Wonders of Life Idea | Inside Universal Forums

Wonders of Life Idea

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 2, 2008
Orlando, FL
I did a general search for WoL threads and didn't find anything too exciting, so I'll do this:

I’ve been thinking about this for a while. The former Wonders of Life pavilion in EPCOT now sits as a vacant dome aside from a uses for special events every once in a while. This pavilion was once home to Body Wars, a motion simulator comparable to the earlier version of Star Tours, and pulled in a decent crowd during the peak seasons. It’s sad that all that remains is a vacant dome with a rope in front of it, marking it’s closure.

So the question now is, what to do with it? Future World West has been slowly improving throughout EPCOT’s lifespan, especially now with the updates going into Test Track. So let’s look at possible outcomes for this now defunct pavilion.

My idea: The Future of Life (name is subject to change)

Sure, lets consider this. I believe (don’t quote me on this) that the infrastructure for Body Wars still remains in that building. Why not instead of looking at how human life currently operates, why not theme the pavilion around the future of human existence? With that in mind, lets look at some concepts for attractions, shall we?

Many interactive attractions with new technologies already in place in the industry could be introduced here. Things like: how humans live in a low-gravity area. Think about a pair of arm covers you can slip into and try to pick up certain objects that are “floating around” while you wear 3D glasses.

For the C/B-ticket, a re-introduction of Body Wars with the newer Star Tours technology could be introduced so that you could be shrunk down to size and randomly given tasks of fighting different earth-bound and alien diseases. Think: the future of fighting illnesses. A new government agency is born and people are hired to shrink down to microscopic size to save dying humans by manually killing off their diseases. Every mission would be randomized for re-ride-ability. Cool, huh?

This idea is congruent with Future World’s message, wouldn’t cost an insane amount of money to put into place, and would definitely add to EPCOT’s lame attraction count.

I personally would really appreciate something like that, I think that it would be a really interesting way of teaching those concepts and could really add a lot to Epcot. If not that I know I could really appreciate a Wonders of the Universe pavilion. It's a shame that we've lost those E-Tickets let alone a whole pavilion.

I personally would really appreciate something like that, I think that it would be a really interesting way of teaching those concepts and could really add a lot to Epcot. If not that I know I could really appreciate a Wonders of the Universe pavilion. It's a shame that we've lost those E-Tickets let alone a whole pavilion.

Wonders of the Universe is something I didn't even think about. The concept alone could produce a heck of an E-ticket.

Wonders of the Universe is something I didn't even think about. The concept alone could produce a heck of an E-ticket.

I think it's definitely a niche that can be appealed too. Across this nation there are Planetariums trying to relay these concepts on a less grand scale. I think Disney could knock it out of the park.

I'd love either though. I'd love to see that Pavilion used for more than Food and Wine and Flower and Garden.

Make it akin to the lab center in Gattaca, and I'm pretty sure you've got yourself a blockbuster refurbishment! I love the idea of being shrunken down to fight off bacteria as an attraction as well. The queue for that can get really artistic. Can I use this idea to draw up some sketches? :)

Make it akin to the lab center in Gattaca, and I'm pretty sure you've got yourself a blockbuster refurbishment! I love the idea of being shrunken down to fight off bacteria as an attraction as well. The queue for that can get really artistic. Can I use this idea to draw up some sketches? :)

Body Wars was the name of the original attraction and the concept was pretty much the same. I just took the idea and ran with it. Feel free to do whatever you want with it. My post was simply blue sky. :ears:

I think it's definitely a niche that can be appealed too. Across this nation there are Planetariums trying to relay these concepts on a less grand scale. I think Disney could knock it out of the park.

I'd love either though. I'd love to see that Pavilion used for more than Food and Wine and Flower and Garden.

I completely agree. Think Space Mountain but an entire pavilion with a much better coaster.

Personally I'd love to see anything put in the pavilion at this point. But I do loves Jake's Wonders of the Universe idea. And I think it'd be an easier sell in today's culture than a Wonders of Life Pavilion unfortunately.

The WoL building needs to be torn down. It is such a dated Star Wars 1977 design. There are a few buildings in FW that have a very dated appearance like this. The above concepts sound plausible for a new building/attraction.

I love your wishful thinking. But I feel like Epcot has so lost touch with it's original concept and theme that we'd be more likely to see a Carsland plopped down there.

The WoL building needs to be torn down. It is such a dated Star Wars 1977 design. There are a few buildings in FW that have a very dated appearance like this. The above concepts sound plausible for a new building/attraction.

The outside of the building is fine. It's the inside that really needs a break from that heavy "late 80's/early 90's" look.

I love your wishful thinking. But I feel like Epcot has so lost touch with it's original concept and theme that we'd be more likely to see a Carsland plopped down there.

I'm actually very happy that GM jumped on Test Track before Pixar did. :lol:

The whole pavillion needs to be torn down, and re built from the ground up, and whatever new attraction goes here, it would have to be at a nod to the previous one like they did with MS and TT.

Something involving health, anatomy, and just overall body functions would work best.

I KNOW! Birds and the Bees presented by Trojan! (since everything in Epcot needs a sponser) :pound:

But in all honestly, I think a Body Wars attraction to the next level would be best, especially if they want to save money which Disney LOOOVES to do, they can just re-puporse the current simulators which I'm sure is still there and just collecting dust.

But in all honestly, I think a Body Wars attraction to the next level would be best, especially if they want to save money which Disney LOOOVES to do, they can just re-puporse the current simulators which I'm sure is still there and just collecting dust.

Exactly. Re-work the inside of the pavilion and upgrade the simulators like they did with Star Tours. Exciting upgrade with minimal costs.

But they definitely have to tear down the main building and build from the ground up, since Body Wars is housed in an adjacent building, they could leave that there, demo the rest of the building and build something more unique and interactive.

I think they should gut the building and fill it full of "scratch and dent" and "overstocked" merchandise. Call it something like "WDW Character Outlet".