Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love how this is the worst kept secret in theme parks at the moment.
3 CM's today all hinted at this land. So They are not acting like its a secret, lol

Nintendoland was funnier I was on the tram a yearish a go and they still were not telling people what the new land was going to be....so I just told the car what is was and they all were excited...lol

• Haha
Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
USJ opened without DK and is expanding currently and Epic will have this on open. It’s theoretically possible to see this part of the land open as soon as 2026 depending on when they start work where the soundstages are.

Currently though, we know that at least F&F seems to be next for the park before they get to expanding SNW.

USJ opened without DK and is expanding currently and Epic will have this on open. It’s theoretically possible to see this part of the land open as soon as 2026 depending on when they start work where the soundstages are.

Currently though, we know that at least F&F seems to be next for the park before they get to expanding SNW.
I mean, I think a 2.5 year build from April 2023 to November 2025 may not be far off.

Also seeing posts that they are doing paving work. Perhaps to prepare for the redirecting?

I mean, I think a 2.5 year build from April 2023 to November 2025 may not be far off.

Also seeing posts that they are doing paving work. Perhaps to prepare for the redirecting?
After DK opens in late 2025 or early 2026, I am pretty sure The Simpsons Ride will go down so they can meet the 2028 deadline to get it's replacement up and running.

After DK opens in late 2025 or early 2026, I am pretty sure The Simpsons Ride will go down so they can meet the 2028 deadline to get it's replacement up and running.
There is no 2028 deadline. No reason to close in 2026 certainly. They have the rights to have Simpsons through 2028 whether Disney says yes or no on an extension.

So if it leaves, I think it will run through December 31, 2027 and close on January 1, 2028. The Mummy seems to be something that would make sense to take care of before moving on to Simpsons.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
There is no 2028 deadline. No reason to close in 2026 certainly. They have the rights to have Simpsons through 2028 whether Disney says yes or no on an extension.

So if it leaves, I think it will run through December 31, 2027 and close on January 1, 2028. The Mummy seems to be something that would make sense to take care of before moving on to Simpsons.
That makes a lot of sense actually. If they want to use the current tram tour load and unload area for theme park expansion they would need to have a new one built before they tear it down. Some people have speculated Mummy could be an option for the new tram load/unload area if they reroute it. That means the Simpsons replacement land would be here by 2030 depending on how fast they move.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
1673578650632.png

im a bit confused how DK can be a straight clone if it just takes over mainly these soundstages. am i missing something?

I did see paving work behind SNW. No idea if it's related
View attachment 18161
It's possible. But another question has popped up in my mind. How will DK affect the tram tour passing through? Will there be a gap between where the tram travels and DK or will it be rerouted behind DK? There has been talk about the tram tour and station being rerouted for further park expansion.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
I did see paving work behind SNW. No idea if it's related
View attachment 18161
Interesting as they also recently replaced the area outside of SS29 right before they started setting up Klowns

I love how this is the worst kept secret in theme parks at the moment.
I think Fast and the Furious: Hollywood Drift takes that title lol. Classic USH keeping secrets very well as always

Reactions: Coolbfitz and Freak