2nd USH Gate? | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

2nd USH Gate?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given their space-limitations, I think a better play for multi-day visits is to add more interactivity via up-charge accessories, such as the power up bands or the wands. Or add more entertainment offerings that extend your day out. An underbuilt second park at the current park entry price-point won't adequately address either either issue.

Given their space-limitations, I think a better play for multi-day visits is to add more interactivity via up-charge accessories, such as the power up bands or the wands. Or add more entertainment offerings that extend your day out. An underbuilt second park at the current park entry price-point won't adequately address either either issue.
To be honest, there technically was a 2nd gate before….lol

As of now, slim to none. In the distant future, anything could be possible. Expanding the park into the studio was also a “slim to none” proposition decades ago, now look where we are
After these latest expansions, the only thing I entertain are those sound stages going away. Other than that I think universal is pretty much land locked at that point. (Golf course could happen when we’re all dead maybe) lol

Reactions: Michael S
After these latest expansions, the only thing I entertain are those sound stages going away. Other than that I think universal is pretty much land locked at that point. (Golf course could happen when we’re all dead maybe) lol
But yet, i dont think universal is gonna want to stop expanding. They want to keep expanding even after being landlocked. Theres possibilities.

Oof… don’t talk about that possibility, even as a winking joke lol. It’ll be bad for the film and entertainment industry, and the theme park industry as well. I get the thought is nice but… let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

It also wouldn't result in more park space. Soundstages directly generate $$, and space is still at a premium in Los Angeles. Universal would not eliminate more stages/areas of their backlot than they have to.

Oof… don’t talk about that possibility, even as a winking joke lol. It’ll be bad for the film and entertainment industry, and the theme park industry as well. I get the thought is nice but… let’s hope that doesn’t happen.
Isn't the rumor that Zaslav is specifically positioning to get bought out by comcast and ride his golden parachute out? Or are people just hoping that dude goes away by any means? I mean WB doesn't have any parks outside Abu Dhabi which I imagine is just licensed. Doesn't universal have more production space as well?

In general the problem with the universal Hollywood area is there are so many rich people living there, productions taking up hotel capacity, and general lack of available land the options to stay around there are limited and expensive. I guess there are still more locals than most anywhere that could support a second gate, but for tourists the Disneyland area is far more appealing for stays. It just works better as a day trip than resort area.

Isn't the rumor that Zaslav is specifically positioning to get bought out by comcast and ride his golden parachute out? Or are people just hoping that dude goes away by any means? I mean WB doesn't have any parks outside Abu Dhabi which I imagine is just licensed. Doesn't universal have more production space as well?

In general the problem with the universal Hollywood area is there are so many rich people living there, productions taking up hotel capacity, and general lack of available land the options to stay around there are limited and expensive. I guess there are still more locals than most anywhere that could support a second gate, but for tourists the Disneyland area is far more appealing for stays. It just works better as a day trip than resort area.
The Zazlav thing is just wishful thinking projected onto the industry’s struggles. He lost a lot of his good will starting with Batgirl, then every cut, credit removal, app change was seen as him getting out. In reality, he’s participating/leading in a broken system (see the Strikes) and is making alienating decisions to save costs.

If Universal wants a company’s IP they seem to have perfected the dance to get it. No need to create further monopolies just to get the parks Batman.

We shouldn’t be advocating for it here.

The Zazlav thing is just wishful thing projected onto the industry’s struggles. He lost a lot of his good will starting with Batgirl, then every cut, credit removal, app change was seen as him getting out. In reality, he’s participating/leading in a broken system (see the Strikes) and is making alienating decisions to save costs.

If Universal wants a company’s IP they seem to have perfected the dance to get it. No need to create further monopolies just to get the parks Batman.

We shouldn’t be advocating for it here.
Leading in a broken system? what!? Do you like Zaslav?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: saint.piss
Did you read the rest of my post?
A significant amount of his workforce is currently on strike because they hate this out of touch ahole. And notice how I didn't actually advocate for a monopoly in my post. Pointing out that a dbag like zaslav would gladly get paid out is not advocating for a monopoly. This dude used debt to takeover WB while enriching his own assets to the biggest net worth in the media. I didnt say I would like universal to buy his trash. But this dude is not trying to make good long term decisions for discovery WB. His decisions are about enriching himself. It might not be universal but this dude will find a way to enrich himself and get some suckers to pay for it.

I don't want monopolies. I hated the Disney fox deal which has only extracted money from the parks and hurt consumers. But Zaslav certainty does not give one flying as long as he gets paid. Anyone who has ever worked for a company with an exec in cash out mode knows what this kind of trash exec is like,

Last edited by a moderator:
A significant amount of his workforce is currently on strike because they hate this out of touch ahole. And notice how I didn't actually advocate for a monopoly in my post. Pointing out that a dbag like zaslav would gladly get paid out is not advocating for a monopoly. This dude used debt to takeover WB while enriching his own assets to the biggest net worth in the media. I didnt say I would like universal to buy his trash. But this dude is not trying to make good long term decisions for discovery WB. His decisions are about enriching himself. It might not be universal but this dude will find a way to enrich himself and get some suckers to pay for it.
Never said you were the one advocating for a monopoly. That’s in the section about Universal. Universal doesn’t need to take advantage of monopolies to get IP.

Personally though, I can’t think the Fox acquisition was a bad idea AND believe Universal should buy WB.

Also, just to clear this up - solidarity with unions forever.

Alright everyone, WBD and Zaslav do not belong in this thread. Let’s take those discussions elsewhere, and continue on with the topic at hand

Reactions: Nico
Status
Not open for further replies.