Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 563 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
TRACK SHIFT:

So, if you could see workshop construction photos of any prop, architectural or attraction element, what would it be? What item being created/tested would send you over the top? Many things have/are/will continue to be created...

This is to address a conversation Teebin and I were having over in the Secret Stash. I had thought that these 2 pics may be showing 2 different switch track sections, but upon closer inspection, I now believe that it is simply a revers angle of the same section of track. It is just that the curves in the track in the top pic appear more curved than those in the bottom pic so I was a little confused. So never mind.

Yep just different angles. The different curve is just an optical illusion, but it is right at the Mummy in both pics.

This is the halfway point between both stations, I did some checking on Google Earth when the WESH piece was first released and I remember it being just under like 300ft for the cross-over.

I went to IoA the November after it opened and it was pretty manageable. I think I waited 20 mins to ride FJ in the morning. Wait time by 3pm was 60 mins.

TRACK SHIFT:

So, if you could see workshop construction photos of any prop, architectural or attraction element, what would it be? What item being created/tested would send you over the top? Many things have/are/will continue to be created...

Coming from a non-Potter fan, Gringott's RV. I'm extremely excited for what may be the greatest attraction in the world, despite any adjectives being used to describe it right now.

TRACK SHIFT:

ibtw7wHUE8Z5OP.gif

It had been a while since I saw the Gringott's scene from the first movie. Below is the youtube link. It shows what we can expect to see when we first walk into Gringott's, as well as Harry going down to his vault. I think it would be cool if the ride ended with us pulling up to a vault, and we exit the train and enter the vault, which then connects us to the exit. Cannot wait to have more details about the ride!

[video=youtube;DwC6IFi6RuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwC6IFi6RuU[/video]

It had been a while since I saw the Gringott's scene from the first movie. Below is the youtube link. It shows what we can expect to see when we first walk into Gringott's, as well as Harry going down to his vault. I think it would be cool if the ride ended with us pulling up to a vault, and we exit the train and enter the vault, which then connects us to the exit. Cannot wait to have more details about the ride!

[video=youtube;DwC6IFi6RuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwC6IFi6RuU[/video]

Better yet, the vault is the gift shop. What do you think????

Coming from a non-Potter fan, Gringott's RV. I'm extremely excited for what may be the greatest attraction in the world, despite any adjectives being used to describe it right now.

Isn't there a chance we already got s glimpse in that leak over a year ago that had a sketch of them? Unless that was just an early version or alternate RV and they have changed since then

Isn't there a chance we already got s glimpse in that leak over a year ago that had a sketch of them? Unless that was just an early version or alternate RV and they have changed since then

I'm still skeptical over that for many reasons. But you're right. It's possible. There's just not much I know, expect that Gringotts will be amazeballs :lol:

TRACK SHIFT:

I'd actually like to see the special section of track that is being installed on this ride for a fun little angle

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still skeptical over that for many reasons. But you're right. It's possible. There's just not much I know, expect that Gringotts will be amazeballs :lol:

You never know, we may have seen the RV all along :lol: Me personally, I'm more interested in the track and layout and seeing how it all comes together

Coup says it is “very” difficult to keep a secret today, citing the “power of the Internet” and proliferation of digital cameras. But he asks fans to simply be respectful of the ongoing projects, taking a wait-and-see approach to enjoy the final results.

If he asked me personally to stop I would. Just throwing that out there Thiery...

As would I. The problem is I was never asked by anyone. :wave:

I've been lurking on here for quite some time, but now is a good time to make my first post.

Do you guys think there will be any appearance of "He who shall not be named" at Gringott's or somewhere else in London/Diagon Alley?

Do you guys think there will be any appearance of "He who shall not be named" at Gringott's or somewhere else in London/Diagon Alley?

I may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure it was said back around Phase 1 that J.K. Rowling vetoed using Voldemort, as it sets a certain time frame for when the land is or something like that.

I hate to bring up the "thrilling" vs. "family friendly" topic again, but I had a thought that I would bet is the solution to this mystery.

It's very possible that the ride will recreate the extreme coaster-type experience depicted in Deathly Hallows and still have the whole family be "able to enjoy." How? THE SCREENS!

We're almost certain there will be (3D?) screens. Why not have mild dips and banks on the actual track and then recreate the crazy stuff on the screens? That would stay true to the excitement expected without pushing up the height restrictions.

I'd rather save the physical sets and theming for the slower bits, anyhow. :drool:

I've been lurking on here for quite some time, but now is a good time to make my first post.

Voldemort was already there:
rowling_image.jpg

***picture from mugglenet.com (which took it from Behind the Thrills) of Florida Governor Rick Scott at Universal Orlando who does resemble the Dark Lord, in more ways than one :)

And let us remember that several of the Harry Potter cast filmed for a theme park attraction back in the fall/winter. Including Bellatrix LeStrange. Hmmmm

harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-gallery.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.