Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - News & Info | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I cannot confirm firsthand, I did anecdotally notice that express queues were allowed to build up a bit last night, meaning more standby guests were being let through on a regular basis.
heard that people were waiting around 20 minutes in express lines, so definitely sounds like this is happening!

I think 15 minutes sounds like the most express should wait, 20 MAX. But I’m glad to hear they’re letting express build up a little bit. Just freeloading Express while having standby wait for 20 min without moving at before letting two groups in was not the solution. Thrilled to hear something is being done.

Hooefully I’ll try to make it another Thursday or Sunday (Maybe this week?)But tonight the waits are AWFUL. Scarecrow at 100 min and Halloween at 3 hours? Noooooo thank you.

I think saving Hotel, Blumhouse, and Universal Monsters for the end definitely makes the most sense. Those lines never build anywhere near as bad as the others. Then hit Weeknd dead last right before closing. The only thing I'm nervous about is how long Terror Tram will be -- it's nowhere near worth more than 45 mins at most but it's often double that. Knocking out Klowns, Halloween, and Scarecrow before 8pm seems so crucial. Get in line for La Llorona while it's hopefully maybe an hour at most. I gotta do dinner at some point, so I have that at 9 -- will try to make that a 45 min break at most, but sometimes it becomes an hour. Weigh whether or not Terror Tram is worth it -- if anything, hitting it right at closing for that would make a lot of sense too (11:45), that way they're not letting in any Express and they're just zooming you through. Enjoy the small waits for Blumhouse and Hotel. Head down to Universal Monsters. If you're super lucky with a lot of time left, hit Jurassic or Mummy. Weeknd is the finale of your night.

Can't wait to try out the method, regardless.

How does early admission work? Do I need to get a 2pm day/night combo ticket for the houses opening at 6pm or will general admission suffice? I see that gates open at 7pm.

This wording in the GA terms & conditions is confusing me:
  • Gates open at 7:00 p.m. each night. (Beat the crowds and the traffic – arrive early). Online purchase from UniversalStudiosHollywood.com/Halloween and purchase from the Front Gate includes Early Event Admission to select houses beginning at 6:00 p.m., subject to availability, cancellation, and change.

Last edited:
How does early admission work? Do I need to get a 2pm day/night combo ticket for the houses opening at 6pm or will general admission suffice? I see that gates open at 7pm.

This wording in the GA terms & conditions is confusing me:
  • Gates open at 7:00 p.m. each night. (Beat the crowds and the traffic – arrive early). Online purchase from UniversalStudiosHollywood.com/Halloween and purchase from the Front Gate includes Early Event Admission to select houses beginning at 6:00 p.m., subject to availability, cancellation, and change.

It is unfortunately confusing. Getting the after 2 pass will get you a jump on other early entry guests (and allow you to ride some rides or do whatever else you please), but it is not necessary.

For early entry, you can show up outside the turnstiles as soon as 4 or so (that’s when people tend to congregate). They start letting folks in between 5 and 5:15. Weeknd and Klowns have been opening on the Lower Lot at 6 or so, with Monsters following at 6:15 and La Llorona / Tram at 6:30. Basically everything else opens at 7.

If you want to see one of those lower lot mazes, you need to line up as soon as you get in for early entry. This year, you’re likely only to get one - maybe two - of the lower lot mazes before 7. I would recommend doing one lower lot maze and then heading through the Wizarding World to catch Halloween and Scarecrow when they open at 7.

Reactions: malice
Went last night and had a GREAT time even though it was a sold out Saturday. Didn't feel like it all, felt like a Thursday or something. But then again, maybe I was just always ahead of the crowds. Will give a proper update in the review thread. Spoilers: I made it through everything plus some repeats with twelve people straggling along. I even got a ride in.

So good news, it is possible to get all the mazes in one night!

Went last night and had a GREAT time even though it was a sold out Saturday. Didn't feel like it all, felt like a Thursday or something. But then again, maybe I was just always ahead of the crowds. Will give a proper update in the review thread. Spoilers: I made it through everything plus some repeats with twelve people straggling along. I even got a ride in.

I might try to go back this coming Sunday. Have you noticed if they resolved the Express situation?

Yeah, I’m not clear what happened last night. It did not feel like a typical sellout, especially in the last two hours.

This weekend's HHN might have gotten lucky because of that Bad Bunny dude performing in LA..

I might try to go back this coming Sunday. Have you noticed if they resolved the Express situation?
From what I saw, it is MUCH better. It felt fairly even. But also, I hardly saw anyone in the Express lines in general. I guess the new game plan kinda avoids where the Express people go though. Unless they are just underselling the Express tix now, which would be great.
Yeah, I’m not clear what happened last night. It did not feel like a typical sellout, especially in the last two hours.
Line times were also super inflated. The biggest divide for me was Blumhouse said 85 but was 47. Almost half the time it said it would be.
This weekend's HHN might have gotten lucky because of that Bad Bunny dude performing in LA..
But I have to imagine a sell out night is a sell out night. If people showed up late, I'd understand, but the entire event felt fairly empty for the most part, especially the beginning and especially the end.

Reactions: Clive and Freak
Sunday feels real busy. Not sure about the new express policy. Lets aee how the night
Plays out

UPDATE:

Express policy seemed the same for Universal Hotel. I Did LaLarona early and then Scarecrow both didn't have much express to dump but they did make sure express was empty. Universal hotel the standby seemed to move better but IRL Express definitely got priority. It seemed so busy at 8 after I got off the Terror tram I just went home. Don't mind only 3 and terror tram but really I seems like it is just going to be busy for the rest of the event.

Last edited: