General Movies & TV Thread | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
KINGDOM had a relatively "low" budget for a big science fiction film at $130 million*, which is what it just opened to worldwide for its first weekend. I think the movie will turn a profit, and if they can keep the budget in that same area, I think there will be a sequel.

*It's really remarkable they were able to make the movie for that amount, not just because the apes look so incredibly realistic... but also because I've seen movies that cost twice as much that look half as good.
No doubt it was a good budget.....but....I feel like Disney wants hit like huge hits that people are talking about.

We will see where this goes but feels like the most mixed reviews for this new series of ape films.

I hope the next one, is just set up and 2 hour or under and just can get into it.

I feel like Disney wants hit like huge hits that people are talking about.
That may prove to be an outdated expectation in the post-pandemic landscape. Not everything they put out can gross a billion dollars anymore (like in 2019).

I think there's value in having a fairly well-respected franchise like APES continuing to deliver solid movies, even if they don't set the box office on fire, and hopefully Disney sees it that way.

That may prove to be an outdated expectation in the post-pandemic landscape. Not everything they put out can gross a billion dollars anymore (like in 2019).

I think there's value in having a fairly well-respected franchise like APES continuing to deliver solid movies, even if they don't set the box office on fire, and hopefully Disney sees it that way.
I hope your right but with rumors or like a few more sequels for Pixar films like Nemo 3....Feels like they are just after money and don't care about if they can make a little money on something but....fingers crossed because I want this series to get up to the 9 movies they have kinda planned out

Saw Challengers on Monday, and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since. Incredible, challenging film about tennis and relationships. The cinematography, score, editing, and acting are on another level. Don’t expect any three-ways or non-stop sex (the most I remember seeing from our leads is heavy making out and messing around). That said, the film itself is incredibly hot and sexy. It’s a wild, intense ride. It’s part intense relationship drama and part tennis/sports film. I’d HIGHLY RECOMMEND it. The final few seconds are TO DIE FOR!!!

Reactions: imagin78