Why does Universal always close at 9 or 10? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Why does Universal always close at 9 or 10?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You speak in fact so you probably know something that I don't--howeverrrrr if this was the case they could just as easily do fireworks at 7 (it would be dark *enough* by then to do them)...I just don't see Universal only cutting two hours from their busy season to their slow season....unless they opened at 11 or something, I would imagine that they would want to keep the park open as few hours as possible, since they just don't get many people around that time. Being open until 8 in October has been pretty unheard of for Universal, at least in the last few years.

I like how you act as if you know about everything in Uni (Guest Spending, Budgets, Projections, line lengths, wait times, etc), but somehow didn't know this? I have no clue what you do at Uni, but you seem to be very sure about a lot of things.

I like how you act as if you know about everything in Uni (Guest Spending, Budgets, Projections, line lengths, wait times, etc), but somehow didn't know this? I have no clue what you do at Uni, but you seem to be very sure about a lot of things.

For all you know I don't do anything at Uni...in fact I think it's a little off-putting that you're questioning my job? What I know and what I do are two separate things, and I would really prefer to have this conversation over PM if you are that curious. But this was a bit unnecessary.

EDIT: and I don't act like I know everything, but the field I am in makes it so that I know a lot about things such as what you mentioned above. I'm not bothered with day-to-day theme park operations, unless I'm in the park observing for myself on my days off. There's a lot I don't know, I'm definitely not an insider or anything like that, just a guy using his information, and what he knows from other people, and applying it to discussion. If that is a problem for you, well I'm sorry.

Last edited:
For all you know I don't do anything at Uni...in fact I think it's a little off-putting that you're questioning my job? What I know and what I do are two separate things, and I would really prefer to have this conversation over PM if you are that curious. But this was a bit unnecessary.

EDIT: and I don't act like I know everything, but the field I am in makes it so that I know a lot about things such as what you mentioned above. I'm not bothered with day-to-day theme park operations, unless I'm in the park observing for myself on my days off. There's a lot I don't know, I'm definitely not an insider or anything like that, just a guy using his information, and what he knows from other people, and applying it to discussion. If that is a problem for you, well I'm sorry.

Look I didn't mean to offend you and I also wasn't asking what you do. I was basically saying I don't know what you do and therefore don't know what knowledge you have. What I was getting at is you sometimes come across odd and the quote I used from you was showing that. In the post you said to someone you must know what you are saying, but then you went on to all the points as to why that would never happen. Just hit me the wrong way, because that person was right. But you acted as if there was no way Uni would do that even though the person sounded pretty solid in that statement and you even acknowledged that.

You get a lot of contradicting information on this board and unless that is your job to get those numbers, work on that project, or work on that ride, etc. No one knows for 100% that the information they are stating is accurate. HTF and other people on this board have all stated that in the past. People give wrong information out all the time and therefore you may be reporting on that wrong information, again, unless it is your job to report those numbers. So I was just getting at maybe you should soften up a little, because you come back at people with these "facts" that might not be 100% accurate or show the whole picture. I am not saying don't report what you know, I am saying maybe say it in a different tone. Because you have come across sometimes as Transformers is this huge fail from your perspective and I don't actually think you believe that. I think it is just the way some of your posts come across. Again, that is the disadvantage of the internet, tone comes across differently than the way you meant it because we have no body language or voice to help us along.

Much later hours would definitely make sense when Diagon Alley opens, given what happened when the 1st wizarding world opened. And with the Hogwarts Express that would apply to both parks of course.

Look I didn't mean to offend you and I also wasn't asking what you do. I was basically saying I don't know what you do and therefore don't know what knowledge you have. What I was getting at is you sometimes come across odd and the quote I used from you was showing that. In the post you said to someone you must know what you are saying, but then you went on to all the points as to why that would never happen. Just hit me the wrong way, because that person was right. But you acted as if there was no way Uni would do that even though the person sounded pretty solid in that statement and you even acknowledged that.

You get a lot of contradicting information on this board and unless that is your job to get those numbers, work on that project, or work on that ride, etc. No one knows for 100% that the information they are stating is accurate. HTF and other people on this board have all stated that in the past. People give wrong information out all the time and therefore you may be reporting on that wrong information, again, unless it is your job to report those numbers. So I was just getting at maybe you should soften up a little, because you come back at people with these "facts" that might not be 100% accurate or show the whole picture. I am not saying don't report what you know, I am saying maybe say it in a different tone. Because you have come across sometimes as Transformers is this huge fail from your perspective and I don't actually think you believe that. I think it is just the way some of your posts come across. Again, that is the disadvantage of the internet, tone comes across differently than the way you meant it because we have no body language or voice to help us along.

all good, no need to make anything a bigger deal than it is :cheers:

So the later M&Gs have already started. Random characters on random nights; definitely a casual trial of things.
The late parade should start on AUGUST 4th.

