Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - News & Info | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A few updates regarding the opening scaremony, chainsaw chase out and early entry.

This one I am just adding because I thought it was funny, hah!

Dang lettng people in at 5 this year, guess we're truly back to the old ways of doing things.
Honestly cant remotely complain, having everyone pack into exorcist and texas last year at like 6 pm was kinda a mess and could really throw off your whole game plan if you were a little behind the crowds.

Reactions: Freak
I mean with 8 mazes a show and the king terror tram
That’s hard to do with a pass in one night, without staying too late

I marvel at all you there past midnight, that’s when Disneyland closes and is my limit with my sleep schedule

So will they just announce this next week? Like Tickets say you can get in at 6 PM but they will just tweet out that 5PM is the new opening time?

Last edited:
Bruh, did Rude Elevator Voice really get cancelled?
*Tommy Wisseau voice* I'm fed up with the worrrld!

• Haha
Reactions: Freak
Tbh I’m surprised rude elevator voice lasted this long. Still sucks though. It was Murdy’s voice acting at its peak.

Off topic but I met Wisseu in person. Twice. First was at a screening of the Room in the Egyptian Theater, the other was the premiere of Beat Fr(I)ends at the same theater. He’s EXACTLY the same in person as he is in screen. Interesting guy lol

Honestly even if nobody complained I'm not surprised it's gone, it definitely felt like a relic of old days when the tone for the whole event was a lot cruder. And, while that was a bit nostalgic, it doesn't really fit with the more clean cut feel we've seen take center stage in recent years.

Reactions: Rideguy70 and Clive
Honestly even if nobody complained I'm not surprised it's gone, it definitely felt like a relic of old days when the tone for the whole event was a lot cruder. And, while that was a bit nostalgic, it doesn't really fit with the more clean cut feel we've seen take center stage in recent years.
I hate this and I blame Stranger Things for bringing more kids in the parks. Things were starting to get cleaned up mid 10's, due to the popularity of Walking Dead, but I truly do think Stranger Things killed any chance of us going back to HHN of the late 00s -- which was awesome. Go-Go dancers, dirty jokes, scarier mazes, pushing the envelope, sliders in scare zones, Bill & Ted, Chucky, the Flasher character, scareactors on the lower lot.

Honestly, if they made a scaled down version of the event that happened early November to make it more R-Rated like the early days for a week or two with only the most insane, scary and gory mazes left (3 to 4 mazes) for half the price -- I'd be there.

I hate this and I blame Stranger Things for bringing more kids in the parks. Things were starting to get cleaned up mid 10's, due to the popularity of Walking Dead, but I truly do think Stranger Things killed any chance of us going back to HHN of the late 00s -- which was awesome. Go-Go dancers, dirty jokes, scarier mazes, pushing the envelope, sliders in scare zones, Bill & Ted, Chucky, the Flasher character, scareactors on the lower lot.

Honestly, if they made a scaled down version of the event that happened early November to make it more R-Rated like the early days for a week or two with only the most insane, scary and gory mazes left (3 to 4 mazes) for half the price -- I'd be there.
Honestly I'd more blame the tastes of horror audiences shifting. Gore, grit, and raunch just doesn't sell the way it did back in the 2000s with general audiences. A lot of what you mentioned was obviously done away with for logistical issues and complaints etc, but I really do think the overall shift is just down to what audiences are into these days. The event's tone has always shifted with the times, though this is more clearly exemplified with Orlando given how much longer they've been at it, so if things ever swing back to that style of horror, I'm sure the event will re-adapt yet again to meet it.
Granted, just due to the sheer size of the event, and the internet's growth since the 2000s, to some degree it's impossible to get that back. Wouldn't say I really blame kids or the IP choices though. The public spoke, and universal just listened.