Avatar in Disneyland | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting to point out in the video I watched discussing DisneylandForward around the 19 minute mark:

Ken Potrock, President of Disneyland, has said that "Avatar is at the top of our priorities." Interesting.

Way of water is the third highest grossing film of all time and with three sequels lined up so of course they want to strike while the iron is hot. Hopefully a location and timeline is provided at D23.

However there was a rumor out of Disneyland Paris claiming a version of Pandora is coming to WDSP in 2030. I am going to guess DLR's would probably open around the same time.

Reactions: saint.piss

I am going to guess that like how they announced Galaxies Edge, at D23 2024 they will announce the land with an overview piece of concept art along with the official location(likely DCA) then at D23 2026 when the infrastructure prep for DL forward is much further along, then they will announce where in DCA its going with more concept art and details on the experiences in the land.

D23....they better come out swinging

So we just know the basic plan....If we get Avatar land location, another land in DCA and the new land coming to Disneyland then great

D23....they better come out swinging

So we just know the basic plan....If we get Avatar land location, another land in DCA and the new land coming to Disneyland then great
My specific guesses for D23 as far as DLR announcements are concerned will be a land to replace Hollywoodland, The Avengers E ticket will be confirmed along with concrete details for the attraction, details on the Eastern gateway, the park entry point for DL and DCA will be remodeled, and finally Avatar will be confirmed for DCA with more details to come on that at D23 2026.

While I still think D23 2024 will be more slanted for WDW in terms of announcements because of all the rumors coming out for new and rumored additions for MK, DHS, and AK, D23 2026 will undoubtedly be much more DLR heavy because the prep work for DL Forward will be much further along and as a result Disney will feel like they can reveal more of the future plans for DLR.

Disney has already been working on DLR expansion (it was pretty obvious DLF was going to get approved), I'd imagine the finalized version of the Eastern Gateway is shown off along with details on Pandora. I also believe the Cosmic Rewind system will find a way over to Avengers somehow. I know everyone wants a dark ride, but DCA needs another big high-capacity coaster.

Reactions: Freak
Disney has already been working on DLR expansion (it was pretty obvious DLF was going to get approved), I'd imagine the finalized version of the Eastern Gateway is shown off along with details on Pandora. I also believe the Cosmic Rewind system will find a way over to Avengers somehow. I know everyone wants a dark ride, but DCA needs another big high-capacity coaster.
I think Fantasy Springs’ Peter Pan ride system was the latest rumor for Avengers E-Ticket.

I think Fantasy Springs’ Peter Pan ride system was the latest rumor for Avengers E-Ticket.
Yeah, but I feel like a DLR executive rode Cosmic Rewind after riding and said "screw it, let's build this instead" :lmao:

This Avengers ride (and the other iterations) have been in development hell for so long, that something proven would be easier to get built lol

Yeah, but I feel like a DLR executive rode Cosmic Rewind after riding and said "screw it, let's build this instead" :lmao:

This Avengers ride (and the other iterations) have been in development hell for so long, that something proven would be easier to get built lol
People want more Thrills and an Avengers ride

I'll take either but Cosmic Rewind to me would not be a bad thing

I 100% agree with this. DCA really, really needs a high-capacity, highly-themed family coaster. While it could use a high-end dark ride, I think a family thrill coaster is really what DCA needs. Right now the park has IncrediCoaster, which goes upside down, and then an off-the-shelf wild mouse. There's gotta be something in-between.

Heck even a clone of the Spiderman coaster Shanghai is getting would be great. I know that won't happen, but it would be nice.

I 100% agree with this. DCA really, really needs a high-capacity, highly-themed family coaster. While it could use a high-end dark ride, I think a family thrill coaster is really what DCA needs. Right now the park has IncrediCoaster, which goes upside down, and then an off-the-shelf wild mouse. There's gotta be something in-between.

Heck even a clone of the Spiderman coaster Shanghai is getting would be great. I know that won't happen, but it would be nice.
I'm all for dark rides, but I question how serious Disney is building an Avengers dark ride that makes sense 4-5 years from now when construction wraps up lol

A coaster is very easy to understand and GOTG:CR has proven to be a tremendous hit. If Pandora is getting the POTC-Shanghai tech, dark ride itch is covered there.

Reactions: Freak
I'm all for dark rides, but I question how serious Disney is building an Avengers dark ride that makes sense 4-5 years from now when construction wraps up lol

A coaster is very easy to understand and GOTG:CR has proven to be a tremendous hit. If Pandora is getting the POTC-Shanghai tech, dark ride itch is covered there.
Plus whatever replaces Hollywoodland could possibly get a MMRR trackless style ride as well. DCA need a trackless ride badly.

It appears one reason for going with the TDS Pan system is due to space. According to Alicia it appears something like Cosmic Rewind would not fit back there.

I do however think it's entirely possible however is that a future land in the DCA DL Forward plot could indeed get something on par with Cosmic Rewind however.

It appears one reason for going with the TDS Pan system is due to space. According to Alicia it appears something like Cosmic Rewind would not fit back there.
Cosmic Rewind's main showbuilding can fit there quite easily, along with additional space left for queue/station. They would need to figure out a different layout for the launch though, but certainly doable.

lol

Who cares if its trackless. I just want a good ride

Whatever system they can make a great Avatar Ride in, I'm game. Trackless rides are cool but also have some HUGE faults

But I would not be upset either way as long as its a good attraction and maybe finally can spread the crowds out more...Carsland has been around for over 12 years and still its ride gets the longest lines.

Reactions: Jamesh22
lol

Who cares if its trackless. I just want a good ride

Whatever system they can make a great Avatar Ride in, I'm game. Trackless rides are cool but also have some HUGE faults

But I would not be upset either way as long as its a good attraction and maybe finally can spread the crowds out more...Carsland has been around for over 12 years and still its ride gets the longest lines.
RSR is pretty much the flagship E ticket for DCA. They need another family E ticket to better balance out crowd flow at the park. I think the Avengers E ticket will be a good step in the right direction in that regard.