I've experienced USF after hours in the dark numerous times...then again, I only come for HHN, so that's why. I've only experienced IOA after dark one time, and it was magical. ALL theme parks--in my humble opinion--become magical after dark. The lights are on, the air is cool, the rides feel "faster" (they're not, but they sure feel like it)...there's just a magical atmosphere that comes alive at a theme park after dark. I'd love to experience USF after dark with extended hours during non-HHN season. I'll bet it's just magical with everything open and all the lights on.

Based off a comment made a while back, are these noise ordinances the reason why HHN hasn't returned to IOA? And do signs indicate it never will return to IOA? I ask this because every year I and countless other HHN attendees take the survey and answer the question of "What could we do in the future to make HHN even better?" Many people--at least, those I bump into--all write "Bring it back to IOA!!!" and yet they never do. Just curious.

Last edited:
I've experienced USF after hours in the dark numerous times...then again, I only come for HHN, so that's why. I've only experienced IOA after dark one time, and it was magical. ALL theme parks--in my humble opinion--become magical after dark. The lights are on, the air is cool, the rides feel "faster" (they're not, but they sure feel like it)...there's just a magical atmosphere that comes alive at a theme park after dark. I'd love to experience USF after dark with extended hours during non-HHN season. I'll bet it's just magical with everything open and all the lights on.

Based off a comment made a while back, are these noise ordinances the reason why HHN hasn't returned to IOA? And do signs indicate it never will return to IOA? I ask this because every year I and countless other HHN attendees take the survey and answer the question of "What could we do in the future to make HHN even better?" Many people--at least, those I bump into--all write "Bring it back to IOA!!!" and yet they never do. Just curious.

I don't think it returns to IOA because from what I've told, half of the park is practically useless for HHN because of licensing agreements. Seuss Landing can not be used as a scarezone and from what I've been told, JK Rowling has told Universal to keep it from the Wizarding World too. So that just leaves whatever is left of Lost Continent on that side of the park. Which is the side that faces USF so park to park access becomes a bit of a problem too.

IOA stays open late for events so I don't think noise ordinance puts HHN out of the question. One of the biggest issues with noise is Dragon Challenge which wouldn't be open anyway. JP, Marvel, and Lost are great locations for HHN but as you stated Potter cant be included. You could get around this however, by opening up the bypass bridge which goes between Lost and JP. I also think the pathways are a lot less wide at IOA so that plays some part. But so does the fact that they don't have a parade so they could put up scarezones easier over there.

IOA stays open late for events so I don't think noise ordinance puts HHN out of the question. One of the biggest issues with noise is Dragon Challenge which wouldn't be open anyway. JP, Marvel, and Lost are great locations for HHN but as you stated Potter cant be included. You could get around this however, by opening up the bypass bridge which goes between Lost and JP. I also think the pathways are a lot less wide at IOA so that plays some part. But so does the fact that they don't have a parade so they could put up scarezones easier over there.

They could totally use the bridge to connect Jurassic Park to Lost Continent, but the problem is that whole area has become pretty small post-Potter and the surrounding islands can not be used for HHN scarezones so having one small area with scarezones on that whole side of the park kind of becomes pointless.

Also, I wonder if Universal actually can use Marvel for HHN now since the Disney buyout. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Disney/Marvel would no longer allow it, even though it does have great potential and would allow more adult oriented characters like Punisher and Deadpool to see some action as well as the villains.

So, as much as I'd love to see HHN return to IOA...it just doesn't appear to be worth it for Universal.

I've gotten this question countless times from guests when working, most often during Mardi Gras. People just want to relax for a bit after the concerts are over instead of being instantly rushed out of the park. The second those concerts end, clean-up begins in the concert yard and lifts are out many times before all guests are even out of the park.

The parade will step off at 7 starting Sunday (technically today)...also of note UCS will be at 9, as will the park closing.

They could totally use the bridge to connect Jurassic Park to Lost Continent, but the problem is that whole area has become pretty small post-Potter and the surrounding islands can not be used for HHN scarezones so having one small area with scarezones on that whole side of the park kind of becomes pointless.

Also, I wonder if Universal actually can use Marvel for HHN now since the Disney buyout. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Disney/Marvel would no longer allow it, even though it does have great potential and would allow more adult oriented characters like Punisher and Deadpool to see some action as well as the villains.

So, as much as I'd love to see HHN return to IOA...it just doesn't appear to be worth it for Universal.

As well as the Seuss issues. Marvel is fair game as long as they don't use Marvel characters. One of the problems with IoA is the lack of venue space there anymore. A lot of the old house space has been repurposed for other reasons. Toon Amphitheater is still (from what I'm told) unable to be used for anything. It also doesn't help that UO doesn't want to pay to operate most of their USF attractions, let alone the staffing for BOTH parks.

The parade will step off at 7 starting Sunday (technically today)...also of note UCS will be at 9, as will the park closing.

IoA goes to 8PM next week!