Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate (HHN 32) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is easily the house I’m most curious about and definitely most anticipated original. I hope they nail it.

A Jaws house would be amazing tbh....
Shark Week GIF

I hate to even bring this up ..... ( Screenz)
But I wouldn't be mad if they did this for some of the scenes of dragons, maybe before we see the actual puppets, earlier on.
In the dark in the house, it would be really cool

I hate to even bring this up ..... ( Screenz)
But I wouldn't be mad if they did this for some of the scenes of dragons, maybe before we see the actual puppets, earlier on.
In the dark in the house, it would be really cool

Horror Nights rarely uses screens in their houses. I'm pretty sure the last time it happened was Bride of Frankenstein Lives, at the beginning of the house. The creative team takes too much pride in their prop, set, and effect abilities to mainly rely on screens (at least I hope so.)

Horror Nights rarely uses screens in their houses. I'm pretty sure the last time it happened was Bride of Frankenstein Lives, at the beginning of the house. The creative team takes too much pride in their prop, set, and effect abilities to mainly rely on screens (at least I hope so.)

Yeah that's completely true. But I would be very sad if we only see the dragons once. Dragons that big, as big as they need to be,
It's like when they did klownzilla or the big monster in stranger things 3. A giant prop we see in one room. Only once
I think I would be ok if we saw the dragons flyingb

Usually it is just a background set element, not used as any particular scare.

In 2019, ST had it at the end of the arcade screen showing a mannequin Will Byers staring out into the red storm with the mindflayer. Yeti had some windows that from the inside looked like snow falling outside, meanwhile on the outside it showed some yeti silhouettes wreaking havoc. Also HOTC had some in the midway point, showcasing random pictures as used in the film, I think to allude to the similar shifts in the film.
2021 in Hill House, there was the neat set piece of the stairwell that was old and decrepit and had a screen that would show the scene of Nell dancing, before shifting back to the live set piece of the room.
2022 in the Weeknd there were some screens used in the beginning to show the "In Your Eyes" girl with the axe, before she was revealed from her boo-hole, and the "After Hours" big room with imagery.
If they use screens in here, I could picture it showing an outside to add depth, but it would be awesome if it could be as elaborate as a dragon flying by prior to seeing a large head puppet.
Big expectations for this house as I grew up with the original Lost Continent, DD being one of my favorite coasters, along with the theming of the land. Hoping they can nail the dragon puppets as IMHO the chupacabras last year didn't do it for me. Favorite puppet of all time was the lion in Nightingales Blood Prey, it was unexpected and positioned perfectly as a distraction scare.

In 2019, ST had it at the end of the arcade screen showing a mannequin Will Byers staring out into the red storm with the mindflayer. Yeti had some windows that from the inside looked like snow falling outside, meanwhile on the outside it showed some yeti silhouettes wreaking havoc. Also HOTC had some in the midway point, showcasing random pictures as used in the film, I think to allude to the similar shifts in the film.
2021 in Hill House, there was the neat set piece of the stairwell that was old and decrepit and had a screen that would show the scene of Nell dancing, before shifting back to the live set piece of the room.
2022 in the Weeknd there were some screens used in the beginning to show the "In Your Eyes" girl with the axe, before she was revealed from her boo-hole, and the "After Hours" big room with imagery.
If they use screens in here, I could picture it showing an outside to add depth, but it would be awesome if it could be as elaborate as a dragon flying by prior to seeing a large head puppet.
Big expectations for this house as I grew up with the original Lost Continent, DD being one of my favorite coasters, along with the theming of the land. Hoping they can nail the dragon puppets as IMHO the chupacabras last year didn't do it for me. Favorite puppet of all time was the lion in Nightingales Blood Prey, it was unexpected and positioned perfectly as a distraction scare.
I think the chupacabra puppets just missed because it wasn’t the alien looking dude we were expecting (It even was in the merch!) ; i don’t think this will happen in this house; Dragons are Dragons!

My favorite puppet is definitely the Poltergeist Ghost Skull; so menacing. Never got to see the Nightingales Lion but I saw him in Scary Tales!

Screens can be used for setting mood imo.
To me the biggest risk of a puppet is if we are close to it. Lighting will be huge as well. To much light and we can see it's just a puppet head, not enough light and we complain we cant see the dragon.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet

I think the chupacabra puppets just missed because it wasn’t the alien looking dude we were expecting (It even was in the merch!) ; i don’t think this will happen in this house; Dragons are Dragons!

My favorite puppet is definitely the Poltergeist Ghost Skull; so menacing. Never got to see the Nightingales Lion but I saw him in Scary Tales!

Screens can be used for setting mood imo.
To me the biggest risk of a puppet is if we are close to it. Lighting will be huge as well. To much light and we can see it's just a puppet head, not enough light and we complain we cant see the dragon.

Sparky said it right.
I did not really want to bring up chupacabra but the lighting on chupacabra wasn't great, and some of those puppets didn't work great all the time. Chupacabra had pretty incredible sets and I liked it. But there were runs where I only saw chupacabra once. Chupacabra was nice but the creature was a little disappointing

I would technically rather have the dragon in screens flying and coming close to us. Try to breathe fire at you in some scenes. I would really love if they had the dragon flying by as you walked

Reactions: AmitySix