Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2020 Holidays at Universal Orlando

Are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about the little model house to the right when we first walk in.
It very well could be Potter, but to me it looks the same as the house in the attic room.
I thought the same thing. Seems like a lot was reused from the tribute store like the lights in the room where jack was. I’m kinda underwhelmed but the squirrel helps

I thought the same thing. Seems like a lot was reused from the tribute store like the lights in the room where jack was. I’m kinda underwhelmed but the squirrel helps
Honestly, for something that apparently was thrown together quickly, it's alright. Not like they had months in advance to plan the store and have these super impressive looking themes and sets. It could look alot worst.

But out of all of this, those treats they revealed make me wanna cheat on my diet, lol.

Honestly, for something that apparently was thrown together quickly, it's alright. Not like they had months in advance to plan the store and have these super impressive looking themes and sets. It could look alot worst.

But out of all of this, those treats they revealed make me wanna cheat on my diet, lol.
It def looks thrown together. Still unique and new for universal ... seems like everything was in storage and they just pulled it out with the exception of the squirrel merch. I just expected more from the grinch room :(

I'm confused where this "thrown together" comment is coming from when it's been rumored they had designed and set this up for a bit in a soundstage.
It definitely wasn't thrown together, but it does look like it. Admittedly this is about what I expected, for better or worse, though.

I just wish the same creative freedom they have with HHN they could have used for this. But then again I know they’ve def taken a huge hit financially bc of covid. I’ll still go, those ornaments of retro attractions have my name written all over them ❤️ Hopefully they will have some adult beverages to try

Yeah, I just watched the video and it looks really nice I think, especially for it being something that was switched over from the HHN Tribute store rather quickly. Did the HHN Tribute store look better? Yes. Does that mean this is crap? No.
I think the bottom line is the bottom line. Will it move merch? If it does (it will) then it is a success.

I think the bottom line is the bottom line. Will it move merch? If it does (it will) then it is a success.
Hopefully, this is something that, though developed due to working around covid restrictions, ought to become a yearly fixture for the Holiday Season. My opinion is that it's an excellent idea and a nice implementation.

Wow. Insane that expectations were so high here for a holiday layover to the Tribute Store. I think it looks great!

Are they using La Bamba in any form for the holidays? I thought it's use for Skeleton Bar was inspired and a holiday themed bar with seasonal drinks would be fantastic too.

Honestly, I think my only disappointment in the Tribute Store is the Potter section that looks like the Potter Section of Every Universal Store known to man. The first room I can appreciate what they were going for though, and I’m definitely a fan of the Grinch and Tree Farm rooms.

I’d agree that the Potter section is the “weakest,” but it fits and is pretty accurate to what is a very limited scene in the films. In the film, the Yule Ball is just the Great Hall with an icy overlay, Christmas trees and blue lights. And that’s what we got. The thing that hurts it is the lack of a big set piece, but the film doesn’t really have one either.