2018 Rumor Thread | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

2018 Rumor Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can't remember who it was, but one of the really good posters on this site, when it was still OU, kept the Potter stuff, leading to Diagon, updated really well. And, of course we all remember the "very excellent" special members only thread that Hate to Fly (Andy) kept current on new & special info/rumors.

Hatetofly’s secret stash will live in infamy and was the reason I joined this site, well the main reason.

I haven’t seen any Gatorade bottle jokes in a while which makes me sad.

I keep looking for a repeat of that famous picture so I could bring back the joke. I tried searching for the original picture in question but couldn’t find it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Hatetofly’s secret stash will live in infamy and was the reason I joined this site, well the main reason.

I keep looking for a repeat of that famous picture so I could bring back the joke. I tried searching for the original picture in question but couldn’t find it.
Heh, me too. I was mostly posting on Theme Park Insider then , back when it actually had a decent Forum. IU member,Theme Parks Forever, was posting there too and he mentioned that Orlando United, now Inside Universal, had the best insider info on Universal. So I looked for the site, found it, and lurked for a while. But then I became a member so I could read Hate To Fly's secret stash thread. And, 11,000 posts later, this is the only site I post on. Now, I only read Theme Park Insider occasionally since the site has really gone down hill.

Last edited:
Heh, me too. I was mostly posting on Theme Park Insider then , back when it actually had a decent Forum. IU member,Theme Parks Forever, was posting there too and he mentioned that Orlando United, now Inside Universal, had the best insider info on Universal. So I looked for the site, found it, and lurked for a while. But then I became a member so I could read Hate To Fly's secret stash thread. And, 11,000 posts later, this is the only site I post on. Now, I only read Theme Park Insider occasionally since the site has really gone down hill.
Not to get to far off topic but this was and is the only site I come to. I originally searched the internet during my first universal trip to see if I could figure out was going on across from Simpson’s. Came across this site and found out that it was Diagon Alley construction and seeing that there were more people who had the same interests I was hooked. Alas I am a sucker for anything construction related especially photos videos and actually doing that kind of work. Along with theme parks in general as it’s just fascinating how much goes into a park and attractions.

:topic: However this would be a nice thread to keep updated if you just want a quick update on the status of rumors and such.

As it stands now, we officially have:

Fast & Furious, that is supposed to open soon, with no opening date.
2 no-named hotels.
A Harry Potter Coaster (an announcement of any sort that could've helped HP Celeb 2018 be something special/newsworthy)
A "high-octane, Universal franchise" show
A no-named night show (while announcing the old night show ended with a whimper)
Christmas and RTU info, but no "official" HHN info (dates and packages)

So I don't know what they feel is the best move.....

A VB Expansion is happening, though.

If we want to be technical, Nintendo has been announced for Orlando. Just not any details on what it is/where it's going.

Reactions: Legacy
I heard that SNW is now going to the third gate, and the kid zone location is not happening anymore.

There is a bit of mixup in the rumored details here (of which the Harry Potter coaster is another prime example of) from what I can tell, and that statement I believe is jumping to the wrong conclusion on the delays... In short, watch the "Central Park" changes closely...

The rumor for nintendo here and in the new "south park" are both valid, though.