Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape? | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would have gladly taken Stitch invading the Tiki Room.

Maybe they'll go that route with the live-action movie.

If you go back in time to experience it, make sure it’s the first version. The effects like the exploding teleport tube were way more intense in the beginning. You really thought you were being showered with tiny shards of broken glass.

Experiencing the first version of Alien Encounter as a kid turned me into the traumatized man I am today.

The rumor that won't die is back again...

RUMOR: Every Guest Will Have a Game Controller in NEW Wreck-It Ralph Attraction at the Magic Kingdom - WDW News Today

The gist?

- Still theater-in-the-round.
- Some element of interactivity.
- Screens (I don't know how they make that work in-the-round, but that's the rumor).
- Not coming until 2022.

Needless to say, I don't like the sound of much of that! I don't think RALPH really belongs in Tomorrowland (unless the "story" of the ride is testing some kind of future gaming system), I have no interest in screens taking over what has been a space for showstopping AA work, and I don't think such an attraction should require 3 years to get open.

Over on Magic, @Marni1971 reported that he hadn't heard anything about this, so that gives me a little hope.

Reactions: tankart150 and Joel
The rumor that won't die is back again...

RUMOR: Every Guest Will Have a Game Controller in NEW Wreck-It Ralph Attraction at the Magic Kingdom - WDW News Today

The gist?

- Still theater-in-the-round.
- Some element of interactivity.
- Screens (I don't know how they make that work in-the-round, but that's the rumor).
- Not coming until 2022.

Needless to say, I don't like the sound of much of that! I don't think RALPH belongs in Tomorrowland (unless the "story" of the ride is testing some kind of future gaming system), I have no interest in screens taking over what has been a space for showstopping AA work, and I don't think such an attraction should require 3 years to get open.

Over on Magic, @Marni1971 reported that he hadn't heard anything about this, so that gives me a little hope.

If Martin hasn’t heard of it maybe it’s a honey pot?

Needless to say, I don't like the sound of much of that! I don't think RALPH really belongs in Tomorrowland (unless the "story" of the ride is testing some kind of future gaming system), I have no interest in screens taking over what has been a space for showstopping AA work, and I don't think such an attraction should require 3 years to get open.
TBF - Before that space was Alien Encounter, it was Journey to the Moon/Journey to Mars.

Which were screen-based attractions.

i see a Ralph attraction coming but it wont be vr. But more like a smaller version of the wrap around screen.Also i predict there will be 8 cars per room 3 rooms and each car will sit 2.This is just a prediction though.

• Wow
Reactions: tankart150
i see a Ralph attraction coming but it wont be vr. But more like a smaller version of the wrap around screen.Also i predict there will be 8 cars per room 3 rooms and each car will sit 2.This is just a prediction though.

Could be.

I'm still skeptical on WIR belonging in Tomorrowland in any fashion, but I'll take almost anything that can be classified as an "attraction" over just letting the spot sit vacant.

Reactions: tankart150
So it’s been nearly two years since the last update. Hmmm. Sounds like this project is under indefinite limbo, huh?

Well, if I may do a little armchair imagineeing here, I think the best possible use of space would be a small but packed omnimover ride like SLoP. Yeah, I know, the park is already has three omnimovers, but what else would they put in that space besides another Stitch/AE overlay or another simulator?

So it’s been nearly two years since the last update. Hmmm. Sounds like this project is under indefinite limbo, huh?

Well, if I may do a little armchair imagineeing here, I think the best possible use of space would be a small but packed omnimover ride like SLoP. Yeah, I know, the park is already has three omnimovers, but what else would they put in that space besides another Stitch/AE overlay or another simulator?

I'd love a dark ride, but I really can't imagine there being enough space for one. So I assume -- IF something eventually comes to that spot -- it will be a similar logistical set-up to what's been in there already.

I mean, if we're talking about "need," what the park most needs is probably that cancelled Main Street Theater with a good show that pulls in thousands of people every hour.

Nothing on that scale is going into the Stitch spot (nor, as I said, is a dark ride).

And also, once TRON opens, MK's two most recent attractions will be coasters.