When I Was A Young Boy | Inside Universal Forums

When I Was A Young Boy

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 15, 2023
Hello everyone!

I told my parents when I was 4 that I was going to design theme parks when I grew up (thanks Rollercoaster Tycoon) but instead I started building haunted houses in my backyard and entered and inescapable emo phase. I've been surfing various forums for probably about 15 years, but I've always had terrible social anxiety about posting- so better late than never I suppose!

Mainly here for the haunt season discussion- been attending HHN Orlando since 2010 and Knott's Scary Farm / HHN Hollywood since 2017, and lurking for years before. I do love theme parks as well, and yes I still play Rollercoaster Tycoon frequently lol. When I graduated high school in 2013 I moved my entire life to Florida for close to a decade just so I could be close to HHN.

Hopefully here to make some new friends and break out of the walls I created for myself- I've never quite connected with anyone who cares about the haunt season as much as I do. I climbed the corporate ladder, and jumped off at the top because I didn't like what I saw, and I just got tired of sacrificing my passions for places and people who wouldn't notice if I was gone the next day. So I've shifted my energies to making a living and partaking in the hobbies I love (to the best that I currently can), and I hope that I can inspire people to make their lives a little bit better, too.

It's a pleasure to meet all of you, thank you for welcoming me to the forums!!!

Welcome!

What was your favorite Maze from the past few years of HHN in Hollywood?

Scarecrow and La Llarona have gotta be tied. Holidayz in Hell and all the Universal Monsters haunts (I missed 2021) all rivaled HHN Orlando IMO and are close behind. Last year was a big step-up in quality from my first Hollywood event, and I'm excited to add more to that list this year!

Reactions: Jerroddragon