Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Surprised this hasn't been posted but ride vehicles been revealed in more depth:

[video=youtube;OqLRXioTRFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLRXioTRFo&feature=g-all-u[/video]

Credit to Attraction Magazine.

I'm still completely surprised this ride vehicle is being made by oceaneering.... the same people who made the spiderman / transformers / curse of darkastle ride vehicle...

I'm still completely surprised this ride vehicle is being made by oceaneering.... the same people who made the spiderman / transformers / curse of darkastle ride vehicle...

2:20 in the above video.....

"We have combined a mobile, motion-based simulator with a trackless navigation system that will enable us to take you, our guests, into Antarctica and completely immerse you into that world."

So.......it's a trackless version of the Scoop?

"We have combined a mobile, motion-based simulator with a trackless navigation system that will enable us to take you, our guests, into Antarctica and completely immerse you into that world."

Well... no.

It's trackless. I doubt it's a full motion simulator on a moving platform like the Scoop.

while they wont go into much details... the vehicle appears to be what happens if cat in the hat and pooh hunny hunt had an off spring... full motion like that... (spin, move, rumble) but not a HUGE motion simulator base like scoop / evac has...

^ Nice video! :rep: Thanks for posting! You can even see a little of the movement!

I'm quite excited to go back to SeaWorld when this opens! Looks like a great attraction!

This looks pretty amazing. I might have to make a trip to SW next year to see it. Glad to see SW make a amazing dark ride.

I can't believe Seaworld is innovating more with their rides than some other companies are. This looks brilliant and I honestly cannot wait.

From Ultimate Orlando Blog:

ioL1uIK7rKrjB.JPG

ibcnPO36MLiyqJ.JPG

That glacier-work is looking good! That level of theming, plus the 360* environment inside the ride, and the mix of dark ride with animal encounter... This ride is gonna be pretty awesome! I think I might get a SeaWorld Fun Card for 2013!