Anything new for Jurassic Park? | Inside Universal Forums

Anything new for Jurassic Park?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, Universal just had a recent refurbishment, and besides reskinning the dinos, I saw nothing new. I doubt we'll get anything new on the ride for the 3D re-release, but if i was a betting man, I'd bet that for the release of the 4th movie they'll add some minor things to the ride, ala "now wetter than ever!" or a couple more spitters. Personally I just want the animatronics restored to their former 1996 glory.

Look at any old video of Jurassic Park the ride. The animatronics used to be amazing! They just simply are way too simple, robotic, have awkward movements, less movements, less fluid, etc. Such a shame....and yes, they've tweaked them a bit recently but they still look lame in my opinion. Which is a shame, im a huge fan of the ride...

Didn't they add the scratch marks in Florida after Jurassic Park 3 premiered? I'm betting that's the extent of any rumored change.

If we want to see what could be improved, we should probably look at Japan. Even then, there aren't dramatic differences between the two.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ yup, it was just the scratch marks. I doubt it'll be anything major, but hey, you never know!

(personally,i can't wait till the Mummy reboot so that we can hopefully get additions to THAT, that ride is missing a lot)

I actually think that except for the fluidity of the animatronics, our version is superior to the Florida and Japan version.

I agree. Not sure if I've said this before, but the lack of space actually helped us create a more immersive experience. Too much space in Florida and Japan, though Japan's finale is very impressive. If I recall correctly, they had generators vibrating and you could feel the entire room rumble. Very cool effect.

Ooo that's a cool effect! Also, the Florida and Japan version have fewer dinosaurs, that's another thing that makes it not as immersive, although the Japan ride has pretty fluid animatronics. Also, a falling box VS. a falling car? Come on, no competition.

I think they just lined up subwoofers in that room. I wouldn't think that would be too complicated for Hollywood to do.

Bruce submitted this photo that I wanted to share:

IMG_1628 by InsideUniversal.net, on Flickr

I've seen work done in that area before in the past, but is there something there that's always a reoccurring issue in that portion of the building?

The bambo curtain hiding the skinned dinosaurs at the ride entrance is lame and down right embarassing. What's the schedule for completing this repair?

Reactions: BruceTheShark
Hi new here just went to USH I love Universal planning to go to Florida sometime soon just gotta say they need new cups I got one and saw it was from Jurassic Park 3 that came out in 2001... They should at least make new ones for the 3D re-release. And what's up with the bamboo thingy?

Reactions: Jeremy12Lopez
I've been on both in Fl and Hollywood and I would have to say the falling car was indeed better. Also to Jayme I know what your saying even the apparel is outdateed but in my opinion Juarassic park is the last thing to get tlc from universal with so many other projects in the works

I was telling my brother that with all the technology and money Universal has I would love for them to make a car ride alla King Kong 3D I don't know if anyone has played that one game where your shooting Dinosaurs in a car I played it a long time ago in chuck E Cheeses it was a great game and a great idea for a ride.

Hi new here just went to USH I love Universal planning to go to Florida sometime soon just gotta say they need new cups I got one and saw it was from Jurassic Park 3 that came out in 2001... They should at least make new ones for the 3D re-release. And what's up with the bamboo thingy?
I don't really understand either. Didn't the ride recently undergo construction?