Attractions that should retire | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Attractions that should retire

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A complete retheme of Toon Lagoon to Wicked. Just joking. Sorry. Theme it to "CSA" (Confederate States of America) Bluto's becomes the fictional Cahulawassee River. (You probably don't know that name, but I bet money you know the famous Banjo song and the movie it's from.
I don't know they movie or the banjo song, so where can I collect my winnings.

Also "Lincoln" would be a horrible choice to theme something after. Sure it may be good for Americans but for an international resort like UOR who is working on increasing international guests, its not something you would want. It's clear that world wide interest in the movie was extremely low, it got half the US earnings, when in todays market the international audience usually brings in the bulk of the grossing.

It would be best to add something that is more like 30-40% Domestic and 60-70% International. Or even closer to 50-50.

IOA:
Bring back the original Posidon's Fury, retire the current version
Toon theater for sure

Studios:
-Dispicable me can already go, I don't understand how they keep getting away with the same ride, new video, same lame 3-D attraction. Sure the movie is somewhat cute but not worthy of its own attractionl.
-Beetlejuice and Twister, definitely time to go
-Am I the only one (I know this isn't an attraction) that things the ugly new york 2D facades need to go at the end of the main strip? I mean its the very first thing you see when you enter the park, especially after new Potter opens all the new customers that have never been, I think would be expecting more of a theme park entrance.
-Fear factor for sure
-Disater, got a little more relevant with the update but still lame
-Kids Zone
-Simpsons, just build a better dark ride, no more simulators.

OH! I forgot the biggest one of all, Dragon Challenge, I don't know what happened (and personally I don't like it) but no one rides that attraction anymore, it takes up so much space that I wouldn't be surprised if Universal was forced to take it out or at least do a huge overhaul due to the sheer fact that its not bringing any money in.

OH! I forgot the biggest one of all, Dragon Challenge, I don't know what happened (and personally I don't like it) but no one rides that attraction anymore, it takes up so much space that I wouldn't be surprised if Universal was forced to take it out or at least do a huge overhaul due to the sheer fact that its not bringing any money in.
Its the extremely boring queue. I'm a HP junkie but that queue is nowhere near as interesting as dueling dragons. Kinda lazy

Dragon Challenge has always had a low wait time due its capacity ability. The think eats people...belch.

Agreed, it is going nowhere. They can't replace the capacity easily and too many people like it.

Gottcha, well least they can do is a reimagining of th equeue and a new paint job, weld some metal tree branches on all that steal work and make it look like a forest. The attraction is UGLY.

Gottcha, well least they can do is a reimagining of th equeue and a new paint job, weld some metal tree branches on all that steal work and make it look like a forest. The attraction is UGLY.

I agree and think at some point they may enhance the queue and maybe even add some more near misses in the ride itself. But that won't be for many years, too many other things in the works to change this right now.

Guys, I have a great idea! They can make the ride awesome by making the 2 trains do something called dueling! Dueling is where the trains come to near misses and "race"! There used to be an awesome coaster called Dueling Dragons that did this:doggie:

-Am I the only one (I know this isn't an attraction) that things the ugly new york 2D facades need to go at the end of the main strip? I mean its the very first thing you see when you enter the park, especially after new Potter opens all the new customers that have never been, I think would be expecting more of a theme park entrance.

You're not alone! That should go, along with Twister, to make way for a Broadway mini area within NY, which I think would work much better there than Twister and the 2D facades.

I would love a Forbidden Forest walk-through, like a next-level ET forest, complete with animatronics of magical creatures. I would :died:
It would give a whole new life to the Dragons queue which is such a dead space right now... Phase 3 please! :pray:

You're not alone! That should go, along with Twister, to make way for a Broadway mini area within NY, which I think would work much better there than Twister and the 2D facades.

Everybody is cool with Book of Mormon in NY and Avenue Q in Kidzone, right? :look:

From the perspective of an occasional vacationer to the Orlando parks (usually once a year), I love Twister. It's a simple entertaining windswept blast and is a great excuse to get out the hot sun for 5 or 10 mins. But I agree the pre-show is pants. I can imagine you AP owners would be pretty sick of it though.

One done Beetlejuice once and it was OK, but I'd be happy to see that go.

Fear Factor is the biggest waste of space in the park. In fact, as we usually visit in late May or early June it's usually closed.:shrug:

A question on copyrights and ownerships etc... Who owns the rights to the Star Trek franchise? I'm just surprised that's not found it's way into the parks anywhere.

From the perspective of an occasional vacationer to the Orlando parks (usually once a year), I love Twister. It's a simple entertaining windswept blast and is a great excuse to get out the hot sun for 5 or 10 mins. But I agree the pre-show is pants. I can imagine you AP owners would be pretty sick of it though.

One done Beetlejuice once and it was OK, but I'd be happy to see that go.

Fear Factor is the biggest waste of space in the park. In fact, as we usually visit in late May or early June it's usually closed.:shrug:

A question on copyrights and ownerships etc... Who owns the rights to the Star Trek franchise? I'm just surprised that's not found it's way into the parks anywhere.

I believe CBS Studios got the rights to Star Trek in the big split up of Viacom, as well as Gene Roddenberry's widow having a portion.

Also how bout my "The Weather Channel: Ride it Out!" idea, you get a whole new pre-show and que. And that is a Comcast brand now :cheers:

I believe CBS Studios got the rights to Star Trek in the big split up of Viacom, as well as Gene Roddenberry's widow having a portion.

Also how bout my "The Weather Channel: Ride it Out!" idea, you get a whole new pre-show and que. And that is a Comcast brand now :cheers:

I guess your "Weather Channel" idea would float. Would perhaps make it a bit more current than Twister is.