Your Favorite Restaurants at Citywalk | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Your Favorite Restaurants at Citywalk

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In my many, many trips to Universal I have never ate in City Walk.

I have ate at Planet Hollywood twice.

Just not into overpriced theme restaurants. The Planet Hollywood meals were when it was the big thing in Orlando which was a while back.

In my many, many trips to Universal I have never ate in City Walk.

I have ate at Planet Hollywood twice.

Just not into overpriced theme restaurants. The Planet Hollywood meals were when it was the big thing in Orlando which was a while back.
They aren't overpriced. Margaritaville cost my family around 55 dollars when we grub up there and that is a family of 5.

I definitely don't consider Margaritaville overpriced. You get a decent amount of food and its really good.

Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe, however, are definitely overpriced because the food is just, meh.

my brother his wife and 2 others went there bill was almost 70 dollars so $55.00 for 5 is darn good.

Well I will give it a try and see next time I am there, since it is reasonable price. I normally eat out of the park, at places I don;t have around me.

did you guys just eat appetizers and have water? cause wow...thats pretty good. I mean even 10 bucks a meal is usually pretty good!
No my sister usually gets Cheeseburger in Paradise, me and my mom half volcano nachos, my dad usually get Cheeseburger and Beer, and brother w/e

we just went there last weekend, two kids, wife and I both go the cheeseburgers, had three beers each and with tip our bill was $60. I think Margaritaville is actually one of the best priced theme ones out there.

Hi all, first post on here. Most of you already know me from the Vault.

My favorite restaurant at CityWalk is, without a doubt, Pastamore. Emeril's is great for a fine dining experience. I have found that all the restaurants at CityWalk are good, you really can't go wrong wherever you eat, although I have not been to NBA.

Planet Hollywood sucks, ate their once on business, I was on a tour of off-site hotels, and it was dreadful, and free. Never went back. The chocolate cake tasted like onions and garlic.

Welcome to the forum! I was just reading one of your posts on hhnvault.
I've never tried Pastamore, or Emerils. I assume it's some-what like the dining on the cruises I take.

I don't really like Pastamore, it just doesen't taste like the great Italian I'm used to. I had reservations for Emeril's but cancelled and went to Mythos instead (thank God). On the outside menu, a vegetable medley was like $24, I was like wtf?

Emeril's is fantastic, much better than Mythos or any cruise I have ever been on. And I enjoy getting a Shrimp Po'Boy and a Hurricane at Pat O'Brian's. Its nothing really special but it reminds me of going to the original. A N'Awlins good time. They also have the best Biegnets in town. Bubba Gump's is OK. As is Margaritaville, even though I perfer the one at Myrtle Beach.
I don't really care for NBA or NASCAR. But that is because of the theme, but I haven't eaten at either so I can't comment on the food. I haven't eaten at the Hard Rock since it was in the old location over behind KidsZone. But that's because there are Hard Rocks everywhere. I like them but there are more unique things to try at Citywalk.
Haven't tried Pastamore, Latin Quarter, or Bob Marley's.
So to recap, I LOVE Emeril's. I like Pat O'Brian's, Margaritaville, Bubba Gumps, and The Hard Rock, And haven't tried the rest.

I have yet to eat anywhere in CityWalk yet. But alot of the places look very cool. They have beignets at that one place dyates??
Oh nothing beats the ones at Cafe du Monde... I thought I died and gone to heaven when I went there. :yum:

I have yet to eat anywhere in CityWalk yet. But alot of the places look very cool. They have beignets at that one place dyates??
Oh nothing beats the ones at Cafe du Monde... I thought I died and gone to heaven when I went there. :yum:

Yep, traditional beignets, served very hot in a paper bag filled with powder sugar. They weren't square, but taste fantastic. I really go to Pat O'Brian's just for the Hurricanes (invented by Pat O'Brian himself) and biegnets. But the Shrimp Po'Boys and Dueling Piano Players are a plus.
I was in Orlando 2 weeks ago for a job interview, and went over to CityWalk just to go to Pat O'Brian's. I like that they have free parking after 6PM. Makes it easy to pop over for dinner.

Last edited:
I'm now in the middle of which restaurant I favor more. I'm torn between Hard Rock and NASCAR Sports Grille. The Sports Grille is good in terms of food. As far as detail and theming, Hard Rock FTW.

Margaritaville is where I stop for a meal & drink before HHN starts!
I love it there, reminds me of the one in Bahamas I went to.