Aventura Hotel | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they price it right, they'll tempt people out of the Rosens and Similar level hotels.

Right. The goal is to trap as many people on property as possible. It's no different than Disney's strategy as well.

Plus, I'd rather have the "cheap"/lightly themed resorts looking like CBBR and Adventura than the Pop Century or All-Stars

One nice thing about Universal. Even with the popularity of Harry Potter and the big attendance increases, they haven't hiked their hotel prices up more than close to normal inflation rates. I find it amazing that I can get a room at Portofino, a hotel equal or better than the Grand Floridian, for a third of the cost, and get free Express Passes to boot.

Right. The goal is to trap as many people on property as possible. It's no different than Disney's strategy as well.

Plus, I'd rather have the "cheap"/lightly themed resorts looking like CBBR and Adventura than the Pop Century or All-Stars
Having stayed at all these resorts, along with AoA, I agree that CBBR and probably Aventura will be a step above the Disney values but at a similar price point. I stayed at CBBR last August and will be heading to ASMu in early April. I'm curious to compare, since I think Disney has worked to refresh the AS resorts and I would say AoA and CBBR were closer in terms of freshness. (although I stayed at AoA right as it was opening)

Reactions: Mad Dog
Having stayed at all these resorts, along with AoA, I agree that CBBR and probably Aventura will be a step above the Disney values but at a similar price point. I stayed at CBBR last August and will be heading to ASMu in early April. I'm curious to compare, since I think Disney has worked to refresh the AS resorts and I would say AoA and CBBR were closer in terms of freshness. (although I stayed at AoA right as it was opening)
Arts of Anim. is definitely better than the other Disney value resorts by far, BUT, they have a limited number of standard rooms and their suites are far more expensive than Cabana's suites. Disney calls AA a value hotel but their prices are more in line with their moderates. CBBR suites are a much better value than AA's, in my opinion.

CBBR is probably my favorite theme park resort in Orlando, at the very least tied with Port Orleans Riverside

Reactions: UNIrd
I've stayed at all star movies once. And only once. It was miserable with my family of 4. The busses suck, the food court is hell with kids everywhere, the bathroom is claustrophobic and the beds aren't for 6 footers that's for sure. It's a motel 6. Period. So maybe- with those expectations- you'll like it more :D

im a DVC member so i ve stayed at some quality places on property and my wife told me after our stay at CBBR that was her new favorite
I'm DVC also. I've done all the DVC resorts- including Aulani, HHI and VB. Haven't done VGC and that's all. Ive also done all the universals except CBBR. Royal pacific is still my favorite at uni- but nothing touches the boardwalk for me. I love animal kindgdom too- but the boardwalk is just a cool place.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I've stayed at all star movies once. And only once. It was miserable with my family of 4. The busses suck, the food court is hell with kids everywhere, the bathroom is claustrophobic and the beds aren't for 6 footers that's for sure. It's a motel 6. Period. So maybe- with those expectations- you'll like it more :D

I'm DVC also. I've done all the DVC resorts- including Aulani, HHI and VB. Haven't done VGC and that's all. Ive also done all the universals except CBBR. Royal pacific is still my favorite at uni- but nothing touches the boardwalk for me. I love animal kindgdom too- but the boardwalk is just a cool place.
boardwalk is my favorite

Reactions: Andysol
CBBR is probably my favorite theme park resort in Orlando, at the very least tied with Port Orleans Riverside
Agreed. Really liked the retro vibe of CBBR and Port Orleans Riverside is a beautiful resort. I'm hoping to try out some of the other Disney resorts as my daughter will be in DCP starting in April and I will be able to get some CM discounts. :ears: