Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge - General Discussion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anybody know what kind of graphical quality the AR headsets produce and how good the placement is?
I don't have high expectations for this ride based on the video I've seen but for me, I feel like the quality of the AR will be what really makes or breaks it.
Is it akin to mobile, Nintendo Switch, or is it closer to PS4 Quality? Does it track well? I haven't see anyone really talk about that indepth.

Does anybody know what kind of graphical quality the AR headsets produce and how good the placement is?
I don't have high expectations for this ride based on the video I've seen but for me, I feel like the quality of the AR will be what really makes or breaks it.
Is it akin to mobile, Nintendo Switch, or is it closer to PS4 Quality? Does it track well? I haven't see anyone really talk about that indepth.
I know it tracks very well when you are actually wearing it (and not looking at it through a camera). Not sure about the actual quality but I would assume it's closer to something like a Nintendo Switch.

I know it tracks very well when you are actually wearing it (and not looking at it through a camera). Not sure about the actual quality but I would assume it's closer to something like a Nintendo Switch.
Ah okay, then I'll reserve my judgement.
Might be pleasantly surprised after-all. Thanks

The head tracking is the most impressive part of the AR imo. The "look to aim" controls feel very natural. I haven't had any qualms about the quality of the visuals on any of my ride throughs. I've had a couple rides that are a bit blurrier than others but nothing major.

I would say the graphics themselves are roughly on par with the Switch from what I remember. Maybe a little rougher.

How's the scoring/competitive part of the ride with people in your vehicle? Is it similar to Buzz and Mania where you try to get the highest score from the person sitting next to you?

Ride is fantastic, definitely better than I expected. I didn’t find it not feeling fast to be an issue, though maybe a bit more wind effects would help. But it’s very very good
Glad you had fun! Let’s get it out of the way…

What’d you think of the AR?

Ride is currently having issue and stuck in line for 15th mins at this pount

but the Q is amazing and love the Yoshi area very cute

How's the scoring/competitive part of the ride with people in your vehicle? Is it similar to Buzz and Mania where you try to get the highest score from the person sitting next to you?

Like Mania, they show individual scores on a screen as you wait to unload. To trigger the Team Mario ending, your vehicle needs to achieve an average higher than 100 coins.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Any reports of anybody attempting to ride the attraction without the visor? I know they've reportedly been very strict about NOT allowing that in Japan.

The Yoshi's Island stuff mixed in still annoys me a bit, but the Yoshi queue here looks a lot better than the Yoshi queue in Osaka.

I do still wish they put someone else in Mt. Beanpole, but I get why they made the whole thing a queue. California crowds are a completely different beast from Osaka crowds. With the MK queue being absolutely gigantic, the chances of the line spilling into the land itself are less likely.