Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - News & Info | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Next year's event might just be the biggest in terms of atmosphere and things to do at this rate
I hope they can keep up with the atmosphere and expand upon what they've done this year. I think this is the most Halloween feeling event we've ever had with the most decorations and zones you see throughout the night. I think the year we had Trick r Treat was the right direction, but then with Covid, things took a nose dive. Getting rid of Lower Lot scarezones was a huge blow to the event and then not having the backlot mazes made things even sadder because that eliminated more zones.

If I could personally change the event in anyway, I'd put decorations on the lower lot -- just atmosphere stuff that doesn't get in the way. Bring back the backlot maze area as well as the JP Overflow venue (we don't need the one where Klowns is at now, imo, nothing special about it and clogs up the walkway to the backlot). With Walking Dead, Waterworld, Parisian, Mummy, JP, SS28, and 3 on the lower lot, plus a Tram, that could be 9 mazes plus a Terror Tram. Sounds like a lot to do, but with a proper early entry that starts at 5pm like old times, it'd be doable. Keep Wizarding World open with Death Eaters but expand that a bit. If they want to put more mazes in Curious George, go for it, but I'd be fine without -- could be useful if they want to get rid of Parisian, JP, Mummy and Walking Dead or something though.

For keeping budget down with that much stuff, I'd put Evil Dead Rise in Horror Hotel to keep most of the sets. A sequel maze to Scarecrow and finally a proper follow up sequel maze to La Llorona. I'll excuse Halloween one more time if it's the 2018-2022 films. Expand NOPE/Us to the whole tram or let Jordan Peele come up with something on his own. If Blumhouse has another round, very easy to keep that facade. Reuse whatever they can for the next Universal Monsters installment.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g
Something has been bugging me about the ticket release strategy that Universal is doing for this year. It just feels completely dishonest. And I realized it's a situation very similar with their inflation of queue times. Don't go this way, go this way instead.

Basically, they'll call a night sold out. Then hours later, tickets will be on sale. Sold out again. Sold out all week. Oh no, no tickets. Except in random pockets of time where they decide, hey, let's randomly sell tickets again for like two hours. Back to sold out. Day of, tickets are back on sale. I wouldn't question it if this happened once or twice, but they've done it for every single night that I can tell so far. Just yesterday, today was sold out for a while. Today? Tickets available in almost every type. Last night, tix were sold out for most of the night. But randomly check to see if tickets are available at 10pm? And boom, they were, just to squeeze out a random premium dollar on someone who is deciding to show up late. And then the next day, just for marketing sake, oh wow, what another wonderful sold out night it was last night!

But was it really?

Totally understand guest capacity is in constant flux. I have no idea what the strategy is or what they're trying to achieve, but again, I will just say it feels dishonest. That's the best word to describe it. A lot of other events this year will say "selling fast" or "best available" next to their dates -- which feels genuine. With Universal though, you truly have zero idea what the situation actually is.

And maybe I've just been avoiding the crowds in the right way this year, but I honestly can't say it feels as crowded as the event used to be, in say...2016-2019.

Reactions: Clive and Freak
And maybe I've just been avoiding the crowds in the right way this year, but I honestly can't say it feels as crowded as the event used to be, in say...2016-2019.
Can I please have whatever you're smoking? I want some too! :lol:

But I do agree that the way USH is going about this is a little dishonest. It's personally a non-issue for me as I have the FFP, but the event does feel just as crowded, if not more, then that era you're mentioning. Maybe it's just the operations weren't as good as that time, but the lines this year especially suck.

The overall crowd levels have been high, but at least on the 2 nights I attended the lines were fairly short in the first hour. They skyrocketed between 8 and 11 though.

I know that's not unusual, but it's been great for me speed walking to Curious George at 7 and practically walking in to Scarecrow

I'm just wondering... does anyone have any idea if the Jabawookeez are still a successful draw for HHN? Finally saw their show Friday night, and it was one of the better ones IMO. And the space seemed pretty full--but part of me thinks it gets full just because people are looking for any excuse to sit down for a while, lol. Does it still get good guest feedback?

When I went the Friday before last for the second show, it started with half the theater empty. It filled in over the course of the show, but I don't think I've ever seen the show start with so few people.

Just came back from my third and final trip. Did everything, plus Transformers, watch Jabba, and even got a repeat in. I am very impressed considering it is arguably the peakiest of days in peak season. Longest line I waited for was La Llorona at 75 mins, everything else was 0-15 mins for us.

I also did 2pm entry today (I got my pass today, but the rest of my party had 2pm entry). I do not recommend this option to anyone EVER. It is the biggest money grab from Universal ever. Every line shoots up to 60+ mins instantly and you have no time to hit anything. We did single rider on Jurassic and Mummy just to say we did something. Also, avoid that taco truck in Simpsons at all costs -- the LONGEST wait ever just for some tacos. People were waiting up to 45 minutes after ordering. I don't know what's going on, but they were unbearably slow.

Will have a full review up hopefully tomorrow.

Reactions: Clive
Just came back from my third and final trip. Did everything, plus Transformers, watch Jabba, and even got a repeat in. I am very impressed considering it is arguably the peakiest of days in peak season. Longest line I waited for was La Llorona at 75 mins, everything else was 0-15 mins for us.

I also did 2pm entry today (I got my pass today, but the rest of my party had 2pm entry). I do not recommend this option to anyone EVER. It is the biggest money grab from Universal ever. Every line shoots up to 60+ mins instantly and you have no time to hit anything. We did single rider on Jurassic and Mummy just to say we did something. Also, avoid that taco truck in Simpsons at all costs -- the LONGEST wait ever just for some tacos. People were waiting up to 45 minutes after ordering. I don't know what's going on, but they were unbearably slow.

Will have a full review up hopefully tomorrow.
Haven't eaten the Tacos since pre pandemic but they used to be quick. Sorry to hear they are that slow now

It’s back up. Currently 65 min.

Man those wait times are brutal. We’re in hell week for the event. It’s the last week before Halloween so that’s when “everyone” is going.
Curious what happened there. Crazy that when you think the park is as full as it possibly gets and then Universal manages to put in a few hundred more

I am very curious to see what changes they make next year, without a show they need to do something, even with a show I’d think they’d need to do something. It’s insane

Last night before 7 wasn't terrible. I jumped in line for the Weekend at 5:45 and ended up waiting 15 + 30 min. Universal Monsters was closed at 6:30 so went up to La llorona for a 10 min wait. Then to the Terror Tram for a walk on. By that time we just chilled out and had a few beers. We could have hit Horror hotel with only 30 min wait but we were done. We walked out of the park at 8:45 and the security lines were nuts still. Fun night but I imagine it was crazy busy as usual.