2018 Rumor Thread | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

2018 Rumor Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And then you have to deal with the Nintendo mess (if it comes). If Zelda and SNW get announced, people will probably wait for that. So on and so forth.
As Alicia alluded to. Universal still seems to dwell on the huge drop in attendance during the 12 months prior to HP Hogsmeade opening. It's kind of ingrained in their psyche.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
As Alicia alluded to. Universal still seems to dwell on the huge drop in attendance during the 12 months prior to HP Hogsmeade opening. It's kind of ingrained in their psyche.

To be fair, Harry Potter the whole reason why some people go to Universal. Something of that magnitude will probably never happen again.

Nin. Tend. O.

It will definitely happen again.

EDIT: Okay maybe not at that maginitude, with lines around CityWalk, but people would definitely postpone their vacations for it a year or two.

There's another side of that coin though. What happens if people go to USF and don't find a kiddie land, only construction walls? With nothing on them? People would be confused, and probably pissed.

Reactions: tankart150
Let’s assume for the moment that Universal’s fears of people postponing their vacations are warranted.

It seems like Universal would put as many of their announcements as possibly near the opening of Star Wars.

Even with the Potter coaster, Universal is going to see an attendance impact. It could be a slower growing year (best case), no growth (probable) or negative growth. But, the numbers will show some impact from Star Wars.

So, why not put out a bunch of announcements and then blame the announcements? Wall Street becomes more relieved and Universal gets to steal some thunder from SWL for free.

Thanks for creating this thread. If we could find a way to keep the first posted constantly updated once new rumors/information comes out it would be a good place for people to come to see the status of all the latest happenings.
It is incumbent on the OP to update. I know Mr Penguin does it over on tragic and it is a lot of work. More power to anyone that takes on this task. At least UOR has less to keep track of? Maybe not-it is growing all the time....

It is incumbent on the OP to update. I know Mr Penguin does it over on tragic and it is a lot of work. More power to anyone that takes on this task. At least UOR has less to keep track of? Maybe not-it is growing all the time....
Can't remember who it was, but one of the really good posters on this site, when it was still OU, kept the Potter stuff, leading to Diagon, updated really well. And, of course we all remember the "very excellent" special members only thread that Hate to Fly (Andy) kept current on new & special info/rumors.

Can't remember who it was, but one of the really good posters on this site, when it was still OU, kept the Potter stuff, leading to Diagon, updated really well. And, of course we all remember the "very excellent" special members only thread that Hate to Fly (Andy) kept current on new & special info/rumors.
Are members only threads still a thing?

Reactions: tankart150
Are members only threads still a thing?
Haven't seen one since Andy's. And, towards the end of the thread, they opened it to everyone.....Andy's taking care of his young family now. I sure miss his contributions and the really interesting conversations from him. He was all about having fun discussions on the threads, even if they got a bit off topic.

Haven't seen one since Andy's. And, towards the end of the thread, they opened it to everyone.....Andy's taking care of his young family now. I sure miss his contributions and the really interesting conversations from him. He was all about having fun discussions on the threads, even if they got a bit off topic.
I haven’t seen any Gatorade bottle jokes in a while which makes me sad.

Reactions: Doug A. and Mad Dog