Alton Towers Secret Weapon 7 (SW7) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Alton Towers Secret Weapon 7 (SW7)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Whilst we are talking inversions, check out this fan created "washing machine element" could this be the secret element?

[video=youtube;Wy1agS8-7RQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Wy1agS8-7RQ[/video]

Bare in mind we are looking at a 4x4 and not a 2x4 as depicted here.

Again these are rumours but the "washing machine" element has been talked about for a long time, it would answer Altons "world beating" claim. It would be situated behind the blue block outs on the aerial shots. Remember too ATs like to really push the boundaries with there SWs

Last edited:
Big Ben was True, as well as other UK buildings. I have never known marketing like it.
[video=youtube;0doiBMadquc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=0doiBMadquc[/video]
From Alton Towers youtube.

Apparently all gearing up to a big reveal on Wednesday.

The "Smiler" image is getting everywhere and it has been registered as an IP, will this be the eventual name?

Keep following this thread to find out.

Last edited:
Now this one is really creepy, not confirmed it's authenticity yet but it has a real flavour of the Sanctuary scare maze, which is linked to the ride.

[video=youtube;OUFWBN9xSIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OUFWBN9xSIQ[/video]

Just watched it again and it made my skin crawl :lol:

you can see her draw smiling face on the wall and she marks out a spiral with her finger, like the smilers eye.

I think it is too good to be a fake, more likely an early edit that shouldn't be out yet.

Whatever it is it gave me the creeps
sw7.gif

Last edited:
After a weekend of heavy teasers and marketing Alton Towers have officially revealed the name of there new coaster for the 2013 season.

top.gif

9bbuv9.jpg

http://www.altontowers.com/thesmiler/

In response to the sheep marketing
[video=youtube;J2Qya-ULEMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=J2Qya-ULEMQ[/video]

So there you have it, "The Smiler" has been touted around for a couple months after it was found to be a trademarked IP, registered by Merlin entertainments.

After much is it? and isn't it ? well yes it finally is.

What do you think of the name? do you like it? is it good or bad? its certainly different.

Taken from TowersTimes News:

The Smiler to open in May! I'm not Smiling, this is a huge delay.

Today Alton Towers Resort has confirmed that The Smiler, the Resort's brand new attraction, will open in May.

The news of the delayed May opening comes after the official name: The Smiler was revealed early this morning.

In a statement released by the Resort they say:

“We wanted to create some mystery around the name of our new world first rollercoaster, The Smiler. We’ve managed to baffle the nation and hopefully made a few people smile. The Smiler will be our biggest and most thrilling attraction the Resort has ever seen and we can’t wait for guests to join us in May and experience it for themselves.”

Last edited:
Yes gutted about the delay, quite a big one too as March 16th was the original plan. We have been expecting it though.

The best things come to those who wait. They will blame the weather no doubt, its winter, it rains, snows and gets cold. In all honesty the should have started the ground works much much earlier.

Any way to cheer us up here is a nice pic of the batwing and cobra roll.
SW7BatwingCobraRollconstuction.jpg

And some concept art.
SW7conceptart.jpg

13 inversions in that picture, maybe we are getting OTSR after all :angry:

Last edited:
Im hoping for AP previews in April, we will see. Looking forward to heading over in Feb half term, I haved been missing my Nemmy :smiley:

That would be super cool and (providing my AP hasn't run out, i think it's like the 12th april or something it runs out) - I will see you there!

Ahh Nemesis is my fave too, I remember seeing it being constructed the very first time I went to Alton Towers and thinking it was SO weird they were storing the track upside down!!!

That would be super cool and (providing my AP hasn't run out, i think it's like the 12th april or something it runs out) - I will see you there!

Ahh Nemesis is my fave too, I remember seeing it being constructed the very first time I went to Alton Towers and thinking it was SO weird they were storing the track upside down!!!

Don't know if your planning on renewing your AP. If you are, there is currently a sale on the for the MAP just check outhttp://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/ . you can buy now then when your existing one runs out just present your order number at the box office to retrieve your new, cheaper, pass.

Really looking forward to half term, need my coaster fix and maybe a sneaky peep at The Smiler. What do you think to the name by the way?

circleanim-02.gif
circleanim-02.gif
circleanim-02.gif

Don't know if your planning on renewing your AP. If you are, there is currently a sale on the for the MAP just check outhttp://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/ . you can buy now then when your existing one runs out just present your order number at the box office to retrieve your new, cheaper, pass.

Really looking forward to half term, need my coaster fix and maybe a sneaky peep at The Smiler. What do you think to the name by the way?

I'm not sure if I'm going to yet, I think I'll wait until I've booked my hols for this year and see if there's enough left over to get the MAPs.

I like the name, I just hope the ride lives up to the marketing hype! (unlike a certain coaster.... coughthirteencough)

Even without any secret or hidden elements I think The Smiler will be a great coaster, much needed on the park. Im not sold on the name, I'd guessed a while back it was gonna be that but kinda hoped it was just for the secret part of the ride. I guess it will grow on me.

Thirteen was indeed an over hyped mine train, phsycoaster my foot.

I do not like the name at all! And whats with this first world new coaster thing? It sounds like bad English! I don't really like the logo much either although I do think it works as it kind of looks like the batwing and cobra roll!

Last week sure was a busy one for Alton Towers marketing department, what with painting sheep, sending countless teasers via facebook and twitter and projecting ”The Smiler” logo onto buildings all over the counter, including Big Ben. This all lead up to them officially naming the ride "The Smiler"on Monday.

“The Smiler” was originally registered on the intellectual property office by Merlin Entertainments way back in June 2012 and found by the community in October 2012. So it wasn’t much of a surprise when The Smiler was confirmed to be the name of SW7.
We also learned, but again weren’t surprised, by a delay. March 16[SUP]th[/SUP] is now sometime in May.

So this week was always going to be quiet in comparison. Alton Towers did launch a SW7, sorry The Smiler Mini Site.

They also announced an app/game to be launched in February.

THE SMILER: THE GAME Experience.

Ride The Smiler on the move with our amazing game for tablets and smartphones!
Available on both iOS and Android devices, The Smiler Game App is set to bring The Smiler roller coaster to life, consisting of a full 3D recreation of the actual ride. Wonder if possible secret elements will be revealed.
You will be able to take control of the ride cars and navigate your way around the track in as perfect a line as possible. Experience the intense thrills, twists and turns of the ride, with the opportunity to be rewarded with upgrade points to spend on a wide range of track upgrades.
Plus if you visit the Alton Towers Resort, unlock hidden content using Augmented Reality technology, with access to additional images, videos and secret upgrades for the game.
game-gallery-th-01.jpg
game-gallery-th-02.jpg
game-gallery-th-03.jpg

taken from http://www.the-smiler.com/the-game/

So with the name revealed and a delay to contend with we still have plenty to look forward too.

circleanim-02.gif
circleanim-02.gif
circleanim-02.gif

Last edited: