Your Ideal or Dream USH | Inside Universal Forums

Your Ideal or Dream USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Allen The Actor

Allen The Actor
Jan 10, 2013
Hill Valley, California
Let's play a game! List or dream up your ideal version of USH! Chris posted his ideal USH park map before!

It can either be based in reality and off of the current USH and what you'd like future expansion to look like after Potter, or it can be a totally dreamed up USH and you can include past, present, and future attractions in one park, or even made up rides/concepts.

RULES:

Let's be at least somewhat realistic. Have fun and dream big, but be at least a bit mindful of USH's space constraints and layout. (Example: don't say you'd put a Gringotts Coaster in place of Shrek). Like I said, at least TRY.

Also, try to keep your ideas within the current boundaries of the park to make it more realistic, but feel free to expand JUST a bit into surrounding areas if you must (Example: soundstages around the lower lot, Falls Lake)

I'll be posting my idea shortly!

I think the park needs more dark rides. One way to add a bunch of them in such a small park is to build a multi-level building. Then put a dark ride on each level.

Pretty much this:

ZnVIkPm.jpg

I always liked the USJ BTTF building the best =)

Reactions: Alexshow.
Kind of difficult to imagine, but I'd definitely replace House of Horrors with a smaller Special Effect Show. Something should take the place of the Castle Theater - preferably anything but a 3D motion simulator.

Lower Lot can stay as is and I don't have many quibbles about the Upper Lot. Shrek is a given, but I'm not sure what could go in its place.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Dang I was thinking I could go all crazy and completely obliterate the front lot and start adding attractions.  :p

Realistically though, my dream USH would be:

-Replace House of Horrors with a dark ride of some sorts based on Coraline

-Turn Shrek 4D into a live theater again... not sure what the show would be but preferably NOT a cheesy musical thingy again.

-Expanded Jurassic Park Discovery Center that kids can roam around in instead of Dino Play. This would only require a slight rerouting of trams and backstage traffic if done right.

-Total rehaul of Jurassic Park River Adventure to make it more up-to-date. (but not changing the scenes of course... don't kill me, Adri!  ;) )

-No more Mummy. I don't care WHAT you put in there, but get rid of that ride.

The last one is crazy... I know. But this one is in my ideal vision. Instead of relegating it to the VIP Tour, the regular Tram Tour stops for a visit inside the Edith Head prop department building. Two different groups from two tram cars are taken inside for a 20-minute tour. Not only would this be awesome, but it would certainly up the worth of admission for a lot of people.

Here i go.

- Replace Shrek 4-D with 2 Level NBC Universal Exprience with more props and more cars

- Replace HOH and Blues Brothers with a dark ride themed to classic Universal monsters

- Fully redone Jurassic park on animatronics making them smoother and more faster. (Changing the water effect to what orlandos is with the huge gyser. Don't kill me about that Adri aswell.)

- Redoing Mummy from ground up with a much larger darkcoaster and remaking the outdoor line to a indoor line.

- Studio tour gets BTTF tour portion ( Mix between Practical & CGI )

- Lights Camera Magic Hosted by Steven Speilberg. (Located at the 2 CSI Soundstages).

The only things I'd really want is a revamped Mummy (keeping everything up until the speed-up and revamping everything after it), revamped Jurassic Park, a replacement for Shrek (not sure what of), better projection for Simpsons and keep Waterworld forever and ever. *is the only person on the planet that likes the movie*

Oh and bring back animatronic Kong. Matter of fact, throw lots more animatronics into the park and make sure they don't DIE. I'm looking at you parasaurolophus.

Or maybe I should just get a DeLorean and go back to the 90's. You guys can come with me and I'll just drop you off before Simpsons started existing. :p

On a sidenote, you guys have totally changed my views on The Simpsons Ride since I joined this forum. It used to be the first ride I went on upon arriving at the park and you'd find me in line for it over and over until closing. And now it's like SIMPSONS. PSSHHH. Save it for last!

I used to only ever wear a vintage Krusty shirt to the park. Now I love to rep my other favorite Universal titles in t-shirt form. If you see someone walking around in a Sergeant Munch from Law & Order or an Imhotep shirt then HI that's probably me. Haha.

You guys have given me such an appreciation for the other rides/shows that I usually passed by. And a greater appreciation for Universal Studios in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only things I'd really want is a revamped Mummy (keeping everything up until the speed-up and revamping everything after it), revamped Jurassic Park, a replacement for Shrek (not sure what of), better projection for Simpsons and keep Waterworld forever and ever. *is the only person on the planet that likes the movie*

Oh and bring back animatronic Kong. Matter of fact, throw lots more animatronics into the park and make sure they don't DIE. I'm looking at you parasaurolophus.

