Universal Studios Florida New Nighttime Show (2024) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida New Nighttime Show (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was July 4th weekend in 2018.

But it seems Brody was looking for something more concrete info than our speculation - to which Universal hasn't provided any just yet.
You’re pretty spot on. I’d like to plan a trip out to Orlando, I just don’t want to come out, leave and then a week later find out this show opens and miss it. That would be a bummer.

You’re pretty spot on. I’d like to plan a trip out to Orlando, I just don’t want to come out, leave and then a week later find out this show opens and miss it. That would be a bummer.
100% agree!! I would also become very upset if i planned a trip and this show opened shortly after. How does everyone know its even happening this year?

I've been reading these forums for a while now and decided to join just to talk about this project. Cinematic Celebration was my favorite theme park show of all time and I am beyond excited for this show!!! I can't remember now, buit somewhere a while back I saw a twitter post about the music being recorded.

The hard thing for me though is I want to be there opening day and booking travel for me is harder from BC. It would definitely be nice if Universal would tell us when this show is opening so we all can plan our summer trips!!
Totally agreed. In recent years, Universal seemingly announces the opening date when an attraction or experience is close to or literally about to open,

I've been reading these forums for a while now and decided to join just to talk about this project. Cinematic Celebration was my favorite theme park show of all time and I am beyond excited for this show!!! I can't remember now, buit somewhere a while back I saw a twitter post about the music being recorded.

The hard thing for me though is I want to be there opening day and booking travel for me is harder from BC. It would definitely be nice if Universal would tell us when this show is opening so we all can plan our summer trips!!
Have you seen world of color?

Yes. Maybe 5 or 6 times. We travel to California more often than Florida. Maybe twice a year and Orlando once a year.

World of Color has more fountains but we liked Cinematic Celebration better. We're excited for what Universal is going to do next. I do wonder if its a completely new show or a newer version of the previous show.
Based on what has been gathered so far with the new fountains, lights, the drones rumored to part of the show, and the trademarked name heavily implying music to be a key part of the show, my money is on a totally new from the ground up show.

IMO, Cinematic Celebration was just as great as World of Color... it just didn't havethe same cohesive feel that WoC has. WoC still had various random segments, but it'll at least blend into the next segment. Cinematic had hard cuts and forced synergy segments that didn't really land well as a nighttime segment (Fast and Furious).

This show is a massive improvement, larger and more interesting fountain heads... something that Universal should, hopefully, reveal and promote relatively soon to get people familiar with the project. Would hate to see another Universal nighttime not be recognized at how great it is.

Reactions: MartinBrody54
I agree with you. Cinematic Celebration was broken up into multiple songs and not as one flowing show like World of Color. I do think though that World of Color all begins to feel the same after a while where Cinematic Celebration had more different pieces and very different feeling visuals. It also made better use of all of the special effects even though it had less fountains.

At the end of every show, my partner and I just felt like Cinematic Celebration felt like a fun party and World of Color felt like.. well... a Disney show. The Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom also opened the same year as Cinematic Celebration and Universal's show was much much better.

The Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom also opened the same year as Cinematic Celebration and Universal's show was much much better.
Rivers of Light debuted the year before, but yeah nobody really knew about Cinematic Celebration. I blame Universal for the lack of promotion prior to the show along with not informing TMs/proper signage inside the parks, let alone their inconsistent operating/show times.

Wondering if the new show will project some stuff on Transformers as it's a massive canvas to utilize.

Rivers of Light debuted the year before, but yeah nobody really knew about Cinematic Celebration. I blame Universal for the lack of promotion prior to the show along with not informing TMs/proper signage inside the parks, let alone their inconsistent operating/show times.

Wondering if the new show will project some stuff on Transformers as it's a massive canvas to utilize.
Such a great show, but such poor support from Universal daily operations. Loved the show, myself..................Interesting story. We had one of those large bay view balconies at Portofino. We're sitting on the balcony watching the occasional fireworks from Cinematic. All of a sudden we feel a boom slightly shaking our balcony and reverberating into our bodies. What the hell is that, I said to Alene. Then I realized it was the Jurassic dino stomping scene from Cinematic. Great sound effects in addition to the water and building projections. We saw that show from inside the park many times. It never got old and never disappointed. I enjoyed it as much as the good Disney night shows.....Just a shame that Universal management never gave it it's just due, and almost hid info of it's showings.

