the mystery project/land clearing in the backlot? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

What's the mystery project/land clearing in the backlot?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’d rather see the British Ministry of Magic/Fantastic Beasts land that’s rumored to go to Epic Universe come to Hollywood instead of Diagon. The Ministry of Magic land is supposed to have a trackless dark ride attraction, so that’s something I’d love to see at USH.

Since we most likely won't get the Hogwarts Express train ride, it would be cool to get an new original ride to open with Gringott's. We've seen what they can do with a small space like on SLOP.

Reactions: JawsVictim
Since we most likely won't get the Hogwarts Express train ride, it would be cool to get an new original ride to open with Gringott's. We've seen what they can do with a small space like on SLOP.
It's admittedly why I'm actually on a more... realistic thought, and think that if Potter gets more at USH, odds are that we should expect something like potentially Potter VR more than Diagon or Hagrids. Potter VR can be something different for the Hollywood lineup, and would contrast differently than Mario Kart and it's AR tech.

I mentioned this at the Evolution Plan, but this was reported initally by that of the LA subsection of a website called Urbanize.

Is the employee campus for park team members or studio workers?

That remains unclear (I'd assume more closer to studio but I definitely don't rule out UC Hollywood moving into the campus), but they Urbanize does have some specifications about that, thanks to leaked information from one of the individuals responsible.
  • an 11-story, 331,000-square-foot office building;
  • an 84,000-square-foot employee center;
  • an eight-story, 1,265-car parking garage;
  • the addition of offices, food services, conference facilities, and screening rooms to existing buildings.
It's definitely a bigger "shock" to see a bit more of what I had anticipated, but I have to hope the parking garage is the answer to a TM parking structure for park employees.
___
Taking it back to Barham, an individual on the Theme Park Stop Discord mentioned something in particular about the footprint of the Barham project, in that it goes beyond the old Child Care center--but into the parking lot right next to the Property Department Warehouse (which suddenly explains a lot of what @Clive mentioned on This Just In). Assuming this project is eating into the hillside (and maybe Little Europe), this entire project has the potential to go over 10 acres. More than that of the Visionary Campus being built to the west side near Building 1440.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I mentioned this at the Evolution Plan, but this was reported initally by that of the LA subsection of a website called Urbanize.

That remains unclear (I'd assume more closer to studio but I definitely don't rule out UC Hollywood moving into the campus), but they Urbanize does have some specifications about that, thanks to leaked information from one of the individuals responsible.
  • an 11-story, 331,000-square-foot office building;
  • an 84,000-square-foot employee center;
  • an eight-story, 1,265-car parking garage;
  • the addition of offices, food services, conference facilities, and screening rooms to existing buildings.
It's definitely a bigger "shock" to see a bit more of what I had anticipated, but I have to hope the parking garage is the answer to a TM parking structure for park employees.
___
Taking it back to Barham, an individual on the Theme Park Stop Discord mentioned something in particular about the footprint of the Barham project, in that it goes beyond the old Child Care center--but into the parking lot right next to the Property Department Warehouse (which suddenly explains a lot of what @Clive mentioned on This Just In). Assuming this project is eating into the hillside (and maybe Little Europe), this entire project has the potential to go over 10 acres. More than that of the Visionary Campus being built to the west side near Building 1440.
I'd honestly be shocked if USH TM's are allowed anywhere near the garage.

I'm glad we are getting more space for more rides and lands. Hopefully we can get a few more rides in before the Olympic's come to town

I'd honestly be shocked if USH TM's are allowed anywhere near the garage.

Doesn't Universal Hollywood and Citywalk Hollywood's TM's have to share with that of the normal guests? I would think that they'd want to nip it in the bud similar to Orlando, atleast somewhere on Studio property.

Doesn't Universal Hollywood and Citywalk Hollywood's TM's have to share with that of the normal guests? I would think that they'd want to nip it in the bud similar to Orlando, atleast somewhere on Studio property.
It's only a 1250 capacity garage though. Even in Orlando, which has a garage with much larger capacity, they still use ground parking to capacity and both CityWalk and Volcano Bay TMs park out in CityWalk.

Maybe They will allow Lower Lot employees and select Upper Lot employees and keep the rest and CW TMs in the guest garage, but idk. This seems like a project built solely for the Studio so until it happens i'm skeptical. I mean, think about it, DHS has a 4 decker garage in the middle of the park and the only people that use that garage are the suits and thats not even a real studio anymore. I know, different companies, but just a bit of an example.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Just to clarify, the expansion mentioned in the Urbanize LA article and the construction over on the east end of the property (where the Superstore facade and the childcare center were) are not the same thing. The Urbanize LA Expansion is what's under construction adjacent to the Lankershim Hill, over by Frankenstein Parking.

Just to clarify, the expansion mentioned in the Urbanize LA article and the construction over on the east end of the property (where the Superstore facade and the childcare center were) are not the same thing. The Urbanize LA Expansion is what's under construction adjacent to the Lankershim Hill, over by Frankenstein Parking.

Could've sworn I emphasized Urbanize's as the Campus, and Barham as the unknown. Oh well,

I do wonder though how soon we'll hear of the plans for this. Didn't we get the Red Sea announcement before the IOC picked LA for 2028?

Could've sworn I emphasized Urbanize's as the Campus, and Barham as the unknown. Oh well,

I do wonder though how soon we'll hear of the plans for this. Didn't we get the Red Sea announcement before the IOC picked LA for 2028?
It wasn't targeted at anything specific, just a general "in case anyone was getting confused."

Yup! The Red Sea announcement came Summer 2016, right on the heels of Potter opening. To me, it felt like a way to drum up excitement for the next few years of theme park development. And then we got 2028 instead of '24 and their priorities shifted a little and they realized that filling in a source of water on a studio lot that's notorious for fires maybe isn't the best idea. In light of that, I'm not sure we'll get an announcement any time soon on that. Universal usually likes to play things close to their chest.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Just saw the announcement of that Voice stage area getting an employee campus. So are we certain that the land being cleared behind the Europe streets is for the theme park?