Are Shows Universal? | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Are Shows Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And the fact it was a Universal film and WSS is Fox/Disney.
ITH was a WB film :lol:

Anyway, so like I said, this show is using some of the parade performers. Apparently, their plan after the parade stopped (but the performers were kept on) was to have four mini-shows just like this. They only ended up casting this show and there's no shows on the that have upcoming audition dates. The rest of the parade cast that did not get picked to be in this show is being let go at the end of the month so those other shows aren't happening (one supposedly would've been by Mel's, so my mind automatically goes to something like Grease).

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Right now guests want shows to be around 12-18 minutes long. That's why Disney's shows are all being shortened (in addition to the capacity gains).
And the issue when you go to Country Bears or Tiki Room is always the same-- people walk out before the show is over, even when it's the now shorter versions. Much easier just to have street entertainment.

ITH was a WB film :lol:

Anyway, so like I said, this show is using some of the parade performers. Apparently, their plan after the parade stopped (but the performers were kept on) was to have four mini-shows just like this. They only ended up casting this show and there's no shows on the that have upcoming audition dates. The rest of the parade cast that did not get picked to be in this show is being let go at the end of the month so those other shows aren't happening (one supposedly would've been by Mel's, so my mind automatically goes to something like Grease).

I'm an idiot.

I LOVE this. And the dancers are absolutely killing it. I hope they keep this one going so I can catch it. (And yes, "In the Heights" or "Carnaval del Barrio" would be a really fun addition.)

Yeah, I love this! I love the same sex couples and the audience participation. It's such a good vibe and just seems like everyone is having a great time. Would definitely make a point to see this show during my next visit. Legit got kinda emotional watching it, just from a representation standpoint.

Universal Orlando has debuted a brand-new street show at Universal Studios Florida – “¡Vamos! – Báilalo”.

Reactions: Nico and belloq87

Apparently, their plan after the parade stopped (but the performers were kept on) was to have four mini-shows just like this. They only ended up casting this show and there's no shows on the that have upcoming audition dates. The rest of the parade cast that did not get picked to be in this show is being let go at the end of the month so those other shows aren't happening (one supposedly would've been by Mel's, so my mind automatically goes to something like Grease).
Not sure if this is the same one that was planned when CPZ was ending, but if it is, I'm wondering if the other two shows may eventually see the light of day after all...

...or maybe not, I wouldn't know.

The quality of costumes, and the fact they’re on the pavement instead of-you know-the stage makes it feel like a swing dance club’s last minute flash mob. I wish there was just a touch more. More details on the costumes. More scale to the dancing.

But I’ve always wanted Mel’s stage to host a doo-wop group that performs covers of TV/movie theme songs.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Clive
I didn’t realize Universal is making a 2-part Wicked movie series.

Would be amazing if they opened a show in the park to go along with the movie launch. Could go in Fear Factor Live, but I think Toon Lagoon is the better theater for such a production

Reactions: Mad Dog
I would think the Blue Man Group/Nickelodeon theater would be more apropos for a Wicked show.

No room. The USJ Wicked show was bastardized into a 35 minute version and I don't think UOR wants to make even more cuts to get it around 20 minutes. Then you just have a concert of hits in minimal staging - at that point just install SIX.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Or… hear me out… Oz land in Epic Universe with a “Wicked Story of the Wicked Witch” dark ride, “Flight from the Emerald City” family coaster, Ozdust Ballroom and Shiz Cafeteria eateries, and a “One Short Day” concert venue.

Gary Goddard had a proposed Oz park in Kansas 30+ years ago. Had some awesome ideas.
Money was raised, concept art and designs were proposed and it was on its way. Until it wasn’t.

Reactions: belloq87
Or… hear me out… Oz land in Epic Universe with a “Wicked Story of the Wicked Witch” dark ride, “Flight from the Emerald City” family coaster, Ozdust Ballroom and Shiz Cafeteria eateries, and a “One Short Day” concert venue.

No thanks!

Reactions: jarmor
Press release yesterday about the new DreamWorks Land stated

“The new DreamWorks land, coming to Universal Studios Florida, is part of a collection of new entertainment experiences debuting at Universal Orlando Resort in 2024”

To start some discussion
-We have a confirmed new fireworks show on the way
-Rumored new parade, no hard evidence or strong rumored details
-Mild rumors of new Hogwarts show

Think we can expect anything else? Maybe a show in one of the empty amphitheaters or CityWalk