Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge - General Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Teaching guests how to correctly put on the visor is going to be a nightmare. It's already causing major delays at loading.

Tip for best results: Make sure the cap is pulled down AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE over your forehead. Ideally, it should be just above or even covering your eyebrows and snug against your face. THEN tighten it. The AR visor will then take up much more of your field of vision, and the imagery will be clearer and more stable. Our second ride was SIGNIFICANTLY better than our first thanks to this approach.

Teaching guests how to correctly put on the visor is going to be a nightmare. It's already causing major delays at loading.

Tip for best results: Make sure the cap is pulled down AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE over your forehead. Ideally, it should be just above or even covering your eyebrows and snug against your face. THEN tighten it. The AR visor will then take up much more of your field of vision, and the imagery will be clearer and more stable. Our second ride was SIGNIFICANTLY better than our first thanks to this approach.
The Japanese parks already solve this by giving guests information cards as they enter the lines, so hopefully those cards make their way over here.

IS there a reason besides money that they can't just have the googles good to go and you just plug them in when you sit down?

Its one of my biggest issues with the ride is the loading is sooooooooooo slow, its like the opposite of Forbidden Journey

Dude. It's their first day.
Its been open in Japan for over a year, and most posters here make it sound like its still an issue there. So its fine to be critical of elements that literally make guests wait in line longer and also will make CM jobs more frustrating

Also I was literally asking a question and trying to provide a solution , its not like i just said this sucks and i hate who ever made this. I literally was asking besides money is there a reason these cant be already connected when you get them and you just plug them into the ride....seems like that would be much easier for everyone if its possible

• Angry
Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Its been open in Japan for over a year, and most posters here make it sound like its still an issue there. So its fine to be critical of elements that literally make guests wait in line longer and also will make CM jobs more frustrating

Also I was literally asking a question and trying to provide a solution , its not like i just said this sucks and i hate who ever made this. I literally was asking besides money is there a reason these cant be already connected when you get them and you just plug them into the ride....seems like that would be much easier for everyone if its possible

The reason is the visor is the conduit that provides power/data to the cap so that you can see the AR imagery. The computers that supply this data are on the RVs. That's why the visor is "wired" - it's not so that people don't steal it.

The reason is the visor is the conduit that provides power/data to the cap so that you can see the AR imagery. The computers that supply this data are on the RVs. That's why the visor is "wired" - it's not so that people don't steal it.
So in Theory it could be done. Maybe they just have the hats/AR both in the vehicle already is another solution

And from a practical standpoint, it is easier to clean the plastic pieces than a full AR unit after each ride and also to repair/replace units.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Things will get faster and easier over time. This is the first time TM's are dealing with guests on this ride. Nothing can ever prepare you for the real thing. Give it time.

Also worth pointing out that, even with two rounds of technical difficulties, it took about 35 minutes to get from the fully-filled underground cave section of the queue to the preshow. The line moves fast, even with the load station hiccups.

There are some interesting changes to this version of MK

Minor stuff, two of them I liked, one I didn't

There's a POV if you search

Glad you had fun! Let’s get it out of the way…

What’d you think of the AR?
Sorry just saw this, it was really good. No complaints from me. As was said, it’s very crucial to have your visor on right otherwise field of view will be very weird

I’m sure I’ll go more into detail in a full review at some point but I think people going into this with the expectation of a Midway Mania ride will have a much better time than people expecting a racing ride. I thought this approach was really smart, only other option is a Test Track/Cars rip-off

I really liked the added fog effects to the end of Rainbow Road. Pretty cool!
Oh this wasn’t in Japan? Yeah I loved that effect

So in Theory it could be done. Maybe they just have the hats/AR both in the vehicle already is another solution
Yes, it could be done, but probably not for years and years.

As an AR/VR user, most consumer headsets are turning to wireless, but it comes at the price of graphical power and headset/glasses battery life.

Even with the money Universal is putting behind this, the technology still has limitations as of now, especially when it’s connected to a Ride Vehicle that will be operating for 12+ hours per day.

Reactions: salismetho
Sorry just saw this, it was really good. No complaints from me. As was said, it’s very crucial to have your visor on right otherwise field of view will be very weird

I’m sure I’ll go more into detail in a full review at some point but I think people going into this with the expectation of a Midway Mania ride will have a much better time than people expecting a racing ride. I thought this approach was really smart, only other option is a Test Track/Cars rip-off

Oh this wasn’t in Japan? Yeah I loved that effect
There seem to be extra details in this version of MK. Others include the LED display screen above the monitors in the pre show and at the starting line the Mario Kart sign lights up like it has fire in it.

Ok on several of the POVs I've watched, there is a very very loud humming sound (almost like a generator or something) running

It's overpowering the audio on the car

Anyone know what this is? I hope it's not permanent

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
Ok on several of the POVs I've watched, there is a very very loud humming sound (almost like a generator or something) running

It's overpowering the audio on the car

Anyone know what this is? I hope it's not permanent
I rode it twice and didn't hear it? You talking about the ride system sound? Maybe I barely heard it a few times but never paid attention to it.

I rode it twice and didn't hear it? You talking about the ride system sound? Maybe I barely heard it a few times but never paid attention to it.
Yeah I literally did not hear this at all. This ride probably has the worst POV translation lol