Aventura Hotel | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This hotel will be the place to be after HHN.

Also, I wonder how they would be able to prevent people from Aventura using boat serivice to the park.
If they put a bus on from Aventura around the VB shuttle loop they might be able to pull people that way. Otherwise I think they need to put on more boats. They have an ad for boat drivers up and have had for quite a while

universals-aventura-hotel-standard-room-rendering-c.jpg

I'm gonna sound like a jerk for saying this.

I was looking for a place to live earlier this year and ended up looking at several of the "luxury apartment" buildings that seem to be springing up all over the country. This looks exactly like those. The textures are designed to look nice (hardwood floors, cement-ish countertops) at first glance, but mask the cheap materials that become readily apparent once you spend a little time there. Plus, they don't age well. It only takes a couple years for this to feel less-than-new because the design is meant to be very "of-the-moment."

These rooms look trendy + modern now, but I can't imagine they'll age well in terms of maintenance or style.

All of that apartment shopping made me cynical though.

I was looking for a place to live earlier this year and ended up looking at several of the "luxury apartment" buildings that seem to be springing up all over the country. This looks exactly like those. The textures are designed to look nice (hardwood floors, cement-ish countertops) at first glance, but mask the cheap materials that become readily apparent once you spend a little time there. Plus, they don't age well. It only takes a couple years for this to feel less-than-new because the design is meant to be very "of-the-moment."

These rooms look trendy + modern now, but I can't imagine they'll age well in terms of maintenance or style.

I agree, it will require constant maintenance but the IKEA look is in and just look at those bed skirts, not going to last long but they have my attention for an HHN stay and the rooftop bar is what I would book for. at $100 or so a night I am in.

Reactions: Andysol

Let's put this in perspective guys, it looks exactly like a room from Disney Contemporary Resort for a fraction of the price.
disney-s-contemporary.jpg

I get what you're saying, CBBR rooms have some of the same issues. The only thing I worry about is the flooring, the rest can be upgraded and replaced easily.

Hotels typically receive complete room remodels every 5-7 years, so I wouldn't worry about these looking too "out of date". They will simply updated to whatever trend is hot at the time of the remodel.

Since this is a Loews run hotel too, I don't have any worries about wear and tear becoming an issue either since they run their hotels with pride.

Somewhat related.....I love Bay Lake Tower at Disney. They do a great job at maintaining that place. Aventura reminds me of BLT except for the price range. I'm a little surprised that Univeral/Lowes went for the "value" market with this one.

Somewhat related.....I love Bay Lake Tower at Disney. They do a great job at maintaining that place. Aventura reminds me of BLT except for the price range. I'm a little surprised that Univeral/Lowes went for the "value" market with this one.
I agree... I feel like they could charge more for this hotel (and then in turn, charge more for Sapphire). The rooms do look slightly cramped though.

Fascinating that they are using Vive as a means to preview Adventura.

That's actually huge in the implications this may have for the future of a potential preview center if they do one for UOSouth. There is a lot of potential that can seriously come from using VR as a means of showing to audiences what they have en-store of the park from ground view.

Now, as for Adventura, I am actually wondering how will they do this. Because there are plenty of ways that they can do a preview of a hotel like this for a convention center like the IPW.

Either way, here's to hoping that we get more information this week on that..

This is going to sound like a strange nitpick, but Universal hasn't mentioned anything about a full-service restaurant at Aventura. Unless I'm mistaken, all of Universal's hotels have a counter-service restaurant, full-service restaurant, and a separately-branded bar. (Sapphire Falls actually has a real restaurant that I didn't know about in addition to the rum bar everybody loves)

They've talked about a "casual food hall" and a "rooftop bar." There hasn't been any mention of a full-service restaurant. Yet, they've also mentioned the lobby Starbucks, which I would think of as a minor detail. It makes me think they don't have any more surprises to tell us about the resort. It'll be interesting if this is the first resort without a restaurant.

Reactions: 12th Man
This is going to sound like a strange nitpick, but Universal hasn't mentioned anything about a full-service restaurant at Aventura. Unless I'm mistaken, all of Universal's hotels have a counter-service restaurant, full-service restaurant, and a separately-branded bar. (Sapphire Falls actually has a real restaurant that I didn't know about in addition to the rum bar everybody loves)

They've talked about a "casual food hall" and a "rooftop bar." There hasn't been any mention of a full-service restaurant. Yet, they've also mentioned the lobby Starbucks, which I would think of as a minor detail. It makes me think they don't have any more surprises to tell us about the resort. It'll be interesting if this is the first resort without a restaurant.
The sit down at Cabana Bay is really stretching the full restaurant term. It's a really very limited food choice spot next to the bowling alley upstairs. The main food area for CBBR is the quick service restaurant, plus the two pool area restaurants.

Reactions: Joel and GadgetGuru