I mean if you took a poll on the general public on world of color vs cinematic celebration I imagine it would go heavily world of color. I understand this is a universal fan board though and I do think universal did a good job. As I implied if universal did think the show was already better they wouldn't have rebuilt it now. I do wonder if the new show is really popular if they can run two per night. The viewing area is limited if the park were at high capacity much like California adventure.

I mean if you took a poll on the general public on world of color vs cinematic celebration I imagine it would go heavily world of color. I understand this is a universal fan board though and I do think universal did a good job. As I implied if universal did think the show was already better they wouldn't have rebuilt it now. I do wonder if the new show is really popular if they can run two per night. The viewing area is limited if the park were at high capacity much like California adventure.
Who cares? It’s their opinion. The show is being rebuilt due to heavy damage from the hurricane. That’s it.

Reactions: Nico
Universal did a very poor job communicating to guests that there was a nighttime spectacular and that really can't be argued imo. I think what Universal needs to do (aside from proper marketing) is similar to what Epcot does and hold announcements for at least an hour prior to the show beginning. There should also be signage around the park promoting a show at night, imo.

Who cares? It’s their opinion. The show is being rebuilt due to heavy damage from the hurricane. That’s it.
Cool. They are entitled to their opinion. For universal they have to operate within the actual market and not a minority opinion so I guess they care. To be clear I myself liked this show a lot and it was a great stepping stone towards top level night time entertainment, but if universal thought this show was good enough they would not have entirely ripped it out and would have repaired the damage to get it open again sooner. Universal decided having no nighttime show for months was WORTH IT to upgrade this. This isn't rebuilding the show. This is a new show.

I do hope it is a big upgrade and that universal not only is committed to marketing this better but also committed to be open later. I suspect with the new hotels going online before epic universe hours will increase.

Cool. They are entitled to their opinion. For universal they have to operate within the actual market and not a minority opinion so I guess they care. To be clear I myself liked this show a lot and it was a great stepping stone towards top level night time entertainment, but if universal thought this show was good enough they would not have entirely ripped it out and would have repaired the damage to get it open again sooner. Universal decided having no nighttime show for months was WORTH IT to upgrade this. This isn't rebuilding the show. This is a new show.

I do hope it is a big upgrade and that universal not only is committed to marketing this better but also committed to be open later. I suspect with the new hotels going online before epic universe hours will increase.
It had nothing to do with reactions or reviews to the show. They had to start all over, so they chose to take the opportunity to make the upgrades.

Reactions: Nico and Disneyhead
Universal did a very poor job communicating to guests that there was a nighttime spectacular and that really can't be argued imo. I think what Universal needs to do (aside from proper marketing) is similar to what Epcot does and hold announcements for at least an hour prior to the show beginning. There should also be signage around the park promoting a show at night, imo.
Yeah, Epcot and DHS does a great job at promoting their nighttime shows in park with clear and visible signage or showtime announcements. Even though Universal built a proper viewing area for Cinematic, they never "trained" guests to understand that, let alone make them aware as they did a great job at "hiding" the viewing area from the main park pathways.

Epcot announces Luminous 1-hr prior to announcement, letting folks where they can see it and at what time. Put up a sign at each Central Park entrance to let folks know there's a show here later tonight.

Yeah, Epcot and DHS does a great job at promoting their nighttime shows in park with clear and visible signage or showtime announcements. Even though Universal built a proper viewing area for Cinematic, they never "trained" guests to understand that, let alone make them aware as they did a great job at "hiding" the viewing area from the main park pathways.

Epcot announces Luminous 1-hr prior to announcement, letting folks where they can see it and at what time. Put up a sign at each Central Park entrance to let folks know there's a show here later tonight.
I’d also say possible a sign at the front gate of the park advertising the show would help as well.