Or maybe I should just get a DeLorean and go back to the 90's. You guys can come with me and I'll just drop you off before Simpsons started existing. :p

On a sidenote, you guys have totally changed my views on The Simpsons Ride since I joined this forum. It used to be the first ride I went on upon arriving at the park and you'd find me in line for it over and over until closing. And now it's like SIMPSONS. PSSHHH. Save it for last!

I used to only ever wear a vintage Krusty shirt to the park. Now I love to rep my other favorite Universal titles in t-shirt form. If you see someone walking around in a Sergeant Munch from Law & Order or an Imhotep shirt then HI that's probably me. Haha.

You guys have given me such an appreciation for the other rides/shows that I usually passed by. And a greater appreciation for Universal Studios in general.
If I ever see you in the Munch shirt, be prepared for me to probably try to tear it from your body because I am in love with that character (I have the Munchies, as it were). I'll lend you my JP sweatshirt in its place! =D

All seriousness, I'm so glad to hear that, That's the kind of thing I always wanted when I started working with the site - I wanted to share my fangirl devotion with others and it's so good to hear that other people have a passion for the park too.

It's interesting that you mention that. I think we're all attached to certain rides and shows and we all definitely subscribe to a certain perspective.

I know when I peer through my phone, I'm met with countless photos of the Studio Tour, WaterWorld...and not much else. I haven't done Revenge of the Mummy in ages and I usually can get by without riding Transformers on any given day. It's good that we're faced with different interests, and I'm glad we're all focused on different aspects of the park.

After all, it'd be a pretty boring site if we're all into the same things.

If I ever see you in the Munch shirt, be prepared for me to probably try to tear it from your body because I am in love with that character (I have the Munchies, as it were). I'll lend you my JP sweatshirt in its place! =D

All seriousness, I'm so glad to hear that, That's the kind of thing I always wanted when I started working with the site - I wanted to share my fangirl devotion with others and it's so good to hear that other people have a passion for the park too.
Better yet I'll bring you a Munch shirt and we can have the Munchies together. ;D Haha, I love Munch so much. My mom gets frustrated when we're watching SVU because I don't shut up about him. Hahaha. "What's wrong with just having a crush on Stabler like everyone else!?"- my mother

I'm really got glad I got past my WAH PEOPLE DON'T LIKE WHAT I LIKE paranoia and joined the forums, because I've learned to realize that's what makes the community great. It doesn't matter if you do or don't like certain aspects of the park, the main reason we're all here is because we love Universal and we've stuck around no matter what they put into the park.

On a less sentimental note, and relevant to the actual topic, I'd like to see SES and HOH get replaced by something actually interesting. The only thing I like about SES is getting to see Imhotep's beautiful face on a gigantic screen and that tiny behind the scenes with the Sphinx prop. But that's just because I'm horribly biased.

Keeping in mind USH's limitations, here's what I would like to see:

-A Universal Monsters omnimover dark ride replacing House of Horrors, combining the HoH building and the Globe theater behind it. The front would extend out to where Blues Brothers is and the photo shop. It would be a dark, Gothic castle facade.

-Shrek would be replaced by our version of Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rock-it. Like I mentioned in the ride ideas thread, it would essentially be the Hulk-like trains and it would go from Shrek, past WaterWorld, through CityWalk and back. There would be scream shields on the restraints and sand in the supports to keep the noise level to a minimum. It would be a nuisance for the guests, but whatever it takes to get our descent coaster. There would be at least one immelmann loop, a barrel roll, and also three floater or ejector airtime hills.  

-WaterWorld would be replaced by a Terminator roller coaster. This would essentially be our version of the Gringotts ride.

-Like what we are already getting, there would be a Springfield, Despicable Me, and Harry Potter of course. Why wouldn't I want that? :) Simpsons would get a new film to where your experience is randomized like Star Tours. there would also be a brighter projection system.

-Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue would take the place of Animal Actors. There would be a Snow White and the Huntsman show in the castle theater (On the scale of Connan).

-Studio Tour would move to the lower lot as replacement sound stages would be built on the backlot. This would make room for Lord of the Rings Land where the Studio Tour currently is. There would be a Pirates of the Caribbean-style ride called, "Voyage to Middle Earth". It would be an E-ticket boat ride that would feature the facade of the city of Rivenwell; you would descend on your voyage to Mount Doom from there. There would also be he two towers where there would be an indoor "Doctor Doom's Fear Fall" kind of ride. It would be very similar to this ride in Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NHOZCy2-7Aw?feature=oembed It would be themed to the duel Gandoff has from the Two Towers film.
-Lower lot, Jurassic Park would be completely redone for the new film, Transformers would get a new facade, the Studio Tour would be relocated down there, and the Mummy would get a taller show building that would also extend out slightly to where the Mummy venue is. It would be on the scare of Florida's version, but with the longer backwards portion. It would also have tighter turns and more airtime hills.

