Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 430 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SDR? I have never heard this term. Isnt this standard CPVC for sanitary sewer?

SDR stands for Standard Dimension Ratio. Down here in Palm Beach County SDR35 is the standard for gravity sewer up to certain depths. The 35 is in regards the wall thickness. We have some municipalities that require SDR26 which is a thicker "heavy wall" pipe and also required old or depths over a certain amount down. I don't see my CPVC on jobs done here but do get the call for it once in awhile. I know the fire protection guys will use an orange CPVC for some stuff

SDR stands for Standard Dimension Ratio. Down here in Palm Beach County SDR35 is the standard for gravity sewer up to certain depths. The 35 is in regards the wall thickness. We have some municipalities that require SDR26 which is a thicker "heavy wall" pipe and also required old or depths over a certain amount down. I don't see my CPVC on jobs done here but do get the call for it once in awhile. I know the fire protection guys will use an orange CPVC for some stuff

Isn't CPVC for potable water?

Isn't CPVC for potable water?

I think CPVC would be used more for hot water applications. I maybe wrong since I don't really do much with it. For water mains down here we use either ductile iron pipe or PVC C900 and a little bit of fusion type HDPE. For the services running off the mains its either S40 or S80 PVC or the rolls of polytubing. If Bob saw white pvc pipe sticking out of the ground that is what they are using for their water services. Im not really familiar with the specs up there but cant imagine its would be much different.

A few general site shots from yesterday . . .

WWoHP-040.jpg

WWoHP-041.jpg

The red post in the second picture is a post indicator. It sits on top of a post indicator valve and lets you see if the valve is open or shut thru a little glass window.

I'm still trying to figure out what they're forming up with the 4 plywood boxes

While I cannot be positive, I believe it could be the black angled area near top far right. Note that it is near parallel to the face of the show building. In the original water management plans... this same wall had rectangular boxes like this in a row.

measurement.png

See your discovered waterfront plans below to find same rect's top left of center.

potterfront.png

Ignore the doodles from another discussion.

Last edited:
While I cannot be positive, I believe it could be the black angled area near top far right. Note that it is near parallel to the face of the show building. In the original water management plans... this same wall had rectangular boxes like this in a row.

Ah, I can buy into that. And I could see them wanting to get the area near the waterfront done first so they push the walls back and build the park area.

It's really nice to see how the outer lagoon wall is so perfect, they're exactly the same as the walls you'll find along the thames.

Oh and eugh, those dragons photos just make me sad that they don't duel anymore :(

I happened on this picture that I created some time back and I am reposting it for the number of new members who have signed up since. No big deal, but the London wall should look something like this when it is completed.

lamped3.jpg

I happened on this picture that I created some time back and I am reposting it for the number of new members who have signed up since. No big deal, but the London wall should look something like this when it is completed.

lamped3.jpg

Not to mention look at how much progress has been made since you made this picture.

Not to mention the Apt's are now locked down during the daytime as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.