Horror Movies Thread | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As long as it’s good monologue.
He is about 50/50 for me. Midnight club I felt was awful, Usher- to me- only had about 2 worthwhile episodes. Midnight Mass was incredible though, and was about 75% monologue. lol.
I'm not the biggest Mike Flanagan fan in the world, but I can't deny this is an upgrade from David Gordon Green.
His movies are head a shoulders better than his shows for some reason.

Big DGG supporter here. Bummer he keeps taking roles adapting BIG IP because his indie work and other work with McBride is fantastic. I would rather him work on an original horror project because the few times there has been very tense, gory scenes in Gemstones you can see he has the eye for it.
(specifically thinking of the scene where the house is on fire and there are dead bodies in the trees and such)

Also Halloween Ends is the best Halloween movie since Season of the Witch, and I think would be much better received if Halloween Kills was not so god awful.

I won't be taking questions.

He is about 50/50 for me. Midnight club I felt was awful, Usher- to me- only had about 2 worthwhile episodes. Midnight Mass was incredible though, and was about 75% monologue. lol.

His movies are head a shoulders better than his shows for some reason.
I actually haven't watched any of his shows yet, for some reason.

But I have loved ALL of the Flanagan movies I've watched. Hush, Gerald's Game, Doctor Sleep, all great.

Very excited to see how he'd handle The Exorcist.

I believe Flanagan’s best work was Haunting of Hill House. As of right now, I can’t think of a better name to direct an Exorcist sequel. I recently re-watched Exorcist:Believer. I’ve always thought it wasn’t a terrible film (I’d say it isn’t good, just ok), but Flanagan would undoubtedly deliver a superior product.

I'd honestly kinda just be alright if they threw their planned Exorcist trilogy in the bin and Flanagan did a more interesting project.

The Tubi Original Lowlifes is a fun way to spend 90 minutes as a nice twist on the Redneck Torture Family in the Woods cliche that's similar in conceit to Tucker & Dale vs Evil (though Lowlifes is much less of a horror comedy). Fine acting, some nice effects, overall a really good movie for something that is a 'Tubi Original'!

Also features what has to be one of the best lines of dialogue of the year in it.

The Tubi Original Lowlifes is a fun way to spend 90 minutes as a nice twist on the Redneck Torture Family in the Woods cliche that's similar in conceit to Tucker & Dale vs Evil (though Lowlifes is much less of a horror comedy). Fine acting, some nice effects, overall a really good movie for something that is a 'Tubi Original'!

Also features what has to be one of the best lines of dialogue of the year in it.
I didn't love the ending, but I agree that the movie is very solid stuff.

I didn't love the ending, but I agree that the movie is very solid stuff.
Ending legitimately made me upset but such is the way of life. I also think you could interpret the ending as being a
"Younger generation changing their traditional ways and attempting to pave a better future" sort of message. Amy shows signs that she wants to be different and I choose to accept that her murderous, cannibalistic days are behind her.

That said I thought for SURE there was going to be a 'reverse Jason' type scare where Savannah showed up behind her in the RV before the final cut to black.

Reactions: belloq87
Saturday night I went to the Indoor Drive-In Geek Out in NC hosted by Joe Bob Briggs. He presented a double feature of Bubba-Hotep and Donnie Darko. Very fantastic night.

Joe Bob is just a fantastic dude and so important to the preservation and culture of horror movies. During the event we heard about the passing of Roger Corman. There was a moment of silence.

Roger was instrumental in the careers of so many great film makers. A true Legend.