-For the lower lot, again, more sound stages would be replaced somewhere on the backlot. Stage 28 would become the expanded Universal Experience with the Phantom sets. It would be the greatest museum in Hollywood. :)

-E.T. Adventure Reborn would take the place of the sound stages right in front of JP. This would be a nice family ride since the lower lot doesn't have any.

-Ghostbusters: Ghost Hunt, an E-Ticket trackless interactive dark ride using similar tech to Empire of the Penguin in SW Orlando, would also take the places of a few sound stages. The area in front of ET and GB would be redressed to look a bit like NY City. There would be an eatery and a gift ship added. The Transformers queue would be moved to allow room for foot traffic.

-Now that the theme park already kicks a lot of tail, lemme get to the backlot tour. There would be a Fast and Furious animation on the Studio Tour added where the Mummy tunnel is. There would also be a Jurassic Park attraction on the backlot. It would involve an animatornic T-rex attacking your bridge, causing it to drop and sway. While your tram tries to escape, you would encounter some raptors and spitters.

-After that, there would be some smaller enhancements. A missile attack where the Red Seas are and maybe a mini stunt show in Six Points Texas.

So there you go. Here's my line-up for my own USH:

UPPER LOT:

-Universal's House of Horrors Ride

-Terminator: Escape from Cyberdyne

-Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem

-Super Silly Spinner/Funland

-Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue

-Snow White and the Huntsman Action Spectaular

-The Simpsons Ride

-Hollywood Dream Coaster (Name changed to avoid the bad reputation)

-Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

-Flight of the Hippogriff

-Voyage to Middle Earth

-Battle of the Two Towers drop ride

LOWER LOT

-Revenge of the Mummy: Resurrection

-Jurassic World: River Adventure

-Transformers: The Ride 3D

-E.T. Adventure: Reborn

-Ghostbusters: Ghost Hunt

-The Universal Experience in 28

-The Universal Studios Tour

Honest to God, I would love to see a ride similar to Indiana Jones at Universal. If there's one thing that's lacking in this park, it's a state-of-the-art ride built upon practical effects. I like Forbidden Journey, but nothing beats going through expansive rooms. Heck, even a ride similar to Singapore's Madagascar: A Crate Adventure would suffice. Anything but screens.

Perhaps such a project like Indiana could fit in soundstage 12 if they manage to pull off an elevator system like Transformers, but I'm guessing that's wishful thinking at best.

Come to think of it, I just want something different. Disney excels because they offer dramatically different experiences in one park. The same used to be said of Universal until their recent move to motion simulators.

Honest to God, I would love to see a ride similar to Indiana Jones at Universal. If there's one thing that's lacking in this park, it's a state-of-the-art ride built upon practical effects. I like Forbidden Journey, but nothing beats going through expansive rooms. Heck, even a ride similar to Singapore's Madagascar: A Crate Adventure would suffice. Anything but screens.

Perhaps such a project like Indiana could fit in soundstage 12 if they manage to pull off an elevator system like Transformers, but I'm guessing that's wishful thinking at best.

Come to think of it, I just want something different. Disney excels because they offer dramatically different experiences in one park. The same used to be said of Universal until their recent move to motion simulators.
I know.. a ride like Indiana Jones would be awesome... I have heard the Gringotts probably is more of a dark ride than a roller coaster... but lets wait and see

Amen! That's why to this day Indiana Jones is my favorite ride. And I'm sure it'll be my favorite ride even after Forbidden Journey. Because as thrilling as rides like Transformers and FJ are, nothing beats massive REAL sets that are right in front of you! You hit the nail on the head on everything you said. Disney is good at variety and giant sets and offering experiences for the whole family (although they've kinda stopped advancing in ride technologies), and Universal has been good at creating new types of rides. But yeah, USH really does need a physical dark ride that doesn't rely on screens. Doesn't even have to be as advanced as Indy, just give me a ride like ET or Madagascar, and I'll be a happy camper :)

And Jurassic Park, if you count that. Earthquake and Jurassic Park.

I hope Universal realizes that there are many regular people who don't like USH because "it's all screens and moving seats". We as mega fans aren't the only ones tired of simulators, especially at USH, and I hope USH management realizes that.

But with the rumored new F&F, it'll be yet another projection based attraction.