Universal Great Britain | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm a bit bored tonight so doing a reread from post 1 in this thread. I've just got through the discussions between @bedfordmassive @tommyhawkins and @yepthatguy about the traffic/rail infrastructure and how it might be worked to give the project a direct feed from the A421. It's nice to see what you guys came up with and then compare it to the master plan that came out last month and none of you twigged on Universal's real plans :p.
i bet that was really fulfilling for you

It was good fun guessing how it would all work, and really cool when they released the plans.

Some of Tommy’s photoshops really brought home the scale of it all to me.

I’m definitely more interested in the build than the IP that will be there.

You wait til Barbie Land is announced or you’re in an Bond BTTF clone under water and start thinking… “this is all feeling very familiar..””

Reactions: Jake S and xtpower
I don't think this is going to happen. But not because Universal don't want it but more because of our governments policies.
We are going all out on this net zero thing and this means that air travel, cars and so on will be banned in order for us to reach net zero. People won't have as much disposable income, means of transportation and we probably won't have enough electricity to keep the park running as well as everyone's house in the country. The country will probably be heading back into poverty with all of the job losses that will occur.
So purely from a net zero and economic stand point I don't think this will happen.

I don't think this is going to happen. But not because Universal don't want it but more because of our governments policies.
We are going all out on this net zero thing and this means that air travel, cars and so on will be banned in order for us to reach net zero. People won't have as much disposable income, means of transportation and we probably won't have enough electricity to keep the park running as well as everyone's house in the country. The country will probably be heading back into poverty with all of the job losses that will occur.
So purely from a net zero and economic stand point I don't think this will happen.
Did you binge watch Fallout last night?

You’re right, I also think that none of that stuff is going to happen*. In the meantime Universal will open a world class theme park in Bedford and we’re all going to be delighted by it.

* Any government which tried to ban cars will not be a government for much longer.

Cars and air travel getting banned? Never gonna happen in a billion billion years. As for the rest, I think you have a gross misunderstanding of what Net Zero is and what the consequences of it being. The whole country being plunged into poverty, no cars, no air travel, less electricity, no jobs, yea that's all rubbish. Have you by any chance been watching GB News recently? This feels like something those nutjobs would come up with.

This is satire right?

No clue. But I’ll be real with yall, most big corporations just purchase carbon offset credits to stay more neutral these days. It’s a work around, but usually keeps things within regulations.
There are a number of power generating structures close to the site, most noticeable is the wind turbine at Stewartby lake, then the largest at rookery Pitt at Stewartby that burns waste diverted from landfill. Then we have the under construction Millbrook power station also at rookery Pitt. We also have the Infinis plant at Stewartby brickworks site which burns the methane from the landfill and finally just up the road is Brogbrough landfill power station.

So Universal are spoilt for choice really.

Oh did I mention the now under construction battery storage on the a421 next to the site of the old brick makers arms pub, you won't find anything on a map yet but it's there.

There is more than enough 'green' fuelled power choices around here.