Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

This is going to sound like a strange nitpick, but Universal hasn't mentioned anything about a full-service restaurant at Aventura. Unless I'm mistaken, all of Universal's hotels have a counter-service restaurant, full-service restaurant, and a separately-branded bar. (Sapphire Falls actually has a real restaurant that I didn't know about in addition to the rum bar everybody loves)

They've talked about a "casual food hall" and a "rooftop bar." There hasn't been any mention of a full-service restaurant. Yet, they've also mentioned the lobby Starbucks, which I would think of as a minor detail. It makes me think they don't have any more surprises to tell us about the resort. It'll be interesting if this is the first resort without a restaurant.

The sit down at Cabana Bay is really stretching the full restaurant term. It's a really very limited food choice spot next to the bowling alley upstairs. The main food area for CBBR is the quick service restaurant, plus the two pool area restaurants.
Yeah, they don't really consider the bowling alley a restaurant.

I get the rooftop bar totally but I think they should expand the idea with a restaurant up there too. Even though it's a "value" hotel, it certainly doesn't look like one so guests maybe expecting at least one sit-down.

The sit down at Cabana Bay is really stretching the full restaurant term. It's a really very limited food choice spot next to the bowling alley upstairs. The main food area for CBBR is the quick service restaurant, plus the two pool area restaurants.

Yeah, they don't really consider the bowling alley a restaurant.
Didn't know that! I always assumed it was a regular restaurant that just happened to be in the bowling alley. Thanks a lot!

Very minimalist = Very Ikea
Eh. I think it appeals to the same market targeted for the hotel. Personally, I kinda like it. :shrug: Also, one thing to add is that in the video, the woman mentions that each room has an iPad (wall-mounted probably) that controls the lights and the AC! Super great perk for the cheapest on-site hotel. *looking at you, Disney* It'd be cool if it controlled the curtain, too. Lol. I stayed at a hotel with an automatic curtain and it was pretty neat. Haha

Eh. I think it appeals to the same market targeted for the hotel. Personally, I kinda like it. :shrug: Also, one thing to add is that in the video, the woman mentions that each room has an iPad (wall-mounted probably) that controls the lights and the AC! Super great perk for the cheapest on-site hotel. *looking at you, Disney* It'd be cool if it controlled the curtain, too. Lol. I stayed at a hotel with an automatic curtain and it was pretty neat. Haha

Why not something like Alexa instead?

I think they are continuing to target the convention market with this hotel. The rooftop bar makes this hotel a no-brainer for convention bookers. My guess is that the rooftop will often be closed for private events.

Man, you really have nothing of substance to post in any thread.

This post was pretty pointless as well.

Didn't say it was bad. It'll just look like IKEA.

He may be onto something. There is no Cabana Bay towers in the Aventura concept art either. Thankfully, he cracked the case.

Sarcasm aside, yes - you won't have the clear view of the Volcano, but you still will be able to see it. It's hotel concept art - views are always exaggerated.

It does seem odd though especially since Universal has been so spot on with their concept art over the last few projects.

Maybe the roof top bar will look over the towers.