Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Ultimate Orlando Blog:

ioL1uIK7rKrjB.JPG

ibcnPO36MLiyqJ.JPG

Whole lot of progress being made!

It's Massive. My Goodness.

- - - Updated - - -

That glacier-work is looking good! That level of theming, plus the 360* environment inside the ride, and the mix of dark ride with animal encounter... This ride is gonna be pretty awesome! I think I might get a SeaWorld Fun Card for 2013!

Certainly a good deal. I'm considering it!

Reactions: Fun and Felipe
If your going more than twice get a regular annual pass. Parking is expensive :thumbs:

If your going more than twice get a regular annual pass. Parking is expensive :thumbs:

That is true... The point of the Fun Card is going twice or more :lol: To be honest, I had one years ago and only went once or twice :p But I was younger, and going with family, and the park didn't have all the awesome new stuff like Turtle Trek, Antarctica, and even Manta (yes, it's new to me :bang: and I wanna ride that puppy badly). So an AP might be a good investment :thumbs: and maybe I could get a Busch Gardens and SeaWorld combo one. I've been talking with my friend about making a trip to Tampa for the longest time now, and we're pretty dead set on going soon. We need to switch it up a bit from the Uni coasters, so this might be a good incentive to go for it :sneaky:

That sure is a lot of machinery on the roof. They added quite some stuff in the lower right section (the first section of the ride building). The penguin rocks are also coming along nicely. Only 5 more month left :)

That sure is a lot of machinery on the roof. They added quite some stuff in the lower right section (the first section of the ride building). The penguin rocks are also coming along nicely. Only 5 more month left :)
Almost all AC units too...brrr

So following up on the AP talk... I'm either being stalked :look: or the law of attraction really works :lol: because just a bit ago my friend called me out of the blue to go to Busch Gardens this weekend, and it looks like we're getting APs to SW and BG!

Can't wait to visit the parks again, and I can't wait for this to be open!! WooHoo!! :happy:

I work at seaworld and I'm gonna ask my supervisor to be transferred to Antartica so I can be the opening crew. I'll work in the restaraunt since I'm culinary!

From what I gather,

Eticket
Restaurant
Ice cream parlor
2 gift shops

Can someone explain what exactly this ride is? I know its trackless but other than that Im lost
It is a trackless "darkride" with floor-to-ceiling, 360 degree viewing capability for passengers. Completely themed ice sets line the building interior as the vehicle passes by screens to tell a story of a baby penguin (think Turtle Trek) and as well as windows into the live penguin enclosures.

The trackless element means that the ride can vary its path every time you ride and even interact with other ride vehicles in interesting ways.