Attractions that should retire | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Attractions that should retire

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess your "Weather Channel" idea would float. Would perhaps make it a bit more current than Twister is.

Ha ha, yep! They could have it with Al Roker :pound:

Also for the Star Trek. They are already in a licensing deal for "I Love Lucy", so it is not like they have never worked together. I guess Paramount is involved in the new movies, but they were on the other side of the Viacom split. So I am not sure if they would need to be included for the licensing deal. But Paramount is also involved with the newer Transformers movies.

Long story short, Uni needs a huge Star Trek area. :happy:

I believe CBS Studios got the rights to Star Trek in the big split up of Viacom, as well as Gene Roddenberry's widow having a portion.

Also how bout my "The Weather Channel: Ride it Out!" idea, you get a whole new pre-show and que. And that is a Comcast brand now :cheers:

I believe it is just his son, shes gone now, if he has any rights to Trek at all.

I believe it is just his son, shes gone now, if he has any rights to Trek at all.

I did not realize that. She did some voice work for the last movie, but I guess she passed before it was released. For those that do not know she did the iconic voice of the computer for most of the shows and movies.

I tried doing some more digging, but it is hard to tell. I believe the son still has a portion. He may not be able to tell CBS what they can and can not do with the brand, but probably gets some royalties.

Last edited:
I would love to see Twister and T2 upgraded like Disaster is going to be. But as far as replacing I think: Fear Factor, Toon Lagoon theater, Kid Zone and Animal Actors could all go and be replaced with better attractions. I would have chosen Disaster as the only RIDE to be retired but Disaster is getting a major upgrade soon. And I like Twister and T2 I just really want to see them upgraded and being paid more attention to.

Last edited:
Whoever says dueling dragons should leave is ridiculous. It's still two of some of the best B&M's out there. Although I want DD's name to come back and it to duel again, it's still really fun.

Whoever says dueling dragons should leave is ridiculous. It's still two of some of the best B&M's out there. Although I want DD's name to come back and it to duel again, it's still really fun.

I don't think they should be removed, but the coasters not dueling anymore really takes the fun out of riding it now. We've been skipping it the last few times we've been there. I'm sure its a blast for new people who never rode the original Dueling Dragons, but to me it's not near as fun.

Dont have a heart attack when I say this because Im always advocating it staying but Twister's time is up.

That and Shrek.....15 min wait all day while the rest of the rides were pushing 60

Twister's replacement would have to be really, really great if it was to go. Twister has a place in my heart so I would be upset to see it go. Shrek and T2 can go and I wouldn't cry about it.

Twister is a classic to the park, I don't see it going too soon.
Shrek is still popular, I personally know a lot of kids who's favorite ride is that now that nickelodeon is gone.

Twister is a classic to the park, I don't see it going too soon.
Shrek is still popular, I personally know a lot of kids who's favorite ride is that now that nickelodeon is gone.

I wouldn't consider Twister a classic to the park. The classics are rides like Jaws and Kongfrontation.

^Which are both long gone. Twister has been through it all, it's one of the oldest (if not oldest) rides in the park that hasn't been rethemed

Twister's replacement would have to be really, really great if it was to go. Twister has a place in my heart so I would be upset to see it go. Shrek and T2 can go and I wouldn't cry about it.

Twister also holds a place in my heart too. I don't know why I just still enjoy it and like it 1000 times better than Disaster. I just wish it would get some new major upgrades and some more attention. And same here for Shrek's replacement and either a T2 refurb or if replaced hopefully something better by ride concept and by theme of the ride.

I love twister too...I know its not a ride but Id hate to lose it unless they were going to keep it as a walk through attraction type the way it is. You have to have things like that in a theme park. people always forget that everyone isnt a teenager looking for a coaster. to make the most money you have to have a reason the parents and grandparents want to pay to be there too other than to wait on benches. walk through attractions like Twister and shows like Terminator are what keep other generations around. you cant alienate the whole older generation just to have whats new. It has to be a combination. Disneys still making little mermaid attractions and look at how old that is. Im not good at examples but Im just saying as an older-ish guy whos parents are seniors that love the parks as well I can see from their eyes. kids bring the big business but someone has to want to bring them there.does that make sense?
and I love Twister lol

How Twister has survived is baffling, honestly. It's all around hokey and mediocre. I'll go to see Bill Paxton's Oscar worthy acting occasionally, but nothing I would miss.

A haunted house like the one in hollywood would be a good addition in Twisters spot. But there really isn't enough space for something big.

A haunted house like the one in hollywood would be a good addition in Twisters spot. But there really isn't enough space for something big.

Year-round haunted houses are almost always a bad idea. The one in Hollywood is no exception IMO. Plus that takes away the novelty of HHN.

I love Twister, for purely nostalgic reasons, but I can see it going very soon, which makes me pretty sad. The good news is Universal is pretty occupied with projects for the time being, and maybe when all the construction is finally done they'll take a few years to sit back and relax, meaning Twister, and all the other rides being discussed here that aren't currently on the chopping block, are pretty safe.

But you never really can tell with the guys that took out a classic like Jaws (RIP). Just don't take out T2....please, anything but T2.