Annual Pass Benefits | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Annual Pass Benefits

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
whether they offer it or not (buy a day get the year free) they should get rid of it park waaaaaaaaaaay to crowded with that if they're still gonna have it might as well bring back ALL YOU CAN EAT PASSES!
As one of those Buy A Day passholders I'm not in favor of this idea. =/

I'm on a budget because college is expensive and I appreciate being able to go to the park pretty much whenever I want to get away for a few hours. Parks don't make money on ticket sales - they make money on food and merchandise. The more people who can enter your park, the better, because if they think they're saving money on admission, they'll spend it on food and merch instead, and they are more likely to overspend on those things when they think they've got a bargain on entry.

Figure that most passholders have school or work during the usual weekdays, and that pretty much the only truly crowded times are during the peak seasons of summer, spring, and winter break - when a lot of buy a day get a year passes see most of their blackout dates. Even cutting down on pass sales won't help with crowding during those times. But what it WOULD do is hurt Universal in the off season when a good deal of passholders try to fit in smaller weekday trips or weekend trips.

No, they're still offering it I'm sure. They're advertising it on a lot of pop ups and different sites.
I stand corrected.

But going back on topic, I would love an annual pass day - at least for premium annual pass holders. Something that distinguishes our pass from the rest (and I don't mean parking).

The rest is fluff. From what I heard, Universal is thinking of doing away with the free lanyards they currently give out when you purchase a new pass.

I guess so. But it's something they didn't need to cut back on if the costs are so inconsequential.

I remember when they first introduced paper tickets. I got a paper holder which I used for two years. What a joke that was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a day or two that AP members can stay in the park an extra hour or so later than regular park guests would be kind of cool
This sounds like a great idea! I wonder if Universal would ever be willing to do that.

It shouldn't cost too much, should it? Add a performance of WaterWorld and call it quits.

^ yeah, i was just gonna say that. Plus, there are SOOOOO many annual pass members that i don't think it would even make that much of a difference.
That's true but maybe if they sent out an email instead of announcing it in the park all day, the turn out might be a more reasonable size compared to all of the people who get their passes the same day.

They need to have sign up dates for it if they decide to extend hours. Even then they would have to close early just to clear non holders out. That's why Disney gives early entry, not late stay. Its too hard to control.
Hmmm well maybe there could be a day where AP could have FOL access to the rides and preferred seating for the shows. like an annual passholder appreciation day. That would be pretty cool.

Yeah, they could do something like HHN, close park and reopen to AP members as what Adriana is saying.

^ THAT would be awesome! Although honestly, with the sheer amount of annual pass members, would we really feel a difference in ride wait times, etc? It would only feel fun if it was done party style.

For me, i wish there was an annual pass that allowed us to do FotL, but especially allowed us totake that discounted VIP style Studio Tour for like $80. Or hell, include it in the price. THAT would be amazing. As an annual pass member, I'm sometimes more interested in the tour solely instead of the rides. I want a cheaper alternative to taking the VIP tour without all the other bells and whistles of the VIP pass

^ Exactly! And they used to offer it for about a year for like $84. I would treat myself to that in a heartbeat. Or heck, imagine setting up a Inside Universal group tour! That'd be fun :) I'd be so down. I'm curious if Universal does indeed do discounted tours for groups?

^ Exactly! And they used to offer it for about a year for like $84. I would treat myself to that in a heartbeat. Or heck, imagine setting up a Inside Universal group tour! That'd be fun :) I'd be so down. I'm curious if Universal does indeed do discounted tours for groups?
They have "special pricing" for groups but I don't think it's that big of a discount.

It's not that hard to control. When an annual pass holder enters the park, give them wristbands and tell them to enter the lower lot before park closes and the park can be flushed out prior to allowing the pass holders access to the upper lot again.

They do this for other park buyouts as well.

Reactions: BernardMesa